Britannic Asset Management Women's 10k

Comments

• debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Sarah - surely you should be in the 50-59 minute group - you were just behind me at the smokies (and should have been in front - didn't you stop for a pee??). I will be at the back of that group anyway as my pace has dropped considerably.
    Stampi - I am envious - 8 weeks running and you are that fast!
  • Stampi - I am envious too !! Just mastered the 5k....how'd you do the 10K in 8 weeks so well ?

I'm in the pink group - and I am staying there !! If only the race was in August as I thought it was when I signed up for it !?! LOL
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Freefall - do you know if there is anywhere to leave stuff - it isn't very clear from the information. I'll be on my own and will have at least a small bag with my jacket and phone in it.
  • Erm, I cheated, I got my boyf to run with me holding chocolate cake and he's much faster than I am! And it's one thing being able to run around Kelvingrove park with your mates on a Sunday morning but I expect it'll be VERY different on Sunday. For one thing I think they'll measure the course slightly more accurately than I do (probably find I've only been running half a mile).
  • Deb - Wasn't sure what time I would manage, always err on the side of caution! I could be at the front of my group and you could be at the back of yours, then we could spur each other on! Also I will have my other half with me so if you wanted he would happily take care of any luggage for you. You can let me know.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Sarah - that would be great if your other half would do that - I'll only have a small rucksack thing with a jacket and other essentials like my lypsyl and some oatcakes. What kind of time are you going for anyway? My fastest 10k time is just under 55 minutes the week after the smokies , but I have been injured since then and lost a lot of pace - I did Balmoral in 1.02.30 (walked up the hill!).
  • I am in pink group as well, will be my first 10k, will be so nervous. Good luck to everyone who's running it.
    Tina
    xx
  • forgot to say my number is 11625.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Wicked witch 8822
    Debbo 2075
    Sarah S 6642
    Freefall 1399
    Geordie Girl 12586
    Debstir 3864
    Tina Hire 11625
  • Hi Girls - had a hectic week with work, kids, etc so not been on for a bit. I am getting really excited reading all these postings - although I am not going to be very fast this year. My best is 54.59 but I will be lucky to get under the hour I think. I plan to run my wee heart out though as I love this run! I am still carrying an extra stone from my pregnancy last year - although I have lost 8lb now so am getting there!.

Wicked witch 8822
    Debbo 2075
    Sarah S 6642
    Freefall 1399
    Geordie Girl 12586
    Debstir 3864
    Tina Hire 11625
    Mum on the Run 2864
  • Debbo - Sarah beat me to it - my husband and kids will happily take care of your bag. I honestly cannot remember if ther is somewhere to leave bags.

Stampi - I would sneak into the group that is right for your speed. I supect that there will be a lot of people who will choose to ignore their colour coding. Unless of course the marshalls do their job. It will be interesting to see if they get strict or not.

I am going to try and get to near the front of the purple group.

The first hill is vital - it is defintiely an opportunity to wade through the bodies. It seems to take quite a lot of people by suprise, and people do tend to ease backt eh pace, so if you can nip in between....

As good an event as it is the start is never good and there will be a lot of ducking and diving, weaving and wending.

It is not a race to go for a PB in unfortunately.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Freefall - at least I have two people to leave my bag with, so will have more chance of finding one of you!
    Mum on the run - you'll probably be about the same pace as me - my best time is 54.55 but like you I'll be lucky to get under the hour I think.
    Deb
  • i tried a 6.2 mile run in helensburgh last weekend, it was the first time that i had tried running over 4miles. I did it in 1hr 9mins which is really slow compared to the times youre all talking about.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Tina - if that's the first time you've run over 4 miles it is a good time! Also, you will find that you will be quicker in the race than in training. Remember that if it is your first 10k the main thing is to enjoy yourself, not go off too fast, and that you will definitely get a PB and then will have something to aim for next time!
    There will be lots of people slower than you, so don't worry. If you meet up with us you won't be so nervous and will probably run better!
  • Wicked witch 8822
    Debbo 2075
    Sarah S 6642
    Freefall 1399
    Geordie Girl 12586
    Debstir 3864
    Tina Hire 11625
    Mum on the Run 2864
    Sue W 1403.

