Kayano 22 fitting?

I purchased some Kayano 22's last week and whilst they are a whole size bigger than my dress shoes (to give me a thumbs width of extra length) and they feel nicely cushioned, my big toe is touching the mesh of the upper (a thumbs width down from the tip of the shoe). Is the new Kayano fit designed to be like this now (a second skin?) or will this cause me problems when running longer distances?? Any advice much appreciated!!

Comments

• I don't know about the sizing, but all my asics ever have worn through on the top of the right hand shoe early in the life of the shoe  It's never been a problem.

• Thank you for responding. I have had several pairs of Asics over the years (GT2150/60/70 and two pairs of Kayanos).  However in none of them has my toe ever touched the top mesh material (I think the Kayano 22's must be quite shallow in the toe box) and therefore I wasn't sure if this will just 'give' over time or if it will cause my big toe to bruise or ache (or I'll just get used to the feel of it). Any other advice from Asics wearers much appreciated!! 

• Yes, the 22s are quite snug! my big toe touches the mesh. I'm not tying them as tightly as my 21s.

• MrsFMrsF ✭✭✭

I'm on my first Kayanos (but have run in different Asics models before). These ones are the first model that feel tighter in the toebox area....I didn't notice it when I tried them on in the shop, but on a run I certainly did. 

• My toes hit at about the same point makes no difference, I get 400-500m out of a pair (nimbus) but very similar toe hitting the top is fine image

• Sorry to drag this thread out of the depths but I'm going to do it anyway.

I have been running in Kayano for over a decade.

I started to notice the toe touching thing on my 20s. They wore through into a hole on my big toes in about 100 miles. Not good. They didn't cause me any issues after this but it looked bad.

My first pair of 21s were even tighter and they lasted less than 13.1 miles and they also wore into a hole.
    Well it may have been a defect so a replacement pair was obtained.
    They lasted about the same distance.

I tried on a pair of 23s and they were extremely uncomfortable and squashed in the toe box. There was LOTS of pressure on my big toes.

I'm done with Kayano now.
    The soles and support may be great but if the shoes come through in a hole in under 20 miles they are not fit for purpose. And certainly not at the price Asics want for them.