• 15West15West ✭✭✭

April 24 - London
    15West - 70-85, Sub 2:50
    Ferg - 70-85, Sub 2:55
    Tom13 -

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Tom's doing Manchester.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Any newcomers....this is a thread for those following, or interested in following Pfitzinger & Douglas "Advanced Marathoning" schedules for a spring marathon. Also to any who are following Pfitzinger & Latter "Faster Road Racing" schedules for other race distances. I guess we could welcome some Hansons types too.

• FergFerg ✭✭✭

April 10 - Manchester
    Tom13 -

April 24 - London
    Ferg - 70-85, Sub 2:55

I knew that one of you was doing it!

• FergFerg ✭✭✭
    15West wrote (see)

I guess we could welcome some Hansons types too.

With the obligatory sarcasm and contempt for their weak 16 mile runs and general slacker attitudes.

I jest of course... Ramjet, Andrews148.

• March 13 - Barcelona
    brixtonrunner - 70-85, 2.59.59

April 10 - Manchester
    Tom13 -

April 24 - London
    Ferg - 70-85, Sub 2:55

100% in for this one! Barcelona is early spring so already into week 4 of the 70-85 plan. Going well so far but legs seem to be constantly pretty tired!

Look forward to following everyone and picking up some wise words of wisdom - need to put sub 3 to bed!

10 miles GA this morning with 10x100m.

• Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

March 13 - Barcelona

April 10 - Manchester
    Tom13 - 55-70, Sub 2:50

April 24 - London

Loving this new thread already!image

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    New thread, new thread! Bounce bounce bounce.

I am doing London, 55-70 plan again. Target TBC but likely 3:10ish. (Sorry, can't post list, on phone)
  • I'm in for Manchester too, but I'm hoping to hold at about week 6 to 8 of 16 level through the winter, so I'm not scheduling the training programme in quite yet.

When the time comes, I'll be using the Garmin level II heart-rate based plan provided by fullpotential which I believe is based on Daniels or P&D (not sure). This calls for 5 sessions a week. In the other two days I run easy to keep a streak going image

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

I'm actually still following a P&L schedule for a 10mi race this weekend. Then it will be an easy week, then a bit less of an easy week, then schedule starts just in time for christmas.

8mi with some sprints and 2mi @ race pace (LT) today. Nice to have a respite from the wind and rain.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Please can I join in??????

I am doing London but not following p and d (im following run less run faster furman system due to persistent niggles and injuries) I just want to hang out with some dedicated marathon chit chat to keep me going. Pleaaassseeeeee!!!

• I think I can just squeeze into this thread although I wont have started my 12 weeks before some have almost finished.

March 13 - Barcelona

April 10 - Manchester

April 24 - London
    Madbee – 55-70, 3.10ish

May 28 – Kent Roadrunner
    Macca – 55-70 sub 3.10

• I'm doing the same session today Westy but with 2@hmp.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

I guess we can let you in DT. I suppose you'll be on here quite a bit what with all the spare time you'll have not running.

• FergFerg ✭✭✭

DT19, good to hear from you again!

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Yeah DT's plan make the dirty Hanson runs look longimage
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Same faces so far from 2 years ago!

My first run of the schedule is today. I've spent the last 6 weeks getting schedule ready with 15 mile weekly hilly long runs and 5-6 miles at mp each week. Today is 13 miles at mp plus 30 seconds. The basis of the schedule is less runs but everything is a little faster than normal. It served me very well over the summer following the half schedule with pbs at 5k, 5 miles, 10k and ironically just missing out on a half pb that is over 2 years old, by 30 seconds.

I am also in week two of a 3 month notice period in work which makes skiving to run a piece of cake!

• FergFerg ✭✭✭

DT19, you sound to be in pretty good shape with your hilly and MP runs. I haven't done anything remotely speedy or MP related since July. Strides tonight for a gentle reintroduction to speedwork on my 6 mile GA.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Yeah.....touchwood, I actually think I'm in better or at least the same shape as when I left my last schedule at the end of September. I have a 10 mile race a week Sunday which will give me some decent info.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

I bought that run faster/less book a few years ago as liked the idea of less time spent running, I think at the time the marathon training was taking over my life a bit. Never took it up though as did not look the easy option at all, 3 hard runs a week + 2 days hard cross training...didn't fancy that at all. I like normal paced runs between 6 and 12mi, and there was none of that.

But, if it keeps you free of injury, that is the main thing. Need to get there in one piece.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Looks like going to be windy as well as hilly for the Stockport 10 on Sunday. Shite.

• RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭

Hello again DT! I occasionally stalk the "Overdone it" thread so have seen some of your injury woes. Don't get carried away with all this fast stuff - staying fit is more important!

Madbee glad you had a enjoyable day. It is a fantastic event and I hope to be there next year.

Chicksta - how was the 4am run? You shouldn't have any trouble sleeping tonight after that!

Westy are you doing the Stockport 10 the weekend? I'm signed up. First big race since Manchester marathon. Quite looking forward to it despite the hills.

Very fast 3K that Scott. My intervals were at 5k pace sadly.

9 miles with 6 x 1000 done this morning. Target range was 6:00 - 6:05 pace and I managed it for all of them. Last two were very hard though and had to end with a sprint finish to get in the range. As I finished the last interval I get drenched by a sudden downpour. I think the heavens were weeping at my interval pace.

• FergFerg ✭✭✭

My plan for 70-85 is to:

1. Run 6 days a week (I need that one day off)
    2. One double recovery run day (8+5 really easy)
    3. Core work 3 times a week (which I absolutely need to start to avoid tight hips / glutes turning in to an injury).
    4. Plenty of MP on my long runs on Saturday.

Nice session this morning Ramjet.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Hello, Ramjet. Yes I've had a bad run, though been injury  and niggle free now since June.

My schedules overall average mileage is 29 per weekimage

• Hello to the New Thread image

A session like that is never going to be easy AWC, so well toughed out

8 miles for me this morning with a friend, legs pretty achey

Cracking run that Ramjet, nice work

I will be targeting sub 2:50 at London I reckon and following the P+D 55-70 mile plan but will running more doubles and upping the miles during some runs

• FergFerg ✭✭✭

March 13 - Barcelona

April 10 - Manchester

April 24 - London
    Madbee - 55-70, 3.10ish
    Scott Pulley - 55-70, Sub 2:50

May 28 - Kent Roadrunner 
    Macca - 55-70 sub 3.10

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of using my commutes for some of my runs, something like:

Mon, cycle in, 4-7mi jog home.
    Tue, GA/LT run in, cycle home.
    Wed. cycle in, MLR home.
    Thu, 4-7mi jog in, cycle home.
    Fri run lunchtime.

I could do a double Thursday and jog home, and run in Fri morning. Not sure. Not sure on any of this, just thinking out loud. One problem is I usually take my work laptop home, but I can log into some work stuff through a non work pc/laptop....just need to get one.

I live only about 4mi from work, there are trails I can run along which makes the journey about 7mi. Wouldn't be able to run these trails in the dark though, and they are prone to flooding and/or being too boggy to run on in the winter.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

The above is for P&D training January onwards.

Yes Ramjet - Stockport 10. I'll be the young, good looking, athletic one at the front.