Options

Paris Marathon 2017

Comments

• Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    Rest and build energy Katey. Long run next weekend and see how you are for your planned half the week after.
  • Options
    Pistol101Pistol101 ✭✭✭
    Definitely get yourself better Katey. Go for a gentle couple of miles in a couple of days when your feeling better. Do take it easy next weekend, time on your feet will help you if your feeling better.

Milton Keynes 20 miler for me today! Fortunately it stopped raining at start time! We had to dive through a foot of water in the first underpass but after that all good. Really pleased with my time. Last 2 miles were hard work, especially with a mountain to climb at 19.5 miles!
  • Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Pistol101 in really bad weather!
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    *** Saturday Night Meal ***
    So far we have 32 runners, friends and family confirmed.
    Eggy
    Running Rodent
    Kenno and co
    Nells and Mr Nells
    Hatton2009
    Katey and her entourage
    Dean Lucas
    Pistol101 +1
    Maccatheknacca
    Bandito
    Abi and crew
    KB +1
    Lloydr and crew
    Natty and Mr Natty
    Pancake 2 plus supporter

Anyone else interested?
  • Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭
    PARIS 2017 list

Yellow pen (3:15):

9672 - Steve Duffy 2
    10207 - Maccatheknacca

Blue Pen (3:30):

17108 – MattL
    17165 – LloydR
    20620 - Stuchbury
    20621 – Kenno
    20771 – Dean Lucas
    22198 – Mahdu2
    23303 - TT

Purple pen (3:45):

29172 - Baldstan
    29451 - Pistol101
    29460 – Yer Maj
    29643 - AspirantRunner
    29691 – Eggyh73
    33449 – ryantilley
    37420 – Bandito27
    39073 – Mandydebs

Green pen (4hr):

43209 – Nells
    43613 – Hatton2009
    43640 - andrewr123
    43794 - Never Give Up Girl
    43975 - Franz Wanzenboeck
    44052 - Betzza
    44674 – Benign Murmurring

Grey pen (4:15)

63796 – 1992km
    64520 – Running Rodent

Pink pen (4:30+):

68714 – Tired Legs
    69792 – Kirsten B
    68965 – RoddyMac
    73942 – FRG2
    75540 - katey
    75874 – Pancake2

To find your number/pen - log in to your ASO account - http://www.asochallenges.com/,
    there is a large red box to the left of the screen, click 'my order' and your details are there. You 
    should be able to change your pen on the day if required. Someone will post on the forum when the 
    Convocation (a piece of paper that you HAVE to take with you to the Expo) is ready to download, 
    normally a couple of weeks before the race.
  • Options
    nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just signed up here as the realisation of how close Paris is has now dawned on me.

Myself and my housemate are both travelling Saturday morning from Bristol to fight our way through the Expo. Be good to meet up with some other British runners for a pint afterwards.

We're both in the Yellow pen, though with my recent training level this is very optimistic for me, though my flatmate is looking on target despite it being his first marathon (my 3rd).

2 other friends travelling over to race as well, though not sure what pen they are in; need to urge them to get on this forum too.

Hope training is going well for everyone.
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    nicko1981 - Welcome to the thread!
  • Options
    Welcome Nicko. Never too late to join the madness...

How are you feeling today Katey? Any better?
  • Options
    kateykatey ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the thread Nicko.

I feel a lot better thanks RunningRodent. We are away this week for a short break, back home Thursday and got here only to find I'd left my running trainers at home. I did venture out in my everyday New Balsnce trainers that offer no support but managed an easy 6km jog. Felt a bit more tired than usual doing it but not sure if that was because of a day not really eating or because there were more hills than I was used to. 
  • Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭
    Hope you enjoy the time off Katey - I always find I'm a lot slower when I'm not at home for some reason. I think it's the change of air, and probably familiarity at home and knowing what my pace should be, where the hills and hidden elevations are etc! And I expect the day being ill probably took quite a bit out of you too.

