Options

Britannic Asset Management Women's 10k

Comments

• Options
    I Miller - what a great idea.
    It is my mum's brithdy on June 13th, and mine on the 4th and my oldest daughters on the 23rd - so June is good month.

It would be great to meet up with you.
  • Options
    Just had a look at the glasgow run site and it says most of the times are wrong in the evening times. Apparently as freefall bunny suggested - they published the clock times rather than the chip times so the race times will be worse the farther back in the pack you started.
  • Options
    freefall bunny -- will let you know my number when recd & will def meet up. what kind of time are you aiming for and how is last stafes of training going. just hope 13th is a bit cooler than yesterday i looked like a tomatoe by the time i finished much to the amusement of hubby and kids. did any one else have trouble with speed bumps i seen a few fall at them ?
  • Options
    gymbunny, I can't find the results on their website for 2004, only for 2003 & 2002. I'm sticking with my watch's time; I know I started it at the start and stopped it at the finish! I'll wait and see what time's on my certificate too (that always goes by the ChampionChip time!).
  • Options
    Hi girls - not too sure about my time either. Paper says 86.26 which by my reckoning is about 6.30 out.....but hey - I finished ! Will check out the web site later and see what that says.

Certainly wont be running the Edi Marathon - but if you head for the Sports Massage area at the end you will find me, working hard to put everyone back together !!

Sore knees today - stuggled to stay upright on the speed bumps...not easy to see when ur trying to dodge the masses
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    l millar - don't worry - I can keep you company in the tomato impersonating group!
    Geordie Girl - I'll definitely look out for you in the sports massage section - if you are still there by the time I finish!
  • Options
    could someone please look up my time in the paper, cant seem to download off the internet, hubby ordered a paper so will probably get it 2moz. would be really grateful if someone would look up my time please. Tina Hire number 11625
    Thanks in advance. By my watch i made it about 67mins.
  • Options
    geordie girl my knees really aching today as well, should have seen me going up and down stairs at home when i first got up this morn, looked about 90.
    Tina
    xx
  • Options
    Tina - 67.32 on the internet....well done !!!

I'm recorded as 80.04 - 4 secs of my target...chuffed, given the heat....going with the internet and ditching the paper !!
  • Options
    Thanks geordie girl. Congrats on your time too. Hope to meet up at a race soon.
    Tina
    xxx
  • Options
    geordie girl, what website addy are you looking the results up on? The Glasgow.run one I looked at earlier didn't have this year's results on it.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I've just checked the website - my time is what I thought - it's now 57.26 (I think I had 57.28).
    Sarah - check yours too!
  • Options
    Debstir - I think they have just gone up on the glasgow run site. They've only go the aplha list up, so you need to page through
  • Options
    grrrr!! Can't get it! Could someone be kind enough to have a keek for me? Debbie Naylor number 3864, 55:18 (hopefully!). Thanks!!
  • Options
    Hey girls just checked my own time and I was faster than my watch and the paper with 50.06!!!(watch 50.08, paper 50.11)But also dropped a few places - ???
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Freefall - that's strange dropping places - you still did well though!!
  • Options
    Thanks Geordie Girl! Oh well, one second slower, can't complain at that!! Once again, well done everyone! Off now to watch Easties!!
  • Options
    Girls

I have 2 Evening Times to spare if anyone wants one - I picked 2 up for my pals and they had the same idea too! Happy to post them out to anyone who doesn't live in the Evening Times area - just e-mail me you addresses.

Still annoyed about the 250m bit but I am coming around to thinking it is just good that I took part, etc, etc. My problem is that I am going on my times before I had my last baby and want to get back there too soon!

Moving on now to the GSR half! EEK!

June
  • Options
    Mum on th run - I am doing GSR half too. They are changing the route this year. Start George Square, finish Glasgow green, going over the Kingston bridge!!!!?????
    That is all the info they have at present.The full route should be posted soon. Not sure how I fee about the change - i mean the Kingston bridge for heavens sake. I presume they will have lay on baggage transfer from Gerorge Square to Glasgow green too. The great thing about starting at Glasgoew Green was the space and the heat in the glass house at the peoples palace.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Mum on the run - don't get disheartened about your time - how did you do anyway? My time was 2.5 minutes slower than my last 10k 2 months ago, and that was only after a month off through injury. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I'd been off running having a baby! When I'd had my two kids I couldn't run to the end of the road, so don't worry - you will improve again!
  • Options
    Morning girls, I can't find the results on the website, Freefall/Deb if you are out there can one of you check my time for me please. And Freefall, my birthday is on the 5th June so we could all make it a real celebration!
  • Options
    Sarah your time was 56.30, well done, sorry I didn't meet up with any of you, but I had very pregnant daughter waiting for me so didn't hang around, my time was 65.05, bit slower than last years time of 63.40 but I enjoyed it and did it, and thats what counts.
  • Options
    Thanks Wicked Witch, shame to not see you, maybe next time and I hope all goes well with the baby.
  • Options
    To anyone who ran .... have a look at the website. www.run.glagsow.gov.uk The results are up and say that the times in the Evening paper are wrong!!! Apparently they are the times from when the clock started, not folks running times so you're probably ran a bit faster than you think (unless you've got a stopwatch and timed it yourself - i didn't and am pleased with my "new" time).
    Congratulations to you all :)
  • Options
    Sarah - great idea.
    Mum on the run - I forgot to say - your time was great. It takes longer than you think to fully recover from having a baby. They say it actually takes a full 18 months for your body to get over it!

Also, because of the scale of the event it can't really be relied upon to give a true reflection of your ability. Add to that the mercurial nature of our weather and any injuries that you may have had it does make things uncertain.

I always go into the ladies 10k with little or no expectation in terms of results. I never aim for a PB in it. When people ask how I expect to do I usually say somewhere between 2 times - which a owrk out based on the previous years time and my current performance. So this I year went saying that I would be happy with somewhere between 51 and 52. And whilst i know that i can do sub 50 and would dearly love to do that at the ladies 10k one day, I did not set my heart on it and so avoided any disappointment.

In general with my running I have found that if I set my heart on a time I rarely get it. It is as if i am putting too much pressure on myself, but it has taken a number of disappointments for me to become philosophical about it all. All I know is that the last thing you need in a race is added pressure. You perform better if you are relaxed and comfortable and not really bothering about the times. This may be easier for me to say as I am not particularly competitive, although I do like to set myself challenges, but you can overdo it.

The main thing is to enjoy the training and events, be relaxed, listen to your body and avoid injury - and to remember there will always be another race another day.
  • Options
    Very wise words freefall and as I managed to forget what with all the excitment on Sunday, a cheque is winging it's way to you for sponsorship! Typical me, I eventualy manage to meet up with you but then forget one of the reasons why I did!
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Sarah - well done on your time - I knew you had beaten me!! See you in Edinburgh!
  • Options
    Thanks Deb, looking forward to it. Well done to you too. x
  • Options
    HAS EVERYONE SEEN THE PAPER ?

just got back on plane from mini-hol in glasgow and read the paper on the plane - page 3(?) big story ........FR Services (who run the chip thing for glasgow.gov.uk) have admitted they **cocked up the times** - they sent the total race times to the paper ie that don't account for the difference in starting times of runners - instead of the chip times ie true times for from going over the line

EVENING TIMES is being republished tomorrow with correct times and website has correct times now appararently

Apparentlyl the last runner crossed the start line 34mins after the race start - so her time will be 34mins better than the official one published at first !!!

bet she'll be pleased.....