working at it slowly

Comments

• Some boys like sunny Sunday afternoons.................

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

It was glorious here on Thursday and Friday but has cooled down considerably and looks to go back to 'normal' (low/mid teens C) tomorrow. It looks as if I cannot put my boots away yet :(

MS and I went out for a snack and stroll today, then stopped for a pub drink on the way home. I have been itching to try some of the new gins and very much enjoyed a Gordon's pink variety :)
  • podds - what lovely photos

daffs - hope your hand is getting better

the half marathon today was hot, very humid, there were a couple of raindrops but not enough to cool it down, so took it easy, although my left knee is not very happy, not sure why. Finished but a tough run

• Morning all
    Read back but not awake enough to remember who said what!
    Well done on the half mara MC? I watched some of London yesterday an it just looked so hot! We had a nice long walk around the notts countryside - working mon -fri hours means i dont get out walking as much as i did when doing shifts so it was lovely to stretch the legs!

• hello lovelies

well done on your half MC

glad you enjoyed the walk Flibs- its just nice to get out in the fresh air sometimes.

Sluggy I too like a gin :)

Podds Mr FF just seems to find crutches really painful - shoulders hurt, hips hurt, his other ankle hurts! I am trying to be sympathetic honestly!

It does mean that I am totally lumbered with everything at home, Mr FF always did the cooking during the week as I work long hours and do my running so I'm having to be more organized than usual as well as being a nursemaid. We've had to buy a new washing machine and I'm also trying to catch up on a weeks worth of washing! Gosh sorry - moan moan moan!

Loved the London marathon coverage on TV we had a few runners from our club so was exciting to track them - 2 of our ladies took 7.5 hours which is a long old day in the heat.

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    My friend's son did it in 3 h and 1 minute!!!! 

We were in N Wales and it had cooled considerably with a drizzly midday. Much nicer conditions for running (not that I did)
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    That's a very decent time for a mara Pippi! 

Well done on your half MC - and to your plodpals Yums
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Afternoonicles

It appears that Spring has been and gone. I have done a bit of that gardening stuff of which Daffers spoke. Would rather the type which Podds illustrated. However my attempts weren't as derring and dangerous as Daffer's sepsis and lock jaw. I just strimmered in shorts and engraved my ankles in the process. It's raining now so hopefully no more Titchmarsh style shenanigans required for a while. I also wonder when the barbeque might see the light of day again? Hope the antibiotics are doing their stuff and the gastric balance resumes soon Daffy.

Went to London on Sunday. My brother and nephew were involved in some little community jogging thing. It was very busy and rather hot. They didn't win but did very well and raised a commendable amount for charity. Well done on your half MC - a much more sensible distance.

((((Mr Far Far)))) and ((((((for nurse Far Far))))) highly impressive forebearance!!

((((All poorly WAISTers and their partners)))) seems a few are going through it at the moment.

Went to bed early the other night not feeling great myself. I wasn't allowed to take it easy as I took delivery of 2 dead mice and a very loud  puke at intervals throughout the night. Luckily apart from feeling rather tired there were no long term I'll effects (not so much for the mice though)

Happy is that April nearly done already???? Best get on then.....
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Good evening WAISTerloonies

My doesn't time fly!

((((( Mrs farfar)))) I'm really pleased that Mr FF had his op but sorry to hear he is finding crutches painful and so has taken to the sofa and become greyhoundlike. Hopefully he'll get bored and work out ways of doing things. Surely 6 weeks of daytime tv is enough motivation!

Pippi, hoorah for blocked pipes curing Mr pippi's back. Poor pipette I bet she was glad of her chippy tea.

M.....eldy just a little 67 mile sportif ☺ How is that poor ickle puddytat after his ordeal?

34 years, sluggy? You'd get less for murder? I love your description of your lunch watching the kingfisher. ☺

MC you did well roughing out your half marathon in the heat on Sunday.

Chuggy, I'm pleased that although Mr C's skin issues were melanoma they've got it all and that his plastic surgery is turning him into a toyboy☺

Podds I live the photo of Tom and badger sunbathing. Such typical greyhound behaviour. I don't blame Elvis for staying indoors in the nice cool lounge. 

DL I'm really surprised you weren't jogging around London too on sunday. I hope your brother enjoyed it

Nothing exciting to report here. Work is super busy. Miniyums no 2 starts his police specials training this coming weekend. I tackled the garden at the weekend and managed to sit in it which was a rare treat. ☺also enjoyed a 6 mile trail run with my new club.
  • Morning All

As of today I have been unofficially shackled to Mr P for sooooooooooo many years I actually can't remember  :*  think it might be 27???

Only remembered this morning when I was dating some invoices I'd authorised :D 

Hope Mr FF is getting the hang of crutches - I have always loved using them :):) 

Gotta go - trains to sort out ;) 
  • Oh dear - a year out - 28 years........doesn't time fly when you're having..............fun..........:)
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your 28 years together Podds!

Yums, it doesn't seem possible that your youngest is old enough to start his 'Specials' training! :o I wish him well.

Jenni, I hope that Mr FF is recovering well  and is becoming less aggravating!

Daffs, I hope you are much better now too.
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    I can't believe you don't remember your anniversary! 

We have turned the heating onto manual - and we are putting it on a lot more than we expected a week ago! The bike plan is ... I might go out this evening ... look at those trees in the wind!!! Perhaps I won't.

Last weekend we went away with the photographers to North Wales where we sweltered on the Saturday - saw porpoises off South Stack (Anglesey), then got drizzled on on Sunday and came home early (along with the rest of north-west England). 

