A bit like sub-4 (but 15 minutes quicker)

Comments

• ... before I leave.... I am not really a banker... or anything else that rhymes with that word. But I do word for an insurance company so actually understand what Beders is saying (just)
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

O U C H ! !

Saw the fizz at lunchtime and he had to scrape me off the ceiling!

My pelvis was out only a smidge so he corrected that, no problem. He then gave my Psoas a good going over. This requires him to more or less get his whole bodyweight pushing it to one side, again, no problem. Ultrasound on the hip area, no problem. Then he said I'd need a little sports massage. Holy Sh!t that hurt!!

It was bad enough in the hip thigh area as he went all deep tissue on me but then he found something deep in my groin call an adductor longus. Jesus H that hurt! When I said that it smarts a bit, he went deeper and held his thumb there. He told me the muscle was very tight. It explains why I've had a lot of pain there when kicking a football. It's all tied in with the pelvis and rubbish core strength stuff.

At the moment I'm completely pain free. He's allowed me a 5 miler on Sunday. That will take me to 17 miles for the week. happy with that as I'm managing an injury right now. Apparently I'm too weak in the core to plank, so I've got to keep doing the transverus exercises.

Woking Beer Festival tonight. No stopping the carbo-loading...WOO-HOO!!

SB

• When I said that it smarts a bit, he went deeper and held his thumb there. He told me the muscle was very tight....

Definitely a qualified physio was he Badger ?

http://www.agri-pro.com/vetglove.jpg

Little Suspicious

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

It's funny, as I wrote that, I was giggling to myself (I was thinking the same) and I knew, I just knew, you'd say something like that!!

Great minds think alike LS!!

SB

• He then gave my Psorass a good going over...

His whole bodyweight pushing it to one side....

Then he said I needed a little..."sports massage"..... Holy Shit ! That hurt !!

...as he went all deep tissue on me...

I'm too weak in the core to plank..... are you sure thats what he said ??

All we need is a title and a publisher and we've cracked it !

Ivor Biggun

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

As for the Ultrasound treatment, I just need to add the bit about the lube he used on his big probe and the job's a good 'un.

I'm on the phone to Mills & Boon right now.

Cheers 

Hugh Janus.

• Wow, it sounds like the makings of a great love story.

signing off

Wayne Kerr

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Good to have you back Bongo.

2 hours until beer fest, and counting.

I'll be thinking of you LS.

Cheers

Rudolph Hucker

• "SPORTS PHYSIO" by Phil McCracken

"DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE" by Phillip McCavity

"NOT RUNNING BUT DRINKING PLENTY" by Hugh Jarse

• heheh

sorry dfd been one of those hectic days !! well chuffed that the tracker rate I booked for a client last night at 4.57pm was pulled at 5.00 !!!! sneaked in under the wire , even better that he'd tried to go with First Direct and was told it'd take 12-14 weeks ...result !

not had time to go for a run yet, just had my sports massage this morning as well SB, by a very nice young lady challed charlotte...still hurt though, but should be able to go for a long run tonight when missus is out with the girls..again ! what did you n LS mean ??? (the innocent bedersimage)

Hi UmB, how's the running going ?

better get ready for my jog out

cheers

beders

• Afternoon..

Beders I enjoyed reading your rant  and totally agree...thankfully I am on a 3 year TRACKER which I took out in March this year !! ...

LS you made me laugh..as usual..I wear gloves like that sometimes...though not quite as long..lol.. good luck tomorrow..

DFD good luck to you too..

Euph..glad you are feeling better..awful that man flu isnt it ? ..i

SB thanks for your very discriptive post..it sparked a few funny reponses..you should know you get no symapthy here...well from some..anyway... 

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

I know NN, that beedin' sweaty always has something to say.

I think I'll send him the Gay Sports Physio Bible written by Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.

Off for a swift half now at the Cockwell Inn.

Ben Dover

• Evening guys and gals,

Had my last day in my normal work place today - felt quite sad to leave! Hope the new gang are as nice... New job's only for 3 months so if it's too cut-throat, I don't have to bear it for too long.

SB - glad you were satisfied with your servicing image

LS - good luck this weekend with your half-marathon - and you DFD!

Euph - hope you feel better soon, if it's anything like the bug I had - I feel very sorry for you!

Did my first - very short- marathon pace run tonight. 1 mile warm-up, 3 miles at 8 m/m, then a mile to cool down. Felt tougher than I'd like, 3 quicker miles came out at 7.58, 7.41 and 7.49 (first and final miles were both 8.35). My plan is to do this every week, increasing it by a mile each week. There are 15 weeks till my marathon, so taking out 3 weeks for taper, I hope to reach 15 miles eventually. Best laid plans and all that!!!!!

