More calories in than out making us slightly cuddlier (not fat) club 17th Oct

2»

Comments

• OK Glenn I won't use your idea - I have my own new one - completely unheard of before - "Grittersize". I'm keeping the details of the exercise regime secret so no-one tries to copy it... ;)
  • what are you fitties eating now to keep warm yet get and or stay svelte now its got a little chilli(sic)

anybody share any healthy yet warming tips before I get seduced by hot puddings?
  • PS The book will contain a complete chapter on how to deal with pulled shoulder muscles.
  • I had chilli yesterday with mashed pots.
  • Those snack-a-jack things are good... I like the BBQ flavour rice-cake ones.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Bune, what about:
    Chickpea and chicken soup
    Lentil and bacon/ham and pea soup
    Porridge
    Rissoto (any flavour you like, patent Glenn recipes supplied on request)
    Any stew (with bread rather than dumplings if you're watching your weight)
    Any curry (with boiled rice)
  • mmm
    sounds good

I'm vege and a bit of a soup dragon - but things have to be quick as I'm very impatient/lazy when it comes to cooking- the big thing at the moment is that I just can't get warm - chilli sounds good or a hot curry

just been hiding in the shadows on the dark side - very strange
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I noticed Wild Will tinkering with the dark side as well. Hope he escaped safely.

For vegies the smoked tofu stuff works quite well in lentil/pea soups - a dash of Worcestershire sauce helps.
  • Lance Armstrong "It's not about the Bike" -- the only thing I would say (not really a criticism as such) about the book, was Lance said that cancer made him a better person... which is easy to say when you're writing a book AFTERWARDS - I doubt very much he would have felt that whilst throwing his guts up with chemo... believe me I know :o) Seriously though, it was a really inspirational book and helpful just to see whether what you are feeling is anything like what other patients feel and it allows you to gauge that without having to get mixed up in the horror stories you can sometimes come across with other patients. I thought it was very well written and sensitive to not only Lance's need to write his story but the need of fellow cancer patients to hear it. Having said that also, not everyone is an endurance athlete and so I think some people could feel defeated before they start - which was why I also read John Diamond's book "C- because cowards get cancer too"... because he came across as just a bloke with cancer who happened to be a good writer. I don't know, everyone's perception and experience is different but well for me both these books helped me an awful lot.

So I've eaten really unhealthily at the moment. I'm not sleeping well. I've taken no exercise and do I care..? Not a jot! I'll concentrate on all that when I'm better :o) At least I'm here!!!

Does anyone know how Gordon got on..?
  • Hi all
    Dont mention the working time directive to me
    Will try to run tonight, it aint raining
  • Hi All

Positive thoughts to Gordon, Cath, Michelle and Sassie for her sore shoulder.

Very busy day again. So grab food where I could. Cereal for Breakfast, a crunchy marathon as a snack, tesco bean wrap for lunch and something vvv slimming for tea. Down to 11st0.5lb so half a pound to go. Speed training tomorrow so hopefully off it comes.

• GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Very quiet here this afternoon. Have a good evening everyone.
  • Hi all,

Thanks for all the good luck wishes. I was interviewed by someone I didn't know who asked me lots of stupid questions. He know's that I worked for the company for three bloody years before I left just over a year ago. I was then interviewed by his boss who knows me very well. He said "This is the position I'd like you to fill. How does that sounds?" I said, "Sounds exciting!" He said, "Ok, let me speak to HR and sort the salary and I'll speak to you on Monday."

So, I reckon it was fairly positive. Just need to wait to see if I can afford the salary drop and then I'll be handing in my notice!!!! :-)
  • Excellent gordon
    Just back from my slow run
    god it was hard
    About 4 mile run/walk in 45 minutes
  • Well done Gordon I hope all goes well. Cliche alert!!!

Money isn't everything :-)

Running is cheap.

Benz, the fact you went is the main thing.
  • Thanks Josie
    Despite my flab Im now too cold to get changed!!
  • in to a hot bath with you my girl :-)
  • cool ....

i think i may have discovered the cause of my tiredness as I have developed a sudden craving for
    lemsip
    hot ribena
    blackcurrant and liquorish

no I'm not pregnant (- 'belly's gone and got me' actually)

beggar I ve just started to run a little bit and I get another cold -grrrr
  • Evil ... your team leader is probably being a bitch because she feels threatened by you... keep doing your job well... that'll be the best way to annoy her!!!
  • Hi all

EP sorry you had a crap day,I'm sure the wine will help...did the trick for me yesterday!

Yipee...bought a new car. The 4 day nightmare is over!

Having a very good day today (food wise), feeling very chastened about my indulgences yesterday. Even managing to resist the beers Ive just stuffed in the fridge in anticipation of parents landing tomorrow. Just need to find the time to exersize now!
  • Hi all.

Tough work day today.

Picked a little bit upon coming home and
    haven't had a proper meal today!

As soon as I got home from work had to traipse around a senior school for Charlie. We enjoyed it but feeling weary now.

Had a deserved rest day. First one for five days!

What were you on last night BBB! Good luck with the new car. I think my water pump is going. There is a distinctive whistling sound when the engine is cold.

Cheers all!
  • Thanx for bringing up last night Maccy.
    It was the end of three mad days. After my carwreck on Monday, I gave myself 48 hrs to find a new car (had to do this due to circumstances)...this meant spending most of the two days in the company of car salesmen, need I say more it led me to drink...Heavily!
    May I just apologise to anyone who wasted even 5 seconds reading the last 2 pages of yesterdays thread!
  • Dont apologise, youll make us feel worse!!
    i do it most days
    Dont be so hard on youself
  • Why thanx ickle hippo
    Now i must shut up ive posted 2 much on this thread over last 2 days.
    Bye