Oh those Thursday legs

We can throw here our up-to-date weekly runs. :)

In my way to Seville marathon, I have finished a terrible week. I ran some 10 miles yesterday with a quite fast group (10k=46min) and finished absolutely smashed. I intended to jog back home another 6 miles but had to walk the whole way back.

From Thu to Thu I am building up slowly and I guess I´d be able to do a 4-hour very flat marathon. This was it so far:

Thu. 2h30 easy run
Fr. nul
Sa. 20´+ 45´stretching
Su. a very hilly Half, 1h39
Mo. nul
Tu. 20´+ 45 stretching
We. 10 miles fast (or so) + 15´ cooldown jog
Thu. can´t move

Comments

• Heres my thursday to thursday activity, I have only recently restarted a training log to help try and motivate me to keep the weekly mileage up close to 80.....building up to the MDS...rest days for the last three days of this week because of the 53mile Thames Meander on Sat.

Not a bad week but im constantly battling fatigue....

Thur - 6.4 mile very hilly road route - fast 41:20
    Fri - 9 mile mildly hilly road route, with 9kg rucksack - steady 1:10
    Sat - 6.4 mile hilly road route - fast 42:40
    Sun - 25mile Moorland off road/marshy and hilly with 7Kg rucksack - steady 4:30
    Mon - 10 mile flat road with Rucksack 4Kg - fast 1:07
    Tue - 19 mile (flat for ten, hilly for 9) 2:27 4Kg rucksack
    Wed - rest before race on Sat
    Thur - rest before race on Sat
  • Hi folks - sounds like a lot of work. I can't do much milage in one go due to family commitments, but do find I can go out three to four mornings per week for up to 1.5hrs, then do bits in the evenings.The impact isn't quite so horrendous when I hit higher milage, or I can atleast hold some sort of conversation wit my other half at the end of the day! I've also found I have to have a 'fallow' week every third or fourth.
    At the moment I'm planning:
    Thur - 1hr swim at lunchtime.
    Frid
    - am -50min to 1hr road run
    - pm - 1.5hrs gym and 45min swim
    Sat - 1hr gym
    (some sat long run 2-3hrs fells
    Sun - 2hrs gym, 1hr swim
    Mon
    - am -1.5hrs road run
    - pm - 1-2hrs martial arts training
    Tues
    - am - 45-1hr road run
    - pm - 45min squash
    Wed
    - am -1.5hrs road run
    - pm - 1-2hrs martial arts training
    The only bit I've not done this week is the Thurs swim and Frid am run - I did 2 hrs in the gym instead and family have to come soemwhere, so the Saturday was an extra rest day! Having said that, I don't have a clear goal/ event at the moment. And I'm being flexible with myself, I can afford to be. Makes it fun.
  • Oh, I'm not the fastest person out there, but my stamina isn't too bad. The runs are variable, all hilly, sometimes fells, sometimes road. The Gym sessions are mixed cardio and strength training with bias towards stamina. I now run slower more often, thanks to POLAR...and I'm not getting quites so many injuries. I love walking,it's just a shame my kids don't in quite the same way, because for stamina, there's nothing to beat very long (multi-day)walks with a large rucsac.
  • today i did my lsd run... round rutland water in 2:45.. tomorrow is a mile swim then a 5 hour cycle at 145 hr.... fortunately i bought a house in the middle of niwhere and i can use my mp3 whenever i go out!
  • man, that is a good tri-plan. After a nasty weather (sun, sun, sun, hell it is getting dry here) I could only do 1hour Sat + the usual 20 min and stretching session. Loads of work will get me aside of running for some days, but I still have time for another 20 miler before Seville Mar. Hope to report it here next Thu-to-Thu.
  • Timetable problems (not mine, but my running mate´s) threw us to do a 10 miler at 00.30am :(.. The funny thing was to check people´s faces when two maniacs wearing tights started stretching in front of some Department Stores.

The best, to jog across big avenues with almost no cars around. The worst, going to bed at 02.00 and waking up at 7.

But Seville plan goes on.
  • Sometimes working around timetable problems can be the most rewarding thing. Was out for an hour yesterday am about first light, saw two seals (road is beside the sea at that point, obviously)who promptly disappeared, then came up ten feet away, shoulder right out of the water trying to see who/ what this was!
  • Couldn´t post last Thu. But I have picked up a bit in my way to Seville. I introduced a relaxing session with my massage . Good he put all backbones in order because I was starting with some calf and shinsplint problems.

Thus...

We. rest
    Thu. 1h mid tempo
    Fri. massage, backbone workup
    Sat. 32km, 3h muddy and soaked
    Su. could´nt move
    Mon. 1h uphill-downhill, gentle slope but 3500ft high
    Tu. 20 min + usual stretching session
    Fri. drive to Sevilla (5hour)
    Sat. Jog to runners´ expo
    Su. Sevilla Marathon.

... and counting. I´ll be out as the marathon is next sunday. You will hopefully have a report on Monday. We have planned a 4hour group, having some fun all the way.
  • Good look in the marathon luis!

Ive been off training for a week now with severe left knee problems. Went and saw an Osteopath yesterday and apparantly My tibia was out of position, all clicked back in place and hopefully I will be good to go again tonight!
  • Good luck luis, hope it's enjoyable.
  • I guess I´ll be able to round another Thu to Thu one.

Sevilla was flat, a 2800 field and sunny Sunday but fresh (min6C/max17C) conditions in the capital city of tapas, sevillanas and good life. Absent crowds compared to big EU races´ standards but clapping and cheering when folks realised "what was that bunch o´lads running ´ere".

I paced a couple for their 4hour tempo. Paced a marvellous and easy 2:00 at 13.1 and then picked up a bit. Both them finished 3:57 and really happy. I stopped to pick my supertwin trolley with the kids, and jogged and walked to finish within 4:12. That is, training had already ended some miles before. :) Then Sunday afternoon in terraces, sunbathing a bit and filling carbo (anyone knows if chocolate and whipped cream cake...?), plus 550km of driving home. Today I slept like a baby. Will keep posting for Madrid marathon shall be held next 25 April (and this is a BIG event).
  • Couldn't run most of the week, weather foul...milage very low, depression setting in.