Chris Brasher Memorial Run 10K

Comments

• Hi Josie, don't worry about replying to the email I sent you. I will assume you will be near Roehampton Gate somewhere if I find I can make it. I have Meerkat's mobile number so can always find out from her where you all are.
    LLx
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    I have just seriously looked at my race pack with intent.

There will not be a lot of time for a picnic for those coming by public transport. The returning buses to Richmond Station start back from 12.00 and finish at 13.30pm. That only really leaves time for a quick chinwag.

Just thought I would mention it!
  • HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Well spotted Ceal. I do hope Meerkat remembers her mobile tomorrow.
  • Yes, I'll try and remember my moby...normally forget it. And yes, Ceal, I've seen those shuttle times too. Doesn't leave me much time, as I think I'll be over an hour for the 10k.
  • morning

wibble

just looked at the 10k training schedules in RW

shame I didn't do that 6 weeks ago heh?

it's cold and bright here at the mo

I suppose I'm going to have to overcome my hatred of queues and leave a top layer in the baggage tent or I'll freeze onthe way there and back?
  • Good Luck, Guys and Gals.....

Have a great race......!

Remember, no pressure.......JUST ENJOY!

• Just wanted to say good luck everyone, my fingers are shaking as I type this!! I'm really nervous I don't know why, my stomach is turning over and over - bizarre!

Hope to see you guys there, will be wearing my pink hello kitty wristband, a pale pink and white vest and black shorts

Good luck :oD
  • Couldn't find any RW forumites, not sure where the meeting point was.

Hope you all had a good race.
    After leading for a short way, I ended up 5th in 32:51 and 1st vet I think.

• Well done Rundown, finished 13th in 35:44. The Belgrave chap won in 29:xx I think.
  • Well done URR,
    Knew I shouldn't have been leading, the way he pulled away from me.
    Chatted with him after the race, seems he's just coming back from injury.
    A different class I think!!!
  • He ran last Thursday in Dulwich 5k (15:44) and had to battle against a bunch of Highgate Harriers, top runner.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Well run URR.

I really enjoyed the race, feel that I run a hilly course better than flat due to pacing myself better.

I met up with Val and Meerkat and Helen which was great. congrats to Meerkat for her pb. I was not displeased with my 50 mins especially as I wasn't sure I was going to run. Calf was OK but pulled me up a bit on the way to car.

A very well organised event.

Where were you Josie Jump?
  • Hi Guys

I was very late turning up as Mr J and I got lost on Wimbledon Common !!!!!

We finally made camp near the baggage tent and managed to meet up with some people.

Mr J did 1:06, which wasn't bad considering how little training he has done. The I threw down the gauntlet to day to race against each other at Brighton in November.

The consenus to day was that Richmond would be an ideal place for an unofficial forum race so keep an eye out for a thread on the first running of the Forum Frolic Richmond 7 and a Bit.
  • Huge well done to Rundown and URR. Great to meet up with ceal, Mr ceal, Helephant, annajo, Tinks, Miss P, MikeFrog, Mrs MikeFrog and all the Jumps. PB by 30 secs for me, and home in time to watch Paula! It was a great race - pity it's a one-off. Thanks to Mrs MikeFrog and Josie for supporting.
  • btw I have pics and will post report later.
  • HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Safely back home with a mug of tea, and about to settle down for a snooze in front of the gogglebox.

Great to meet so many people, sorry about the ones we missed.

I think my time was about 1:13, but that included a 5 minute stop at a first aid tent for sympathy and technical repairs to an inhaler, so I'm delighted.

A big thank you to all the organisers and the friendly marshalls. I enjoyed this event.

Weren't we lucky with the weather?
  • We got stuck at the crossing and so got a bit wet :-)

I have put up the thread for the frolic in August so please post there so I don't feel silly :-)
  • A great event, worthy of Chris Brasher and his organisational skills. PB's for both me and my wife so doubly chuffed. I know they said it was a one off but I hope they run it again, such a good venue with the cafe nearby.

Anybody know who the official photographers were? I think they might have got a good shot of me and I'm so vain I'd like to see it on the web.

Regards

Jeff T
  • Great race, very well organised, and a real treat to be started by Roger Bannister! I'd missed that bit in race pack.

Very pleased with my pb of 54.29; that's 6 minutes quicker than my last effort at this distance (although that was two years ago). I spotted Andrew Marr (BBC political correspondent) at the finish, and it occurs to me that I've seen him before, running in RP on Sunday mornings.

Sorry to have missed you Josie, I was looking out for the yellow cycle thingy, but couldn't see you. I might try to make it during August for the frolic, that sounds like fun!
  • According to the information pack photography is done by www.sportcam.net
  • Well, this was my first forum encounter, and it was good to meet ultra meerkat,ceal, Helen and Tinks. Hope to meet you all again. I wish the journey home had been as easy as the journey down. The traffic was horrendous.
    Still ashamed of myself walking up the hill just before 4 miles, but achieved my sub-55m target - counting from the start line, not the start time!

Back to the real athletics.
  • By the way ceal, you mentioned the 'mature' forum. Where do I find it? (I still haven't worked out how to navigate through these forums!
  • HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Forums, General, Mature Runners
    I'll boing it for you
  • Boing! What does that mean? What a novice!
  • Sorry I didn't make it today - too much work to do. Mr T is anxious that I post his PB of 69 mins and report that he's very chuffed with his little self!
  • Well done Mr T. Hope Mrs T's pampering you a little now.
  • HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Val,
    'Boing' means I'll post on the thread so that it goes to the top of the list and you won't have to scroll down the list of threads to find it. Just go to the General area and have a look.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Val, if you find the mature thread too fast for you, as in postings that flash before your eyes. Great peeps on there though. You will be more than welcome on the Over 60's training thread. We are a good lot too, you do not have to be over 60! That thread is found under training. See you somewhere.

We had horrendous traffic too, it was solid between Richmond and Kingston, 50 mins instead of 15 and it ended with a crash. Our bus went into the back of the car infront, emergency stop and loud noise. Finishing with foul language from the car driver who was trying to pass off some old bumps on the bus driver who was having none of it, you have never seen a bus empty so quickly,
  • Just want to say well done everyone. I finished in 42.42 which is my third best 10K time so I'm really happy. I've been on the Nike 10K website and it's been updated. You have to leave your e-mail address and they will e-mail you soon with the details of this years race.
  • Hi all, nice meeting MK, the Jumps, Helephant, Tinks, and others.

Lovely place for a run.
    We got caught by the downpour just about 200yds before we got back to our car.