Mr P had a blood test in case his backache was a symptom of infection in the heart valve and the results came back with his liver function levels sky high and hugely different to the previous test a month ago. So, off to hospital for a full check. They think he has a gall stone (not a hailstone as his first text said ...). He doesn't have a gall bladder, but you can still get a stone in the duct apparently. They couldn't see it on the scan, so he's going back soon for another exam. He does feel a lot better so it is hoped that it has gone naturally. He googled the symptoms and it matches (itchiness and memory loss! as well as the back pain). He is back at work. 

Poor Mr FF and poor Mrs FF putting up with it. Can he try something else? When Mr P had his knee done, he struggled with crutches (despite lots of experience) and was better off with a single walking stick. He couldn't get the rhythm right!

I took my class out on an adventure earlier this week (the day it rained, of course). It was a bit of an experiment as we usually only take Y6 for a residential and don't really do the outdoor and adventurous PE in other year groups, which we really should. We travelled about 40 minutes away and did low ropes course, archery and then canoed on the canal. They were brilliant! We had a great time. Waterproofs supplied. We were a bit damp around the edges - I saw myself when I got home and did look rather bedraggled. Much better than doing fractions! 
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Ha Pippi, I imagine most things are better than fractions!! 

Fingers crossed for Mr P's tests. He does sound rather in the wars. And Mr FF too! 

Happy anniversary Podds! Glad you worked out when it was :D 

Speaking of anniversaries, today is two months since we moved in :D Had a bloke from the national park round earlier getting excited about the weeds in me grass :D 

My hand is fortunately much better and thankfully I haven't developed lockjaw. Can't see why anyone would ever voluntarily take antibiotics though. Going through the full gamut of side effects, stomach upset, itchiness, general all round bleurghiness and a massive sense of humour failure. 

Evicted Mouse Number 10 this morning (the real one this time, not a handful of sultanas in a mousetrap that felt like a mouse) - there's still one scampering about somewhere too. Furry bastards. 

The national park geezer reckons we saw some deer footprints in the mud earlier though! It's going to be like that time we went on holiday by the see and I spent the whole fortnight going 'is that a whale??' every five minutes :D 
  • hello chaps

it all sounds like fun at your place Daffers - but you know what you need? cats! several cats and the mice are gone. and also your house needs a dog!

happy anniversary Podds - medals all round

oh poor Mr Pippi he's in the wars lately - hopefully on the mend now

Mr FF is a bit chirpier now - I took him to the hospital yesterday and he had the original plaster removed and new one applied. the wounds were nicely healing, and his cankle looked straight! he is feeling a bit more positive  I think and is improving on the crutches so all looking up. the doc came to see him and was very strict about no weight on it for 6 weeks - it could break! yikes!

I'm still having to do most stuff around the house although he has done a bit of cooking (but not tidying up after himself) to be honest I think I'm a bit miffed that he's all me me me and hasn't considered all the extra I'm doing or shown any gratitude - is that bad of me? we are going to a wedding reception this evening and of course I will be driving.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Jenni, no, I don't think that is bad of you. You are human, work long hours and would like a bit of thanks for the extra you are doing for Mr F! Just don't get yourself all screwed up and resentful over it, cos that will hurt you more than him (((hugs))).
  • TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭
    Oh goodness Jenni you've really got your hands full! Man flu x 100 by the sound of it! Lots of supportive vibes and (((( hugs )))) 

loved the photos of the hounds Podds :0)

glad Mr Chuggy is ok :0) 

and that Mr P's gallstone had taken itself off. I've got them, gone gluten free which helps. 

Goodness our waister men are going through the mill at the moment! 

I'm still laughing at DL's mouse delivering intermittently vomiting cat! 

Our cats are no use whatsoever when when it comes to mice. We have to use traps. Don't like to but last time we had little visitors they must have been having a continual orgy because we caught 32! 

We are still surrounded by boxes and stuff randomly shoved into carrier bags. Can't really unpack and sort until the new boiler goes in, possibly next week. So much to do!!!! On the relative front my sister has found - and met our mother and 3 more half siblings! That's 12 of us so far one way and another! Mr Tubs described it as a tsunami of relatives! I am keeping my distance.

((((( waisters ))))))
  • surely the only thing better than fractions are quadratic equations??

that does sound like a great trip though pippi - kids always love those adventures. Hope Mr P is ok

I have an interview next Friday at an independent school, fingers crossed
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Mc, you are well weird!! ;)  Good luck with the interview.
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Hope miniYums 2's training went well this weekend.

Happy anniversaries to those of you with life sentences

Hope Mr P's gall-less stones have sorted themselves

Daffers - the cat is in the post - not sure how effective she is at evicting them - she tends to bring then in to play with and kill. No need to thank me!

Tubs - you're certainly living in exciting times - hope it settles enough for you to enjoy it

Good luck with the interview MC

I spent the weekend with another cold - joy to the world! The only running was from my eyes and nose. Just like Mr FF, I imagine that at these times I am a delight to live with.

I have spent the morning avoiding doing anything productive for work. It's actually more boring than actually doing the work.

Happy new week - hope you enjoyed the summer - Winter seems to have arrived early this year!

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    I went for a walk at lunchtime and I saw a weasel

I don't get to say something like that very often
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Possibly because it could have been a stoat
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Waits for the joke..............
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    DL said:
    Waits for the joke..............

What - the one about weasels being weasily recognised?
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    No, the other one that stoatally different
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Bet you had to ferret around for that one Pippi :D
  • I expected a better class of pun when I come in here ...  !!