List to follow - I'm a day late as have been visiting family, and running my hometown half marathon. I managed a PB, but am not 100% happy with it as it was 42 b****** seconds over 2 hours. I knew I should have found a flat course! Considering it was quite hilly, with two horrid hills in quick succession at around halfway and the last three miles being more up than down, I had a tummy ache AND it was raining so much the roads were turning into rivers at places I'm comforting myself that sub 2 is within reach for me. I'm signed up for another half next Sunday, which I was going to do more as a training MP run and run a few miles extra afterwards, but a bit tempted to give it another try now. Though that one isn't flat either, in fact I think similar elevation to last Sundays. We'll see....
  • Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭
    Mar 11: Shakespeare Marathon - kenno.
    Mar 12: Bath half - Chris 1875. North London Half Marathon - ryantilley, Pistol101, Nells. Barcelona Marathon - Nodster.
    Mar 19: Reading Half - The Jimbob, Pistol101. Alloa Half - KennyM.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 2: Manchester Marathon - Andy-W-, Karen Bowman 2, Chris 1875. Bungay Black Dog Marathon - Smudgerncfc.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 7-17: Marathon des Sables - Dannirr, Nodster.
    Apr 9: Paris Marathon
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr 17: Boston Marathon - Slinkyminky. Chasewater Easter egg 10k - Chris 1875.
    Apr 23: Kirsten Lancs Lass' birthday. London Marathon - The Jimbob, agentpenguin, LeggyMountbatten, Smudgerncfc, chris 1875. Hamburg Marathon - KennyM.
    Apr 24: Picklelily's birthday.
    Apr 26: Nells' birthday.
    Apr 30: Birmingham 10k - chris 1875.
    May 1: Milton Keynes Marathon.
    May 7: Lichfield half marathon - chris 1875.
    May 14: Leeds Half Marathon - Andy-W-. Draycote water half marathon - chris 1875.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 20: TBO2's birthday.
    May 27: Kent Roadrunner Marathon - Nodster.
    May 28: Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon - Andy-W-, Orbutt, LeggyMountbatten, Smudgerncfc. Liverpool Rock n Roll Half - Chris 1875.
    May 29: Vitality 10,000 - The Jimbob, Nells, TBO2, baldstan.
    Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 3: Harvel H5 - baldstan.
    Jun 6: Comrades - Nodster, Running Rodent.
    Jun 11: Bahtat marathon - Karen Bowman 2.
    Jun 23: Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday. Wythall & Hollywood 10k - chris 1875.
    Jul 1: Birmingham black country half marathon - chris 1875.
    Jul 8: Timbermonger 10k - chris 1875.
    Jul 9: Leeds 10k - Andy-W-.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 6: York 10K - Andy-W-.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.
    Sep 4: Benign Murmurring's birthday.
    Sep 16: PC's birthday, Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 17: Worcester 10k - chris 1875. Richmond Half Marathon - baldstan.
    Sep 24: Berlin Marathon - Slinkyminky, LeggyMountbatten, chris 1875, Smudgerncfc, baldstan, 1992km.
    Sep 26: Hayley B's birthday.
    Oct 6: Slinkyminky's birthday.
    Oct 8: Yorkshire Marathon - Andy-W-, Chris 1875. Chicago Marathon - Nodster, Nells, The Jimbob.
    Oct 15: Birmingham Marathon - Chris 1875, LeggyMountbatten, AspirantRunner.
    Oct 22: Great South Run - Loubella.
    Oct 30: Orapidrun's birthday.
    Nov 5: New York Marathon - Smudgerncfc, TBO2.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.

Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 30: Stuchbury's birthday.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr: Two Oceans

• Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Nells even though you are not happy, I can  only dream of these times!
    glad you are better Katey 
    welcome Nicko, you are in the right place
    i managed a short run yesterday so am feeling quite upbeat-physio tonight though
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    TBO2 - Hope it goes well at the physio. 
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    TB02 - Hopefully Physio will go well :)
  • Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Emmy but not so well. I've pulled a hamstring so can't run for two week! I'm afraid Brighton is out so I will defer. Unhappy but I'll keep up with all of you and run by proxy.
  • Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Eggy also-honestly I keep missing everyone's comments with the new format!
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    That's not too bad... how's your training been up to now? Unless you're going for a PB - you could have a good day out and enjoy Brighton
  • Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Hi physio has advised not to run as he thinks I need to be off two weeks but I haven't trained enough up to now. I agree with him, I have run before under trained but he thinks I could damage my hamstring so I think it's better to call it a day. It's a bummer but I don't want to push and cause myself more problems.
  • Options
    nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome everyone, well done Nells on a good time, that 2 hour barrier will fall shortly I'm sure.

Bath Half this weekend, anyone else running it? Going to be a good test to see where I'm really at in race conditions with no excuses!
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    TB02 - Really sorry to hear you're having to pull out of running Brighton. Sounds like it's the sensible idea to defer. Hope you can get back to being injury free soon.
  • Options
    Hi guys - it's getting close now! Starting to wonder how on earth I'm going to fit a proper taper in...! Im running the Silverstone Half this Sunday - anyone else going to be there? Hope training is going well for everyone!
  • Options
    Hi guys new to here, I no its a long shot but is there anyway to get a place in this year a Paris marathon? ANyone no of anyone that's been injured? And is selling there place? Is this possible to sell entries? Anyways hope somone get some back to me Greg 
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Hi Greg, it's not possible to sell entries as you need to prove your identity at pick up. There are a few charities I think that still have places.

Ben - I think there could be a few people there. I think we had an event list fairy? but i could be wrong.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, new into running so didn't no! Iv looked into ones for chairties and probably can't raise how much they ask for which isn't normally around a 1000, as it's  so close to the time. I seen a charity called get kids going that want 150 for entry fee and then raise as much as you've want, which sounds to good to be true, do you no any info on them?
    also I'm wanting to do a major marathon this year hopefully anyways as must are close down up now, do you no any still open. Thanks Greg 
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Hi Greg, There are loads out there! What is your definition of major? Where do you live? If you want April, Rotterdam is still accepting entries. Just some ideas:
    - Brighton is April and they could still accept. Maybe Manchester too?
    - Dorchester is May and they are still accepting entries
    - Amsterdam is October, so is Frankfurt.

If you just want capital cities: Stockholm, Edinburgh are also open for entries. The only ones I know are full are Paris, London :) The world is your oyster!
  • Options
    Hi Gregory. I don't think it's unusual for charities to ask for much smaller amounts to be raised than, say the London marathon. London is almost impossible to get into except by the charity route, but it's easy to get a Paris place if you enter before the closing date. I don't have any personal experience of Get Kids Going, but they are a well known charity.
  • Options
    Firstly emmmy, major I would say, Paris London Berlin, but I'm open to other I see that Edinburgh one is now close, so is Rotterdam, I will look into the other you have mentioned. I live in Lake District but am open to travel anywhere, well not further than Europe At the minute.

Hi running robert, thank for the reply, I may look into get kids going charity then, also I always new London marathon Is hard to get a slot but how hard Is it in numbers? How many apply in the ballot to how many get a place? 

Chesrs Greg 

• Options
    kateykatey ✭✭✭
    Hi Greg

I've entered the London ballot six or seven times (would need to check my rejection emails) and never got in, but I know people who get in first try.

If you are thinking Paris this year double check transport and hotels as would imagine it's a a bit busy!

How is everyone's training going this week? I'm feeling much better and did another 6km in my non running shoes, will try a longer one tomorrow.
  • Options
    RoddyMacRoddyMac ✭✭✭
    Eggyh73
    Can you put me down for the meal on Saturday it will be me +2

Training turning into disaster constant colds ect I think I will be in survival mode
  • Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    Great PB, Nells. A time I could only dream of. Good luck in smashing it this weekend!
    Good to hear you're back on track, Katey. Sorry to hear of the ongoing injuries for others.
    Welcome Nick, Greg. Greg, Berlin is in September, so must surely still be open.