Options

Paris Marathon 2017

Comments

• Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭
    Nodster - I've read your 2 pages on RW many times since last night. I'm really glad to know you. I think you are brill image
  • Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭
    P.S. We are always ready to help you with you marathon recovery Nodster image They both looked at your pictures last night and recognised you straight away.
  • Options
    NodsterNodster ✭✭✭
    Aww, thanks Kenno. You're a lovely family and it'll always be a pleasure to revisit the post marathon recovery ??? even though I'm not really in to footy !image You'll achieve your target soon enough I'm sure.
  • Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭

We've got 3 rugby balls in the car normally....no problem to change games...

• Options
    NodsterNodster ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LoubellaLoubella ✭✭✭

Have also just read the Runners world piece & just want to say to Nodster that you really are an inspiration! 

Have been enjoying doing some trail running the last few weeks and staying away from the tarmac, its been a really nice change. I ran the Clanfield 12 k challenge last Sunday, which is a new local race and it was so well run and the scenery round the route was fantastic - even came 2nd place female image

• Options
    NodsterNodster ✭✭✭
    I really don't feel like it LOUBELLA, but thank you. I think this forum is full of inspirational people. I'm trying my best to keep a beautiful memory alive.

It sounds like you're fairly local to me over in Havant. Joining us for the Portsmouth Coastal Marathon this year ?! image

Good luck to everyone running and racing over the next few days, looking forward to catching up and being left behindimage
  • Options
    NodsterNodster ✭✭✭
    Oops, and well done LOUBELLA on your podium finish ??? inspirational image
  • Options
    LoubellaLoubella ✭✭✭
    Nodster, I very much doubt I will be doing Portsmouth as my poor husbands patience has been stretched almost to breaking point by me signing up to do Yorkshire the day after I got back from Paris!

I am however, local to you & the race so if you need any assistance or support on the day then please feel free to shout x
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Well done Loubella!
  • Options
    SmudgerncfcSmudgerncfc ✭✭✭

Well done to Chris Field and Loubella on your PB's.

Is there any plans for those who are running the Vitality London 10K to meet up on Monday?

• Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭
    We usually meet near the B in the meet up area before and after. We'll all gradually turn up for the start then again afterwards. Not sure if there will be a stool flag there or not this year, but just look out for Jimbob in his ahort shorts, aviators and a keg of beer under his arm. I'm probably wearing my Where the Foch green top so look out for those too.
  • Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    I'll be in Where the Foch green also .....
  • Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭

Good luck tomorrow!

• Options
    Foch green for me too.
  • Options

Ditto! See you in the morning! image

• Options
    And matching calf guards image
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Good luck to all those running today!

I've just crawled out my sick bed and into work. The joys.

• Options
    Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Hi list fairy, after yesterday's 2nd Liverpool's Rock n Roll marathon @3:30:37 I'm wanting another crack at the whip. Last year I managed PB of 3:26:55 and although the first half was about a minute or so quicker, the heat got to me. Perhaps I needed a Nodster to chase after like last year. Although the last four miles were quicker this time! It's still 2 mins quicker than Paris this year (last month) so happy with that.

I remember at mile 7 or 8 someone shouting go Andy from BCRC which lifted my spirits Orbutts wife???) whoever it was thanks for the shout!

So anyway list fairy please add 28/5/17 Liverpool Rock n Roll marathon.
  • Options
    NodsterNodster ✭✭✭
    That's a shame LOUBELLA, thank you for your kind offer. I'll keep you posted image

You did well ANDYW, good to see you've signed up again to hunt down that PBimage
  • Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭

Yay - a four day week! I had a lovely time at the London 10k yesterday and it was good to see friends from here old and new. I found the course a bit congested and despite the fact that I'm sure the estimated finish time I put in when I registered last year is quite far from my current form, I still found myself passing lots of people along the way. That might go some way to explaining why my first mile was a good minute slower than my last mile. I was a couple of minutes slower than last year I think, but on current form I'm happy enough with it.

