Friday Session - 18 October

OK people, let's have your training efforts for Friday...

As for me:

What: Nothing (except maybe a swim).
Why: Fartlek yesterday, plus upper body too (3 sets of 30 press-ups, 30 sit-ups, 20 tricep dips and 5 chin-ups)

Last hard: Yesterday!
Last rest: Today.

Comments

• Insomniacs are us!

What: 1 hour with trainer in gym - prob speedwork on treadmill followed by weights.
    -then I'm taking the youngest Gnasherettes swimming.

Why: New York looms ever nearer.

Last hard day: Wednesday
    Last rest: yesterday
  • Nightshift really bites!

What:Steady 1/2 Hour run
    Why:Only going to get 5 hours kip today.

Last hard:Yesterday
    Last Rest:Tuesday
  • Been out of circulation the last few days as work 'til you drop mentality takes over. Another long day in the offing so have had to move running onto maintenance mileage.

Today: 30 minutes steady at some time very late this evening.
    Why: All I can manage
    Last hard day: Tuesday
    Last rest day: Yesterday
  • What - 100 lengths of pool
    Why - don't want to overuse calf
    Last hard - 12 days
    Next hard - 29 days
  • wow - I thought I'd be first today!!!Weather is very cold here in Aberdeen with only little showers - so far!!
    What : nothing - rest day (pah ! I hate rest days)
    Whay : Runners world schedule says so
    Last hard day - yesterday :3 easy miles then 3 miles in 19 mins (well and 55 seconds)
    Last rest day : Saturday.

Thank goodness it's Friday
  • Morning all. Cold and bright in Huddersfield.
    What : Rest (swim)
    Why : Racing tomorrow.
    Last Hard : yesterday.
    Last rest : Monday.
  • Morning all - very cold and very wet here in County Durham.

What: Easy 4-5 (I must dig out the thermals)
    Why: Hard sessions yesterday and tomorrow

Last hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Monday

• No training as inlaws are staying over, but thought you'd appreciate this.

I intended to start work early and finish early, as off to see a show in the west-end tonight. (Got to bed at 1am) Set alarm for 6am, Woke up with a nudge from the missus it was still dark - jumped in shower - got out of shower looked at clock - 3.45am. Debated whether to do a 12hr day - went back to bed. Other half wakes me at 8am. (Intended to be at work an hour ago/now late for normal day - Clock was set 12hrs ahead - "someone" had been using hairdryer and unplugged the alarm) - Insane mad dash for the door. Forgot my wallet - now hungry and skint.

At least i'd had my shower.

• Morning all – I have to concur with Lanny’s weather assessment it was all of 1 degree when I left for work this morning me Newcastle is a bit warmer - 6 when I got here

Had a few new runners turned up at the club last night – all of them had a good running background and I ended up running with a lady that turned out to be a very fit police officer – she ran the legs off me – 7.5-mile at race pace – ouch

What : Swim
    Why : Active recovery and working on swimming endurance

Last Hard Day : Yesterday
    Last Rest Day : Wednesday

Will
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Pi**ing down again in Hampshire.
    Gets me out of watering the new lawn though , so there is an upside.....

What : rest day
    Why : Friday!
    Last Hard : yesterday (5m fartlek)
    Last Rest : before today, Monday.

According to the weather forecast its about 25-28 in Cyprus and only 9 days to go!!!!
  • what: Steady 8 miler
    why: Haven't run for more than 1 hr for ages and another 1/2M approaching
    last hard day: weds (10x400m @>5k pace on treadmill)
    last rest: yesterday

• 10 mile run last night with club, one of the blokes is following a HR schedule of working at low HR, long runs, which suits both of us, so 2 hours on legs last night, felt ok this morning thought I might have needed a crane to get out of the pit, so think I'll have a rest today.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Frost on the windscreen this morning! Brrrrrr.

No idea what I'll do tonight, I feel I need a severe butt kick this week despite a good start (ran Mon/Tues, but not Wed/Thurs despite planning to) but there's footie on telly on Saturday, so I'll escape for a long'un then.
  • Gorgeous day in Brum. Bit chilly, but bright and sunny and calm. Perfect for running. I really want to go out for a run. Tethered to seminar room teaching/doing last-minute preparation for ad hoc sessions with students all day. Bah! I hasten to add that I do like my students very much.