I'm in the purple group too. How big is that hill at the start?
  • Tina - I agree good run!
    Sue - it is a short sharp job literally just a couple of hundred metres but fairly steep with aan equally steep downhill. So if you are good at keeping the power on the up and lengthening that stride on the way down it will give you an advantage. It is at that point that everyone starts to settle down and the starting glut spreads out.
  • I will be looking out for all you guys - sad not to be running myself but now have heavy cold to add to ankle prob so it's a definite no even for the walk.

Any advice on the best places to stand and spectate?

Can i email you guys who have family watching so i can maybe come and say hello?

(Don't think i will be allowed in the start area and you don't want my germs!)

Me and litte Master of Kent are are all set to the see sites of Glasgow after the race!
  • and of course

GOOD LUCK !!
  • Morning all - Deb thats no problem, he will happily keep an eye on things for you too. We won't have any kids with us so he will need something to do! I am aiming for about 55mins, I would be happy with that.
  • Morning. Getting a wee bit nervous about all this now, that hill sounds really scarey and I had a horrible dream last night that I turned up late when everyone was lined up at the start and I'd forgotten my number, my chip and my shorts. Is this normal??????????
  • Tina - I am in the pink group too - and this is my first 10K. Are you going to try to meet up at the info desk with us all ? I'll be the very nervous one standing there wondering what I have let myself in for ?

LOK - I'll drop you an eMail with my mobile number, let me know if you want to meet up at the hotel in the morning and walk over together

Good Luck to everyone taking part.....have fun !
  • LOK - can't get am eMail link to you - feel free to eMail me if u like....
  • LOK - the start area is very open and you could certainly come and hang out at teh info desk and you can even stand at teh side of the raodway where the muster/assembly area is. The last k is thorugh bellahouston park and it is possible to line up and spectate along the full length of the k. The actual finish can be a bit of a rammy with a lot of people trying to get to the barriers. I think that the trick is to elbow your way through. My family usually manages to be at the finish barriers but I think they take up position almost as soon as the race starts! or my husband uses the girls as battering rams.

People are usually quite good humoured though and if you say that teh person you are supporting is comng up to the finish they try and make room for you.

Stampi - the hill is not too bad - really. The one I hate is the gradual one in the park that stretches over the best part of a k.
  • Geordie Girl - have just emailed you , ta

Freefall - will probably hang out at the 9k marker or thereabouts subject to keeping little bloke amused
    he loves numbers though so should be happy scanning the crowd for the list of forumites numbers

dear all - if a four year old (on someone's shoulders) shouts out your number very excitedly - then that will be us!

• Thanks Freefall, I'm sure I'll get up the hills eventually just maybe not quickly! There's an amount of sponsor money riding on my getting round this course so I'll do it one way or another (I'm not above clinging to the ankles of the elite athletes).
  • will try and find you all at the info desk, wat time you meeting there? i will be with my hubby, my three boys and my daughter. Will be wearing the sickly pink tshirt, purple leggings with stripes down the sides. look forward to seeing you all. Good luck everyone.
    Tina
    xxx
  • Hi all

Did 3 miles last night and started to feel quite nervous about Sunday! Looking forward to it as well though.

We are also staying at the Swallow - Dad on the run, and 3 year old - leaving baby at home with Granny!

Hope to see you all at the information desk!

• Great. I will not be wearing the t-shirt. I will be in navy blue capri tights and a plae blue top of some description. I have blonde curly hair which I am told is difficult to miss. Mt freefall and baby bunnies (girls) in tow. Mt freefall has a fairly distinctive beard at present and the older of the babies if very tall.

We will be there from about 8.30.