The thread...

Comments

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    References to "trooping the colour" every time now I visit the bathroom is entirely uncalled for.
  • asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Blimey. Don't know what I missed here I Just forked out on another laptop after dropping my last. Ricf  put me on ignore phase sometime back so it happens. Always meant to ask why though I suspect it has something to do with eating that pork pie image

On a happier note I have put my claim forward to Camelot for the £ 33 mill and after a new pair of trainers and washing machine I will divide the rest up between yourselves.

I now have 147 inbox messages to catch up on and fingers crossed its good news from lotto.

• asitis wrote (see)

On a happier note I have put my claim forward to Camelot for the £ 33 mill and after a new pair of trainers and washing machine I will divide the rest up between yourselves.

Just don't wash the new trainers in the new washing machine, please...

• If you get the 33 mill, won't you just buy new trainers when they get mucky ? Or new trainers every Thursday? 

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

JT, what on earth are you on about out of interest?

Seemingly posting random nonsense amongst all this other high level stuff image

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Without Ric's fave poster the forum activity is definitely lower though.

But at least there's not 3 or 4 threads a week descending into "You fatty" or "you don't even turn up at the socials" type fare

• Stevie G wrote (see)

Without Ric's fave poster the forum activity is definitely lower though.

But at least there's not 3 or 4 threads a week descending into "You fatty" or "you don't even turn up at the socials" type fare

Smelly bum!

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Ok, if it makes you happier, Screamapillar let me say here and now that the claims I made were completely groundless and that all of the things I mentioned were baseless. Make no bones about it. Screamapillar doesn't do things like that at all. 

anymore.

🙂

• Ric, this is getting tiresome now, I actually suspect there is something going on in your life that has nothing to do with me but that I provide a convenient target. But, anyway, whatever that is, it's none of my business.

My conscience is perfectly clear. I have never done any of the things you accuse me of and the fact that you think I did pretty much proves the extent to which you seem to have lost it at the moment.

If I am so keen to get people who disagree with me banned, whatare you still doing here, eh? Apply some logic. Also I have told you I am not a moderator so why should you think I have any special influence over who can post and who can't?

Forumites who got banned in the period you seem to be hung up over were as follows as I recall:

KK - please don't tell me you don't think it wasn't because she ended up posting with the express intention of abusing people and that RW didn't want that shit going on every couple of days.? It was more trouble than they wanted to deal with and they were quite within their rights to give her the elbow. I do know a couple of people that reported her after she kept coming back in multiple guises but they are never going to own up and it isn't up to me to tell you who they are.

KK had two choices - behave or walk away and several of us advised her to do both over the weeks but in the end she couldn't do either. Personally I think it was a shame but there you go. Most people don't know I had an apology from her in a PM which I accepted. We were never going to be best friends but there wasn't the amount of animosity between us that everyone thinks there was.

Samir - got into a spat with Maxpower NW over some comments about his mum and a rape joke. I had lost interest in his thread by that time and wasn't even posting but I guess someone there at the time thought he had gone beyond the pale. As far as I know he is still here somewhere.

Nick Windsor - got into a spat with some Forumite who kept changing his name (Gideon Levy was one of them) and eventually lost it completely one morning. I liked Nick and got on well with him because we used to have a laugh. I had no reason to want him banned and was actually surprised they did ban him.

Gideon got banned at the same time as KK because he and her took the same petty argument from thread to thread day after day for weeks. That was another case where the mods obviously got fed up with having to police that kind of stupidity. If you want my hunch - he's still here and posting regularly.

Now if you can name any others I'd be pleased to put you in the picture with what actually happened because if there's one thing I do have it is a very good memory.

But anyway, I still hope you are going to drop this nonsense at some stage because you really are wrong, I'm sorry but you are.

• You do like to keep track of everyone don't you 

• No, but it comes in handy when under accusation.

It was a volatile period, there were all sorts of wars going on between people. That is why I find it faintly ridiculous that anyone thinks it was all my doing.  I mean they were here and posting, surely they saw what was going on?

• He said this, and she did the other

and they did something else, 

How do you keep track of all this ? And does it really matter ? And does anyone ( apart from you ) really care 

• I don't care about any of it Dave, I just don't want the blame for it.

• Have a week off by not posting for 7 days, go and do some training or work 

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Actually screams,

I didn't get banned with KK. I did report lots of her rantings about you and others though.

Re Windsor, Nick blew a gasket when I found his soft spot and poked it every time he went for me. He was funny up until then.
  • Thanks for being open about that  VDOT, I didn't actually know.

That does mean there were at least 3 people reporting her though - hopefully in light of that, Ric, you might concede that you are barking up the wrong tree.

Dave, I do my best to ignore you mate but you are calling the kettle black, every time I post there you are, making some comment or another. it would make a change to have a conversation without you trying to insert yourself into it.

I don't know why you even concern yourself with what I post. If I am your entertainment for the evening or something just sit and watch.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I've doused it liberally with Toilet Duck and seem to have broken its spirit.
  • Never mind the rest... JT141 has me in tears of laughter.

I accept your apology JT - should we perhaps give it 10 minutes or so? And most importantly - did you put the extractor fan on?

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    screams, a woman who doesn't know everything? Really?image
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I'm enjoying this.

Obviously I'm a wrong un!

So to commemorate the occasion my thumbnail is now a picture of my sister holding me up to the camera, taken in 1975. image

The former thumbnail was my grandfather in 1957.

🙂

• Not a wrong 'un - just mistaken.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Not a wrong as such it is just that 'The Mod Finder General' got all juiced up.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Ok, here's what should have been written after that accusatively post of mine.

Screamapillar: I think you may have confused me with someone else.

Me: I think that's quite possible. Sorry about that.

The other stuff is just entertainment.

🙂

• RicF wrote (see)

Ok, here's what should have been written after that accusatively post of mine.

Screamapillar: I think you may have confused me with someone else.

Me: I think that's quite possible. Sorry about that.

The other stuff is just entertainment.

Cool.

• VDOT52 wrote (see)
    Group hug!

so where are we going to meet up for this group hug....and can you make sure you do not have a smelly old race tshirt on when we do  image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Mine will be furry (hairshirt) and smelly. Obviously.image.

🙂

• I think the person we need to avoid is the one that doesn't wash his kit, just bungs it on the radiator - what's his name?

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I'm open to suggestions for the group hug. It'd be nice to put a face to the regular crew.

Stevecrunner is the uninvited. I'm guessing the C stands for crusty.