What: Swim after work, then the weekly shopping expedition.
    Why: Did a lot yesterday (7 mile run, weights, 1km swim) and plan to do some gentle climbing from Malvern with Kevin the Teenager tomorrow.
    Last hard day: Yesterday.
    Last rest day: Monday.

• Bright and cold in Nottingham again.

What: 30 min run or cycle in gym (not decided what yet)
    Why: all I can manage after 200 mile round trip last night because we thought my husband's grandmother was going to die. She didn't, but is right at the end of the progress of motor neurone disease.
    Last rest day: Weds
    Last hard day: sunday
  • Bright and cold here too.

Club run was fun last night in our borrowed Nike's

what 4 m steady
    why day after hard
    last hard - Thursday
    last rest - Wed
  • Dreary in London.

What : Nothing - went for my first club run last night, and doing a trail and race Sat and Sunday,
    Why : calf is a a bit sore and time off for good behaviour
    last hard - Wednesday
    last rest - Sunday

Have a good weekend all
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Bright and cold in Cambridge - but frozen rain on the car windscreen this morning.

What: 4 - 5 miles easy/steady
    Why: recovery from yesterday's tempo run
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday

Running Waterbeach 1/2 on Sunday, but plan to treat it as usual long run, albeit steady rather than slow.
  • What: nowt
    Why: day off Friday
    Last hard run: yesterday
    Last rest day: monday
  • sunny & 7C here - will be colder by the time I get out alas

what: steady long run - not sure how long as yet
    why: still trying to increase mileage

last hard day: Sun
    last rest day: Thu
  • Wasn't it lovely and sunny this morning? Had to dig out the thermal leggs and top and find a hat it was so cold. Not quite a frost, but a nearly white heavy dew.

What - 3.5 miles fairly fast off road
    Why - 1/2M race on Sunday
    last hard day - last Saturday cross country races
    last rest day - all this week.

• Bright and sunny in Bristol after a dull start.

What: Rest Day
    Why: Westom Prom Race last night

Last Hard: Yesterday 5 mile race
    Last Rest: Wednesday

Gym + Long Run (11 miles) at weekend
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon one and all!

What: nothing!
    Why: 10 mile race tomorrow. Not feelig very confident at the moment as I have to admit to having a tight right calf and a little niggle above the knee of the same leg. I will see how it feels tomorrow and hope that it's nothing to be concerned about.
    I hope the weather stays like it's been today-cold, no wind and a little bit of sunshine.
  • Good luck to all those racers this weekend.

Just bought myself one of those Petzl headlight thingumabob's which I will taking for a test drive later this evening.
  • Hmmmm...not an entirely successful attempt at a long run...

Attempted to do an approx 9 mile course which used to provide one of my "core" sessions when training for my only marathon 21 years ago. Some 25 mins into the run realised my guts were going to force me to find a loo somewhere before too long. Fortunately just made it to my parents' house (about 35 mins round the course).
    Resumed after another 10 mins with gear now v damp with sweat, so took the shortest route home - was into the wind - yech! Also (as it always seems to at this time of year) the drop in temperature ensured I was full of snotty gunge. Glad to get home (53 mins actually running). Not a pleasant outing alas.
  • Gorgeous but cold. Seems to have gone from shorts & Tshirt to fleeces and coats in a week. Hope you don't have any more family traumas this weekend Road Runner.
    Mike - the best laid plans...

What: 6 miles @ 1/2m pace (8 min miling, hurray)
    Why: couldn't get out 'til after 6 and it was getting dark so ran fast to avoid spooking myself through the woods. Clocked 48mins for this loop, pleased with that, if I hadn't worn my day watch would never have known!
    Crisis on the HRM front - can't find my HRM watch and feel totally lost without it. Last seen days ago being peeled off with various sweaty clothes in the bathroom. Serious house tidy required this weekend obviously.

Last hard: tonight
    Last rest: yesterday