Options for Kit

Comments

• flyaway wrote (see)

The fact that if you're willing to pay more for a higher quality item counts towards the same order total as someone buying the same item on more of a budget would be a significant plus point.

Sorry, I have probably confused you on that point.

To bring the price down quantities of the same item have to be ordered and includes male/female options. So, for example, if 17 men and 3 women order bronze cycling jerseys then the price would be at the 20 item level.

However, if a further 15 people order silver cycling jerseys then that is not a 35 cycling jersey total, they are counted as separate items.

In principle then, it works best to keep choice to a minimum and for a kit manager to work out a range of items, some high end and some low end, but not go mad with options otherwise quantities on individual items get adversely affected.

• Flat Footed wrote (see)
    BYF - are you offering to contact them?

I'm happy enough to talk with Raceskin, but don't want to tread on any toes.
    What sort of numbers were we looking at for the kit order so far?

Not sure where Raceskin sit in the quality level. I know a few guys at Beds Road Cycling who use their kit, and they are the suppliers for Outlaw too.

• Ah, ok, my mistake. Sorry. So it's just things like upgrading the zip that an individual can do on any given base item?

• flyaway wrote (see)

Ah, ok, my mistake. Sorry. So it's just things like upgrading the zip that an individual can do on any given base item?

Yes, there are options for each person on base items such as better zips, different length zips, longer/shorter arms/legs/body, personalisation (name on kit) etc. These additional prices are not affected by quantity of orders.

• The lead time with LG isnt longer.

I only started a thread to ask about opinion on 6/3/2014,... The order went ion in the April and I had received all kit and got it delivred to all pirates by the end of May..

The boom time for pirates has gone....so there will not be any massive orders going around.

I personally think we should continue with L:G for the spring order with whatever orders we get and have this dicussion to decide what we want to do going forward.

otherwise we will not have enough orders going forward.

So my suggestion is to reopen the kit thread....advertise it across the pirate media and go ahead to ensure we have kit by the beginning of the season......I am happy to do this if Schmunkee feels its not a going concern

LG do not charge much more for a minimum order of 6 than they do for 12

• So we doing this or what....
  • doing what

FF can you answer my question please about the kit you saw...You say it ws great quality..I just wanted to confirm it that was the top level kit you saw or if you saw the other levels as well as bronze......thanks  image

• Can I suggest that we start a list for those interested in kit from Cuore else we will still be talking at each other come christmas

The LG order very rarely gets to the buyer within 6 weeks, Seren you may well have made that happen once but it is not what I see each time 

• if only we were a real club with a committee etc image

• Now theres a thought .. image

• Meldy... I think to ghet interest you need to set up a thread with a list of items and a rough price.....as without those its hard for people to make a decision

• I didn't escape my notice that one of the major detractors about the current LG Kit Process started this thread whilst the LG Kit Thread was up and running.  Would it not have been more appropriate to have delayed this discussion until the order has run it's distance, whatever that might have been?

I am happy to re-open the LG kit thread but it must be on the understanding that the order is seen through to completion. 

• I think there is always room and times  for discussions

• I agree Seren but this is coming across as a done deal.

• The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)

Above are the hyperlinks to what we have usually ordered from LG.  Would the proposers of this shift to Cuore please find out what the nearest equivalent item of kit would cost from Cuore based on 12 units per item?  Thanks image

• I think it was your choice to close the order

Last I heard we didnt have to get permission to post an alternative option

Most people seem to be happy to go with either, as long as they get kit in time for their races

Most people would rather a swifter process and once that can be instigated by any person at any time rather that controlled by one person when they see fit.

If. Every time someone posts an option or an opinion they are a 'major detractor' then you may well be better organising a kit thread in the Eastern Bloc.

By all means open up the LG order and run with the orders you have but what you do is your choice, and what anyone else wants to do is their choice

• Bobs Your Father wrote (see)
    Flat Footed wrote (see)
    BYF - are you offering to contact them?

I'm happy enough to talk with Raceskin, but don't want to tread on any toes.

