Balancing half marathon training with 32km cycle commute

I have a 32km round cycle commute and have a very hilly half marathon in early April. Does anyone have suggestions of how much the cycling will compensate for run sessions? Before when I have trained for a half I have run 5 times a week but with a shorter daily cycle and finding time and energy for 5 days after the commute is proving a bit difficult. Any advice from other cycle commuters would be appreciated.

Comments

• Any chance of getting public transport one or two days a week so you can do a midweek long-ish run into work (or home)? I often cycle to work and back (20 miles round trip) and when marathon training I sometimes get a lift or the bus home on Tuesdays so I can run into work on Wednesdays. It only works if you've got space to store a change of clothes and somewhere to have a shower, but running home might be logistically easier if not?

Otherwise, I always used to find it easier to get up early and find the energy to run before cycling into work, rather than trying to muster the enthusiasm to do it afterwards. Or sometimes I run at work and then cycle home.

• Bi,e to work, run home ...

bus in the next day, bike home ...and repeat image

• M...eldy wrote (see)

Bi,e to work, run home ...

bus in the next day, bike home ...and repeat image

I was going to say that, but it's kind of a long run for half marathon training in the middle of the week - almost 10 miles.

• I have the same length bike commute. I bike inTuesday run home and run back the next day. It's a great routine and part of my marathon training. I will probably continue it afterwards.

I extend the run back to 12-14 miles and do it off road.