Avidly awaiting the race reports from various points of the globe this weekend.

• Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭

Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 4: Harvel H5 - baldstan. Wharfedale Trail Half - Karen Bowman 2.
    Jun 5: Stour Valley Marathon - Lloyd R. Portsmouth D-Day 10K - Loubella.
    Jun 11: Worcester Go Dad 10k - Christopher Field.
    Jun 12: Two Castles 10k - Christopher Field.
    Jun 18: Tromso Midnight Sun Marathon - Heather S, Nodster, Meadower, Running Rodent, Eggyh73, Heroine in a half-shell, KeyserSuze. South Downs half marathon - Loubella. South Downs Marathon - andrewr123.
    Jun 19: Arden 9 miles - Christopher Field.
    Jun 23 : Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday. Giant's Head Marathon - Heroine in a half-shell.
    Jun 26: Olympic tri - Tallington - Magna Carter. Harry Hawks 10 - EHN. Donnington 10 miles - Christopher Field.
    Jul 2: Black Country Half Marathon - Christopher Field.
    Jul 3: Bewl 15 - baldstan.
    Jul 9: Timberhonger 10k - Christopher Field.
    Jul 10: Leeds 10k - Andy W. Sprint tri Spalding - Magna Carter.
    Jul 16: Race to the Stones: Heroine in a Half-Shell, Running Rodent, Stuchbury, kenno.
    Jul 17: The Dorset Invader Marathon - Nodster. Windmill half (Lytham) - Kirsten B. Wild One Marathon - Tired legs.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 23: Iron distance tri - Outlaw Nottingham - Magna Carter.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 6: Phoenix Summer Marathon - Nodster.
    Aug 7: York 10k - Andy W. Run Norwich 10K - Smudgerncfc.
    Aug 13: Roseland August Trail (Black RAT - 32 miles) - Christophe D.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.
    Aug 27: Enigma Marathon - Nodster.
    Sep 4: Benign Murmurring's birthday. Maidenhead Half - iantcox.
    Sep 10: Half Ironman - The Vitruvian - Magna Carter.
    Sep 11: Great North Run - Andy W, Christopher Field, Hales HayleyB, Hari2, Kirsten B. Surrey Bacchus Marathon - Benign Murmurring, Nells, Nodster, Betzza. Sapiac Half - Sweety2.
    Sep 16: PC's birthday, Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 18: Richmond Half Marathon - baldstan. Coyote Marathon - LeggyMountbatten. Worcester City 10K - Tired legs.
    Sept 25: Berlin Marathon - Mister Mike. Ealing Half - iantcox. Robin Hood Marathon - Nodster. Cheltenham Half - Christopher Field. Bristol Half - yer maj. Loch Ness Marathon - andrewr123.
    Sep 26: Hayley B's birthday.
    Oct 2: Chester Marathon - Andy W, Meadower. Leon Half - Running Rodent.
    Oct 6: Onetit's birthday.
    Oct 9: Yorkshire Marathon - Karen Bowman 2, iantcox, Loubella. Great Eastern Run Half - Magna Carter.
    Oct 16: Amsterdam Marathon - Christopher Field. Cabbage Patch 10 - Nells. Manchester Half - Kirsten B.
    Oct 23: Abingdon marathon - yer maj.
    Oct 29: Beachy Head Marathon - baldstan.
    Oct 30: Orapidrun's birthday.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday. New York Marathon - The Jimbob, Nodster, Sweety2.
    Nov 13: Lytham windmill 10k - Kirsten B.
    Nov 20: Phoenix Winter Marathon - Nodster.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Nov 26: Saxon Shore Saturday - Nodster.
    Nov 27: Saxon Shore Sunday - Nodster. Florence Marathon - Tired legs.
    Dec 18: Portsmouth Coastal Waterside - Nodster.