A long(ish) run for me on Sunday, I'll go out for about 2 hours, so should cover about 13 miles comfortably. I now have a laptop at home so can post more frequently - which is fab for my motivation!

Happy running!

• Nick

Good luck with the new job however temporary

Good training from you today What marathon(s) are you doing can't remember if you got into London

Which brings me to a question i've been pondering over. I don't start proper marathon training till end Dec/Beginning Jan but was wondering would it hurt or harm me if i did some marathon paced runs now. Been building the miles now since Sept and quite comfortable with that
  • I'm toying betwen Valencia and Seville Pammie. I'm in for London but will have spent the previous 4 weeks in New Zealand so won't be going for a PB.

Any advice from me about people's training comes with a BIG disclaimer - I'm a budding amateur! But I don't see any problem with getting some marathon paced running in early, as long as you're not opening yourself up to injury by pushing it too early. I'm determined to keep the MP runs up this year, I absolutely hate them and get quite het up and tense about them - so my tactic this year is to do so many that they become common place. No idea if this will work or not.

Glad your training is going well.

• sounds a good idea to me NickM,  just remember it's a SSSLLLOOOWWW run if you can join us on the 22nd. Pammie would have thought you'd be ok on the injury front as long as you keep the build up in mileage to no more than a mile a week. I'm making myself stick to at least 4 weeks slow aerobic HR running after the Abingdon, this is the end of week 3 and to be honest my pace still seems quite slow , on a flat route only just under 10 min miling for a HR of 130-133 but trust that's just the residual mileage in my legs and will drop as I fully recover as long as I can resist the temptation to run FAST for a change ...well a bit faster anyway image

sounds like you got some good advice there NN (or you're just a clever girl of course), all the decent trackers have just disappeared overnight, I've been in this industry over 16 years and I've never seen anything like it ...keeps things interesting though ! as you can tell I'm a lot happier now I've had my rant, and a nice run of course. How's your running going ?back up to mega mileage yet ? I should hit 45ish this week and will be looking to get over 50+ by the end of november and then start to throw some faster paced runs in...I WILL get that 3.45 one day !

missus out again tonight so yet again I have control of the Sky and the computer...fantastic, may well pop back later

cheers

beders

• Hi Beders -busy time for you with all wots going on. Running going OK - a few carp marathons with one semi decent one last FLM where I got slightly slower than your Abingdon time. Meant to be doing Paris as they rejected me for FLM 09 (who could they?) but having second thoughts as want to take break and work on my shorter stuff.

Got home today and eldest son decided to do somersault onto couch and ended up breaking collar bone - so hospital trip etc was how I spent my evening- missed my track sessionimage

XC on Sunday -first of the season.

Anyway nice to see you all - I'll leave you now.

Signing off

Mike Hunt

• rMorning..

Nick..I like your plan for the marathon paced runs..8 min miling..that brings you in at 3.30 doesnt it ?..I have started my marathon paced runs..trying to keep around 8.15....as I am just hoping for around 3.35-3.37 I started at 7 miles ..2 weeks ago..then did an 8 on thursday...although at the moment that feels very close to tempo pace...like you I will add a mile but every couple of weeks.. ...Nick..good luck with the new job too..

Pammie..I see no harm in starting a few marathon paced runs now....just once a week..or every 10 days....wouldnt do anymore than 6-7 miles though..what does everyone else think ? ..Pammie..if you still post on the DDT ..AF may give you good advice...on that one....I should start posting there again..really..but find this thread takes up my forum time now...( love it )

Beders..I nearly took out a fixed rate back in March.. after being on a variable for a few years..and seeing my payments go up and up ... ..luckily my mortgage advisor hunted down this one ..phew....already had one reduction in payments..with the .5 % drop a few weeks ago.....more money for THE ALGARVE Your mileage is looking good beders...My mileage will start to build rapidly now..hopefully..my schedule starts this week..with 56 miles.. ..got a feeling it will be a little more difficult to stick to religiously this year......but should manage 50+ most weeks....

Umbongo..ouch..that made me wince..your poor son...kids though eh ?..why do they do it..(dont tell me your eldest is 26 !) ...as for Paris..go for it..you will love it....good luck with the XC..

looking forward to LS and DFD reports later.

Tavy 7 for me tomorrow.....rain and gales forecast ....nice !!

• Morning

Umbongo - I do hope your son will be alright

Thank you all for the  advice i will ask AF. Yes i still post there.