BYF- I am sure it wouldn't be viewed as stepping on anyone's toes to look at alternatives.  I have posted hyperlinks to the current LG Kit and wonder if it might be worth approaching your suggested suppliers to see if they too can quote a price for the nearest equivalent in terms of style and quality.

Will be good to consider other options

• Can the LG kit thread be reopened by either the 'Kit fairy' or Seren as she has kindly offered?

I see no incompatibility between continuing with the long running present (LG) kit thread and having a discussion about future orders on this thread?

It does take time to research ideas and view garments etc and it is unlikely that anything could - or should- be decided very quickly.  image

•  
    The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)

Would it not have been more appropriate to have delayed this discussion until the order has run it's distance, whatever that might have been? 

I tend to agree with you on that, but then there'd be people complaining that they'd just bought new LG kit when if they had held on they could have had something better/cheaper/quicker (possibly).  It's a no-win I'm afraid.

I agree with slim too - it would be best to keep the current order thread open for people wanting kit for racing this summer.  If there's enough people wanting kit to make up a minimum order then isn't it worth doing? 

• The LG Monacos (last couple of batches at least) really are a dreadful fit on female pirates. Or maybe that's just me image

• Everything is a dreadful fit on me - and that definitely is just me! image

• Monacos/tri tops  are a dreadful fit on pretty much all but the racing snakes IMO, it's lycra's way of telling us we should be doing something more sedentary!

• seren nos wrote (see)

doing what

FF can you answer my question please about the kit you saw...You say it ws great quality..I just wanted to confirm it that was the top level kit you saw or if you saw the other levels as well as bronze......thanks  image

Seren, I have seen five items that they produce, the Bronze level cycle top is far better quality then the current LG one. I've used the top ( its the pro team IAM cycling colours).

I don't use tri suits as prefer two piece but the one that Cuore do is totally different to the current LG pirate one, its more like a top and shorts that is attached from the back to half way round the waist, it has a full zip so the top opens and like a jacket making it i guess easier to use on long course races, it has sleeves as well, yes it has price to match but i previously looked at the one made by Fusion and it is in line with that.

I don't know what colour standard the other kit was but I liked it. The tri shorts were 100% better then the cheap LG ones, I still can't beleive anyone can wear them for IM races as the pad is awful.

Regarding fit, the samples i saw had a tab on the sleeves of the jerseys/shorts, this allowed you to select longer or shorter sleeves length in 2cm blocks, which helps if you are a short arse/racing snake.

Does that help Seren.

• Regarding looking at other companies, i have spoken to the following and they couldn't/wouldn't help me out, with what would be a more regualr order then the pirates would offer

Fusion
    Compressport
    Endura

• thanks FF...that helps...

• The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)
    The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)

Above are the hyperlinks to what we have usually ordered from LG.  Would the proposers of this shift to Cuore please find out what the nearest equivalent item of kit would cost from Cuore based on 12 units per item?  Thanks image

I've had a look and based on ordering 10 of each item, i make it the following

Mens tri top - Silver range £54

Tri shorts  - silver range £61

Womans tri top - silver range £54

Tri suit - Silver - £90

Cycle top - Finisher range £32

Bronze - £45

Silver -  £58

Cycling jacket - Bronze  - £57

Gilet wind proof  - £39

Gilet splash proof - £ 50

Armwarmers - normal - £20

Armwarmers - thermal - £22

• I have no idea if the womans tri top from Cuore is the same as a womans tank top so if one of the birds on here can have a look and let us know on here.

• slimshady wrote (see)

Can the LG kit thread be reopened by either the 'Kit fairy' or Seren as she has kindly offered?

Done image

• Me again, Just playing around with the site.

Whilst looking at the Bronze cycle jersey.

On the options section...you can make the sleeves longer or shorter by up to 4 cm and you can make the body length longer or shorter by up 5cm.

You can choose between a full or 3/4 zip

Add a zip pocket on back and add reflective pipping.

• With the exception of the Tri shorts, these prices seem comparable considering that FF has provided prices from the silver range for the Tri kit.