Side foot pain and plantar fasciitis

Started running about 1 year ago and has been on and off since. Got plantar fasciitis in both feet, got insoles and sensible shoeso and have felt an improvement .I Have a severe pain in the outer part of my foot that does not go away. And have had for more than half a year now and is not getting better. It is nowhere near where I get pain from the plantar fasciitis, pain gets unbearable if foot is turnt in or pressed. Any ideas?

Comments

• Have you been to a doctor? It could be a stress fracture - you should get it checked out.

• LinsmcLinsmc ✭✭✭
    I get pain on the outside of my foot just under the ankle. It's really bad when I point my toes up and turn the foot inward. I posted on here about pf in January and haven't run since. It's been steadily getting worse and is now sore all the time. I took my insoles out for a day and the pain in my heel came straight back which k don't feel with them in. I came on here to ask who else gets pain on outside of foot from pf as still not sure that's what mine is. Who have you seen about your pain? Mine isn't sore to press. That could suggest a stress fracture
  • Been running 30 years. Never had real problems until last summer when I got plantars fasciitis. Bad in the morning particularly. I bought some special shoe inserts that helped but had to lay off my running. Just started back 8 months later! Could it have been my new trainers didn't suit?
  • FootmechFootmech ✭✭✭
    There is always a fundamental reason why this condition happens. 
    It is a multi faceted problem.

but when linked to outside of foot pain, that points towards 4th and 5th metatarsal cuboid joint pain. 
    In order to get is pain, the foot has to be functioning at its end range of pronation, in other words maximally pronated.
    there are reasons why this happens from poor calf flexibility to incorrect footwear. Weak or inactive gluteal muscles can also play a role. 

Treatment would involve, improving ankle range of motion, 
    joint mobilisation and footwear appraisal.
    orthotics may be necessary too.

go and see a Podiatrist who has an interest in running injuries. 

• I tore a muscle in my foot about a month ago, near the heel. My general doctor told me not to take any anti-inflammatory medications. I came across an article that talks about a new technology called deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator which has been proved to help relief the pain. Amazingly it has helped me to cope with the pain after 4 weeks of using it. I recommend that you get the same treatment as well....Good luck !
  • most P/F injuries ive came across take between 8 to 16 months to fix, as footmech says its muti faceted, if you get your correct shoes, try an insole by sole or a heat mouldable insole which supports the arch fully , if you can get a spiked ball so that it can provoke the foot into healing itself its worth a try, and although uncomfortable a strasburg sock keeps the foot in an extended state whilst asleep, but even after all that , unless you know why it started (extended foot roll) or just a heave impact youl be re injuring
  • DevleyDevley ✭✭✭
    I have heard of tibial tendonitis causing pain in that area of the foot as well.  Maybe worth looking up.
    Best to go to a Dr to get a diagnosis so you know what you are dealing with.
  • yup try microcirculation therapy. it does wonders! better than hyperbaric if you ask me! We all need to improve our microcirculation because this is where gas and nutrient exchange happen. Not only that, it improves endurance and stamina while jogging. If you also have inflammation (like what u mentioned, fascitis), it would really help a lot as well since it improves o2 and nutrient delivery to the affected part. Read on it online! Good luck!
  • Hi Nichaela Johnson, well as I can see that due to plantar fasciitis your pain is unbearable. I think it is very common to happen during this situation. But, you can get relief from this pain if you wear an effective night splints. Yes, there are some most effective night splints available in the market that can help you get rid of pain that occurs due to plantar fasciitis. You can try any one of the below night splints:
    • Hard Night Splint
    • Plantar Fasciitis Posterior Night Splint
    • Soft Night Splint
    • Cool Stretch Night Splint with Sealed Ice
    • Plantar Fasciitis Sleep Support
    These are some of the effective night splints that are required to be considered to cure plantar fasciitis pain. You can also know about different foot issues and their solutions at BestFootCares.Com