Options

very blobby club 19th Oct

2»

Comments

• Options
    Evening ...

Well went to the gym today, scales obviously not working .. they say I have put on 1 kilo .. bo****ks, dont feel any fatter ... and that is what matters. Done my first speed session on the treadmill ... I'm not a fan of these contraptions at all ... but they measure your distance .. I think it went ok .. and I managed to finish the session at the same speed I started at ..
    Soaked to the skin with sweat, looking pretty scarey, and guess what .. no one else looked half as bad as me ... they were all glowing ... hey ho
  • Options
    i expect the others were just there to be seen , not to exercise
    ive never understood how people can wear FULL makeup in the gym
    You need to weigh yourself AFTER the run, youll lose some weight in sweat
    Id ditch the scales, youll know in yourself if youve put on weight or not :)
  • Options
    Hi DD

Thank god it's not just me who sweats at the Gym. Most of the woman at my gym you cannot tell if they've just started or just finished. Not an ounce of sweat and not a hair out of place.
    I have to do a lot of my training at the gym because I can get child care and I do get a bit fed up with getting stared at for actually working out.
  • Options
    Sorry for rant but one of secret niggles, I mean why do they bother?
  • Options
    Theres the odd one at my gym who looks perfect and runs fast
  • Options
    Must be super fit then, or maybe I just sweat more than most :-) Mr Jump doesn't sweat much
  • Options
    and he's got longer eye lashes than me :-(
  • Options
    I sweat loads too, have to wring out my kit ater an hour, and need a towel with me on the treadmill
    Were just working hard
  • Options
    And before ayone says it, i dont sweat pure gin
  • Options
    Don't talk about gin. I have nailed my colours to the mast and have given up the booze til next week. I'm sat here thinking maybe I'll start tomorrow.

I'm hanging around the forum instead of going down stairs to watch Mr J consume copious amounts of beer :-(
  • Options
    Yes but were not a very good example are we
    Feel really ill actually, dont even want any tea, and am not necking gin as quickly as usual
    Good luck with the wagon
    Monday is a better day to start
    Im sure mr jump will give you one bottle of beer
  • Options
    Anyway, off I go and face the music or I will get it in the neck for being anti social

Talk to all tomorrow and will post re will power.

Night
  • Options
    Hope she has a beer
  • Options
    Benz
    high-flux....you wanna kill me or something - high-flux has the worst life expectancy of any system of dialysis!!!
    couldn't possibly consider home dialysis - pathological fear of needles (cannot even watch needles on TV), and I feel safe in the unit. The 'Mother-Unit' (leicester general) is forever telling our nurses not to make us so comfortable as so few of us elect for home treatment.
  • Options
    No, no Robo, thats high flux as a substitute for hours on the machine which kills you ( at the lister the average traetment time was 1.45)
    But it might give you sufficient clearance not to have to do the 4 and a half hours
    Bloody wasted training time i call it
    Sounds like a nice unit youre in, any jobs going?
  • Options
    Hows the stella?
  • Options
    Hi everyone I've not been around for a few days as been very good exercise wise (not eating wise. Went hillclimbing with Mr T on Friday - the munro kind - but it was very very hard work. Snow storm at the top of the munro. 5 Hours it took me to climb up and back. Then Saturday I came down to visit Snail's Pace and we did a very good 5 mile run in the afternoon. Snails' pace isn't really snails' pace you know and she is 3 stone lighter than me so I had to work hard just to keep her in sight. Guess we spoilt the run by going for the best chinese meal I have ever had. Any one know how far you have to run to run off a three course chinese???? Had a lazy day - well shopping day really. Home to Scotland tomorrow.
    Hope you all a good weekend.
  • Options
    Think you did it pre meal tryer
    Well done
  • Options
    Snails' Pace not amused with me. I think she can do the 60 mins in Brighton after all she has 4 weeks to lose some more of the chinese.

Thanks Benz hope the dreaded weigh in on Tues will show I have tried this week or have I???
  • Options
    Chuck away your scales, or if you must keep them, use them in conjunction with a tape measure in order to see the measurements decrease!

Remember, running can cause weight gain cos of muscle gain. only with a tape measure can you reassure yourself if this happens and you don't know what it is :)

• Options
    benz
    you trained at the lister? (he said nervously, backing towards the door). some of our nurses have done courses there - they can't understand why it is called a 'centre of excellence' when it has one of the worst death-rates in the country.
    I'd like to go to one of those clinics in France where you dialyse for 8-10 hours overnight -their patients live longer than any others.
    the stellas all gone (boo hoo), but I have found a bottle of red that needs drinking before it goes off.
    just weighed myself - 4 kilos over! (whoops) still I can lose at least 2 at the gym tomorrow.
  • Options
    Nope robo, trained at the medical polytecnic of the South west
    (St georges)
    Did acute pd there as a nurse, but did renal at Barts and Mays before moving to wales
    Renal is NOT evidence based, good or bad depending on your point of view
    I think its a compromise
    Only 4 kilos over for a weekend
    you can come to my unit anytime, wish they were all so good
    Agree with Psi re tape measure, now must find mine
    I kep being told im thinner, not lost an ounce though
    Pixie, well done
    Andre is another person I will run for in my next sponsored run, Cancer research will continue to bemefit from my efforts
    Enjoy the wine