Options

Sigma HRMs

MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
The Sigma PC14 has got more features than I'll use, but I've found it at a price that's right.

Any of you good folk have experience of the brand? Any good?

Ta in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry Mutley, I use a Speedo Competition HRM, because it works well for swimming as well as running.
  • Options
    I recently purchased a Sigma hrm (can't remember what model it was but it cost £39.99 from Up and Running). I found it easy to set up and use. I've used it twice so far and hope to use it more often. Transmitter belt is comfortable and nicely flexible so you don't have to fight it into the right place!

I also have a Polar M21, which I found far too complicated to both set up and use, was double the price of the Sigma but both do almost the same (Polar possibly has a couple more features that the Sigma - I'm a complete technophobe so can't for the life of me remember!)

If anyone wants a Polar M21, only been used once (and cleaned thoroughly afterwards I may add!), I'll gladly sell it.

Hope my comments have been helpful, Muttley.

Creamcake
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    They have indeed, Creamcake, much appreciated. The Up & Running £39.99 offer is exactly the one I have in mind. I'm currently trying to get cheaper on eBay, but given that U&R is a reputable shop (plug: used 'em loads of times, great service) I think it's worth paying retail price for the after-sales if needed.

Cheers!
  • Options
    I picked up the Sigma Pc 14 from up and running under the above special offer and have been very happy with it. The possibility to take hrms for separate laps is very good as is the recording of both average and high hrm which not all of the cheapest hrms allow.

Simon
  • Options
    I'm looking to get a hrm and this Up & Running offer is beginning to sound promising. What features has the hrm got other than those already mentioned?

Cheers,
    Arnie
  • Options
    Stopwatch, average hrm, max hrm, lap timing and hrm average per lap, calorie use, time spent outside target hrm, alarm

That is about it but enough for me. Can't download to computer but good starter hrm.

Simon