Options

Any Agatha Christie fans?

Any other fans out there, I love listening to the audiobooks when stuck in the car for a few hours. 

More a Poirot than a Marple fan.

(a non running thread) image

Comments

• Options
    I did like the tv adaptation over Xmas.
  • Options
    Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

+1 for the Christmas adaptation. Easily the best thing that I watched during the festive season!

• Options

We recorded it and watched all three in one go and really enjoyed it! But the best thing on the box not only over Christmas but for some time was Shaun the Sheep - I was close to wetting myself!

Always been more a Conan Doyle fan than Christie.

• Options

love listening to the audio books.my mother has them all....and lots of other detective ones....so i just use her collection as a free lending library

I also prefer poriot to miss marples

• Options

I really enjoy the audiobooks when in the car.  I started off years ago very much as a Sherlock Holmes fan and AC was just ok... But, the more I listen or read the more I love them, still love ACD but they are closer to each other today image

Regarding and then there were none... (not going to discuss the changing of the title) image Yeah, I also watched it in one sitting and loved it.

• Options

BBC Made it because The Christie Estate fell out with ITV (rumours say because they put marple in loads of non marple stories for their tv series).  But that's also why they did Tommy and Tuppence.  Will be interesting to see if they dare do a different Poirot, or if they stick with doing the other stories.

• Options

I'm a big fan of all detective/police procedural/thriller books. Always traditional paper books though!

I read through all of Lee Child's Jack Reacher books and had the weird experience of ending up in the same place in the States (with travel for work) as the book I had just read was set... it was very disconcerting!

Didn't watch much TV over Christmas so missed the Poirot stuff - will see if it's on iPlayer though, after the glowing recommendations on here.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Love Agatha - I have recorded ATTWN but still haven't got round to watching it.  Saving it for a rainy day.

I also love all detective fiction - probably Dorothy L Sayers being my favourite (I've read a couple of them 3 times - knowing whodunnit doesn't detract from the writing and the character development). 

Latest love is Denzil Meryck - books are set close to where I was brought up, which always makes things more interesting.

• Options
    Jeez Nessie - how much rain are you waiting for exactly ? image
  • Options

i am really enjoying repeats of cold case on tv..and watching for the first time without a trace

• Options

as well as watching DCI Banks

• Options

Talking old stuff....

I've recently listened to 39 steps on a long car journey, so now i've got 4 different DVD Versions to watch image

Hitchcock

silly fluffier 50's copy of hitcock

70's good movie version

00's Rupert Penry Jones? however it's spelt version.

Seren: yeah i enjoyed coldcase and without a trace.  Watched them a while ago on the Universal Channel (soooo many channels to choose from).

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    cougie wrote (see)

Think Ark.................image

• Options
    Nessie wrote (see)
    cougie wrote (see)

Think Ark.................image

So round about now, then???

Love 39 Steps too booktrunk - good choice!

• Options

I read lots of AC as a callow youth, but slightly fell out of love with them as I could never work out 'whodunnit' while reading them.  ATTWN a good example of a completely inscrutable plot.

More recently (book wise) Jack Reacher (literary popcorn), Rebus, Dalziel and Pascoe and the occasional Morse (much darker than the TV series).