Shoes similar to Brooks Ghost

Hi there, 

I urgently need to buy a new pair of running shoes, and I need some quick advice on which pairs to look at. My last were Brooks Ghost, which I had fitted using a treadmill in store. These were a little expensive and didn't really last well, so I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a similar fitting shoe for me?

I'm a UK size 12 and have very wide feet. 

thanks

Comments

• My last shoes were Ghost 7s which I loved. I couldn't find 8s or even 7s either at the right price or in my size. I've had New Balance 890 v2 in the past which I liked a lot so I went for 890 v5 from DW Sport, half a size bigger than my foot size.

• I went through the whole brooks range over last year or more

Ghost, Ravenna, etc etc

I then switched over to Nike to try their range fitting / starting with their supportive shoe (structure 18s)

Anyway. On trialling about 6 variations of shoe running 300-500 miles in each, I have Nike Vomero 10s which I'd say are similar in feel, weight etc - I have raced in the ghosts upto a HM and same with Vomeros. The 9s are apparently the same although can't comment. I've been told the Pegasus 32s are very similar too, and I have tried them on and agree on feel. I'd probably lean with the Pegasus being wider though

You need to make sure you feel comfortable in them, money is tight for me too but one thing I learnt through injury is not to skip here. You'll pay the price in other ways
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • Take a look at this link. It will help you out. https://theshoebuddy.com/best-treadmill-shoes/