I shall be doing my long run today about 2 hours 12 or 13 miles ish

My manager and friend is having a party tonight for her 40th and last time i went to a party a few weeks back i did my long run the next day. Boy did i struggle

• If 8m/m is your target mara pace, then surely you should be more than capable of doing 8-10 milers at 7.30 pace? I remember when i started running, i just thought  8m/m was my pace, and i would gradually go further. I guess if i followed you ladies and your approach, as i can do my 9.57 or 10.08 mile routes at 7.45 fairly regularly, should i start adding wee loops on to the end and try to maintain that pace as the mile creep up ? Pre FLM, I just did these runs as fast as I could (only on a Wednesday and a Friday), then did my long 'un at 8.40ish pace. I've managed to get the 9.57 mile route down as low as 7.10 pace, and if i can get anywhere close to that again, then I know i should be able to go lower than 3.43 for a mara. I don't think i'll ever go all "Tomorrow's World" like Beders with his HR trackers etc ! so will just cobble something together. I might even raise it up from 3 runs a week to 4 !!!

Had my brekkie and walked the dug. The 3 kids are all at their judo 'championships'. The wife is nursing a hangover after her late night at a neighbours Body Shop party. A bunch of giggling housewives drinking rose wine and no doubt comparing their hubby's inadequacies ! My missus obviously had nothing to offer that conversation !

Gear all out for Glen Clova. Don't expect too much. A 1.42ish will do me fine. 23 mph wind, so we'll see which way that hits us. If I'm still running at 1.45pm its all gone wrong !

LS

• good luck the glen cova two image

i am muchly looking forward to lancaster half tomorrow but the weather isnt looking so great

my mara training starts on monday and gonna try for the P&D 24wk 55mpw schedule. A guy I run with in NI is also doing FLM so we are going to try and follow this together..he is a littl faster than me but we shall see. MP runs are a good idea, however all your MP runs are my tempo pace! Have been using the RW smart coach up until now...quite like it as it is nice and simple but i think 24weeks of it would be a bit dull. Been trying to get myw eight down a bit, that is going just like my running...slowly! but am hoping if i shift a few pounds i will run a little faster. if it doesnt work i am going to just eat as much choc and cake as i like and deal withbeing slow! target 10M race in Dec and half mara in Jan.

Pammie - you're mara is 2weeks after FLM right? or are you doing stratford, i cant remember? Either its not too soon to start mara training, i would keep most of my runs easy and thrown in a MP  once a week. With all the miles you have been doing I would have thought you're base is fantastic

NN - are you doing P&D 70mpw option? Good luck at the Tavy 7

LS - I think it is all about what works for you and what time you have available. If you run less sessions per week then

Brass Monkey gang - have booked my flights for this

Rombalds gang have also booked my flights for this!

sorry i cant make the canal run guys, maybe sort summat out for the NY?

is freemers racing this weekend? good luck!

• Clairster

You are right. Initially i was going to do Stratford, but decided in the end to do Halstead 2 weeks after FLM, as a number of my club usually do that and am impressed with thee organisation if the later from what i've read on this years thread (nothing against stratford which i imagine is good as well) plus it is nearer

Thanks for the advice there

• Thanks NN and Pammie re. son - no he is only 10 - been watching too much break dancing on TV and thought he could impress his sister!! Its a good break (if there can be such a thing) and he seems fine.
  • Clairster..yes I am following the "up to 70 miles a week" P&D schedule..same as last time....also starting on monday..with a recovery run.....good luck with the 55 miles a week.....still a challenging schedule..which I hope you will enjoy.....nice that you have someone to train with..and those 2 races you have planned will be a good indicator of how the training is going...

Umbongo..boys will be boys...glad he seems to be coping ok with it...bet it doesnt stop him gaming around though ...image

• NN - the P&D schedule is tough (so I have read) -good luck. Problem for me is I have just started to get into club runs and they are way too short for that kind of plan and you need an element of flexibility to fit a 15 miler into a normal working week. It should make you as tough as nails though in a female endurance sort of way.
  • Good luck to the Glen Clova Two, and to Clairster at Lancaster.

I had a steady 50 minutes this morning in Ainsdale woods. Very pleasant.
  • I'd love to try P&D, but think I'm a bit too wimpish!

LS - yes you're probably right, but I don't seem to work like normal people. Ask me to run 15 miles at my MP 4 weeks before my last marathon and I would have worried, fretted and then tried to struggle through it and probably given up. But then I go and run a 3.35 marathon, which you would NOT have predicted, looking at my training times. I guess some people perform better in training than they do in races and others vice versa.

Just a quick run for me this afternoon.

Happy running.