Jan 1: Roundman's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO52's birthday.
    Jan 7: Polar Night Half Marathon - LloydR
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 30: Stuchbury's birthday.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 26: Brighton Half Marathon - baldstan.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 7-17: Marathon des Sables - Dannirr, Nodster.
    Apr 9: Paris Marathon
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr 23: Kirsten Lancs Lass' birthday.
    Apr 24: Picklelily's birthday.
    Apr 26: Nells' birthday.
    May 14: Leeds Half Marathon - Andy-W-.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 20: TBO2's birthday.
    May 28: Liverpool Rock

• Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭

May 20: TBO2's birthday.
    May 28: Liverpool Rock n Roll marathon - Andy-W-.

• Options
    LloydRLloydR ✭✭✭

Lovely to see some of the lovely people from here at the London 10,000 yesterday.

Like Elin, I found quite few slow runners ahead of me and I started in the middle of the first pen. In fact there were some walkers that were passed within half a mile of the start that must have started just behind the elites. A friend that was also there came up with the following term:

"Jogtards (n) The runners who over estimate their finishing time in a race, get too near front and hold up faster runners. Often to be found wearing headphones, oblivious to all around them."

I'm sure we've all encountered them.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Andy-W it was indeed MrsO who spotted you, at the base of Evil Hill number 1. You were too fast for her to see you again as she was waiting for me.

I was much slower than Andy at 4:40 but I was chuffed as, despite my legs and head telling me to walk, I ran all the way (very slowly but it's the thought that counts). MrsO spotted a man speed walking. I never saw him, so he beat me. I don't know, beaten by someone walking, oh dear.

Obviously, I'm in for next year - List Fairy, will you please add me in for Liverpool image

Also, could you put me down for the Wirral Half on September 11th please.
  • Options
    Andy-W-Andy-W- ✭✭✭
    Thanks and well done Orbutt, lots of appreciation to Mrs O . The first hill seemed more evil (longer) than last year even though I knew there was a down afterwards ... as did Upper parliament one. Last year I managed to tackle the hills faster. Although there are steady inclines before the evil one and I managed to do quite well up them. It was tough, thought that finish line was never going to come and took me a while to get back to normal (the pints helped and we went on the wheel again this year afterwards which was nice - Mrs W and the kids enjoyed it very much)
  • Options
    chris 1875chris 1875 ✭✭✭

Orbutt and Andy-w- well done for doing the full marathon in that heat I was sweating just doing the half! Me and the Mrs also did the 5k on the satuday so to get the extra bling, I did not think I would get a pb because I was in the Cavern club till 1 o clock but I managed 1:38:31 knocking 24 seconds off my previous best. I have already entered for next year doing the 5k and 1 mile with the Mrs and the half again myself . 

List fairy could you put me down for Liverpool half 28th May 2017 and could you cancel the Worcester 10k and two castles 10k for weekend 11,12 June as I have got tickets for the England v Russia at the euros in France that weekend.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

• Options

Good to see some of the people from here at the London 10,000 yesterday. And nice to turn my legs over a bit quicker for a change - I've been doing a lot of long slow stuff recently so a race that finishes after 10kms was, frankly, pure joy image. I could do without the pollen in central London at the moment - I feel like I'm running with a throat full of fluff, which isn't nice. 

I do like the sound of the Liverpool marathon, heard good reports from various sources, even if it was a bit on the warm side. Good running from those who completed it without melting.

• Options
    NodsterNodster ✭✭✭

Re-iterate what has already been said, lovely to meet up in London yesterday and Kent on Saturday, had a blast .... thank you all.

Well done to everyone who ran and supported. Some awesome achievements ..... rest well Dannirr.

Here's my latest snippit for anyone interested :

https://20marathons2016.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/no-9-kent-roadrunner-marathon/

List fairy, would you put me down for the Kent Coyote on September 18th and The Kent Roadrunner on May 27th please ? image

Thank you.