Generously proportioned(not fat) club 16th Oct

Comments

• SR - yuk! It wouldn't satisfy your chocolate craving because the sugar and the vanilla and the melt-in-your-mouth experience are all part of the chocolate addiction. That's also why Lindt 85%, or the 99% cocoa solids chocolate that I found in a fancy food shop, don't do it for me - they don't melt properly at body temperature and need to be chewed, which isn't the same thing at all.

• Sorry, V-Rap, it was one of those gunky tasteless hang-em-on-the-tree novelty things. Luckily, it was hollow, and about 1mm thick, so it went down very quickly.

And I bet there was still about 1000 calories in it...
  • Hi,
    All this talk of choccie, I'm glad I have none in the house.. not even a biccie.. too easily tempted. I thankfully rarely eat choccie now, at one time I would eat 5 bars per day and not miss a meal.. it's the mints ... 10 cals per sweet and I eat loads of them.. (only since stopping smoking)
    Had a nice afternoon plod. 3 miles recovery, I have decided to follow the 4 day programme in this months RW.. and maybe one gym session, try to get myself some kind of schedule. Food today has been sparce. Flakes for brekkie, a banana for lunch .. and a pkt of crisps. Tonight is Indian buffet night... yippee ... but shall stick to boiled rice etc .. well maybe not :-)
  • Hi all,
    Bit late today aren't I! Re. Crisps - nah, never really been a lover of them.. however, if I was completely starving, I could suffer cheese & onion flavour.. but would much prefer chocolate. Guess what - I haven't eaten chocolate all week (yeah I know it's only Wednesday!) - but for me it's a miracle. Have been very, very good this week - but am going to a friend's for dinner on Friday night, so... don't know how I'll do there! Been very bad with the running - didn't go running club last night and haven't been out today.. but I'm gonna just go for a slow run for half-hour, so how I feel!
    Michelle x
  • Thanks Scarlet Runner and Vrap quess I do need a rest day. I had done 45 mins on Sun and 36 on Mon followed by 35 mins on my trainer last night at a harder tension than normal so I will have a rest day tomorrow or go for an early morning swim before work. Had a lovely piece of melon that someone brought instead of chocolate. I can resist if its not around but its a nightmare filling car with petrol. Do you notice that the chocolate is always up at the pay desk? Going to drive home on petrol fumes tonight instead of going for petrol just to be on the safe side and not be tempted.
  • Dont eat much chocci apart from the odd Snickers,(Marathon is a better name)

Just been to the supermarket and thinking of the other thread I saw malt loaf, not had it in years, so I got a special double pack, just had a few slices with coffee...nice....

How do you stop yourself eating the lot.....
  • Didn't know you could get 99% cocoa solids chocolate - it does sound revolting! I've tried the Lindt stuff though & liked that.

Re petrol fumes - did you notice the last part of the Chicago marathon was running near heavy traffic? I hope all the drivers were using lead-free!
  • Er gaz you don't stop yourself ... (well I don't!). You can buy it pre-sliced now - it's the best thing since sliced bread.
  • I wonder if they will ever sell it pre-sliced with wedges of butter (1cm thick) in the slices - like they do with garlic bread?
  • Stop it SR,
    having to strap myself into my chair so I cant get to the kitchen.......Arghhhhhhhh
  • I now confess to having done a teensy bit of running on 3 days now. On sunday after manc marathon had a bit of a walk joggle in the park, last night decided to walk run and evolved into a cross between racewalk style and shuffling and then today dragged myself out to the golfcourse and had a bit of a furtive scuttle in the 45min walk.
    Still walk faster than I lope/shuffle/scuttle and the shins are complaining again!
    And I'm still kn******d!
  • Mmm... garlic bread.. now that's something I love.. M&S do it already sliced with cheese on.. yum!
  • Gaz, malt loaf comes packaged in single portions and does not need to be cut or buttered - it is at its best torn in chunks straight out of the packet and eaten immediately.
  • OK it's malt loaf for dinner tonight - fried, with chips & peas.
  • You forgot something, SR - BATTERED, then fried with chips and peas.

Oh, I belong to Glaaaas-gow!
  • V-rap
    You're dead right, a malt loaf is a single portion for one - what's all this slicing it & sharing nonsense
  • Fried!!!!!!!
    Battered!!!!!!!!
    Thats a Scottish thing isn't it, frying and battering stuff like pies and mars bars.....
  • battering full stop is a scottish thing!

(waits for Pictish backlash)
  • speed trousers sound right up my street - are they like the wrong trousers gromit- do the do the speed bit themselves?
  • Hi All
    I'm late as have worked all day then went for a run. Did 5.5km in 29mins that's under 9 min miles :-)

Learnt a valuble lesson. Do not eat a tesco bean burger ANY time before a run. Mine was with me the whole way :-)

Veggie stew with vegie dumplings for tea tonight with a wee glass of wine.

Re chocolate, 90% with a deep red wine, heaven.
  • Hello again
    Bad Bad Bad Bad day!
    Got a meal deal at lunch... this meant getting a chocolate bar as buying a sandwich on its own was more exspensive (yeah I know ...its cheaper to get fat and this is in a hospital). Put it in my bag to give to the mrs but ate it at 2pm! 1st one in 6 months.
    Then I spent 5 hours in car show rooms negotiating! (after my little accident on monday. Just got home as did the mrs - knackered. Put the kids to bed and we have ordered pizza and have cracked open a bottle of wine. England are playing crap on the telly and the wife, in her condition, will only drink a glass.
    Plus no exersize....could it get any worse???

Ooh doorbell....PIZZA
  • Enjoy BBB, as I always say.tomorrows another day
    Pixie, was it a nice pasty??
    Well done on the run, thats FAB
  • England where BAD
    Pizza was GOOD
    Bottom of the bottle draws closer !
  • Wales were FAB
    Open another bottle, you might as well
  • Hah they were only playing the Italians...thats nothing in comparison with the mighty Macedonians!!!
  • perhaps the second bottle might not be a good idea
  • Was going to post earlier but cut off.

Wanted to tell Bune that battering is not just a Scottish thing and having watched Maccy-donia batter England I am right!

Did go for 30min "Fartlek" run earlier and felt better than I have for a couple of days. Aches and pains from weekend are subsiding.

Should have that rest day tomorrow.

Eating well this week despite all this talk of chocolate and crisps.

Cheers all!
  • Grrrr
    Reached the bottom of the bottle with no help from my wife...