My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock - Part 2

Comments

• My name is Ridgebackmax and I need to get my finger out and post more on the pirate forum again image

• Seren - I reckon I'll just need to stop a couple of times to fill up my bottle and once for a loo stop, at least I'll get chance to stretch my back

Cougie - I'm a bit of a saddo - I actually enjoy sitting on a turbo for hours (with Zwift for company). I'd do the IM distance on a turbo if they let me image.

Rain and thunderstorms forecast for Venice this weekend image 

• DaylightRDaylightR ✭✭✭

Do you have a bionic backside? I really struggle with anything over 2hrs on the turbo, despite the number of gadgets (zwift / trainerroad) I throw at it.image

• DaylightR - let's say it's well padded image

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Molly - how did the clipping in thing go?  Have you practised?

• That's how she does long turbo sessions HC.....she can't unclip yet...... image

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • HC - I had a go, I was sweating like a pig trying to build up the courage to set off. I had a few false starts. Once I got going I was fine ...and unclipped about 300 yards before I wanted to stop. 

MC - exactly why I do long turbo sessions, no unclipping and no traffic image

• Yes Lee get that Lanza report sorted. And don't worry, I'll get my whipping stick out if there's no sign of a plan. Two female Pirates to punish, what a lucky boy I am
  • Magna Carter wrote (see)

I'm MC, and I need to work on three things...

1] I need to get some cycling power, so that I don't get caned on the climbs..l so big gear and intervals, here I come.

2] I need to develop my aerobic endurance and mental strength on my runs... no more walking!

3] I need at accept that even though I've got a high metabolsm, I've got to stop eating crap food all the time... It might not show, but it does affect my race

This week I've done one big gear session, and one interval session.... I've done a couple of hard runs...not long, but fast (for me) where I've had to tell myself to MTFU and keep going.... and today, I got a packet of crisps out, and then put them back and got an apple instead.... win the battles to win the war!

So come on folks...lets hear the success stories!!!!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Well I have just booked a swim with epic events in Derwent water this Sunday 

that's a plus for me actually doing some swimming

• DaylightRDaylightR ✭✭✭

errrrm...image

Had a bottle of wine with the Mrs last night, I missed training Mon due to BH laziness, Missed training on Tue due to work, only did half my turbo last night.

I'm going backwards. Really need to start filling my sock...

• This week I have been cycling up and down mountains in Mallorca - my sock runneth over image

• Road to nowhere wrote (see)

I need to get more power and speed on the bike too.  My weakest discipline.

I need to stop snacking on so much sugary stuff.  I'll allow myself a small amount, but not the bags of sweets I eat every day.

I want to swim under 20 minutes for 1000m.  Missed the time trial last night because I wasn't well, but think I might have done it - gutted.

Finally, I need to believe in myself and start thinking positively.

Bike is work in progress, as is the swim part.  Did swim in the lake Monday night.  Very choppy because of the wind, but I persevered and completed 3,000m.

Ran a PB marathon on Saturday, so at the moment thinking positively and have a wee bit of confidence in myself that I might be able to complete Outlaw - IF I can meet the bike cut off.

Not bought so many sweets or biscuits, but still consuming more than I would like.

• Not much training done so far, went out for a 3 mile run t'other day. Doing some Parkrun tourism on Saturday though to meet up with some Pirates, then going on a ride. Back on it properly once I'm back home next week.

Weight has gone down but that's because I've not been eating properly recently. Planning to get into a proper healthy way of eating will be done next week.
  • I am back on the training wagon..active recovery means doing something everyday ....for at least a week....image

saturday was parkrun,, sunday an ulktra in the lakes... Monday a few miles walking around liverpool, Tuesday a slow run with club.. wednesday a swim in the river and today will be an offroad run with club....havent trained this much since january

• ....or since you smashed Lanza!  That was the longest training day you've had this year Seren image

• My name's Bobs Your Father, and I need to sort out some things...

1) Fix my bathroom scales, as they are obviously broken, and still showing me as being just North of 17 stones.
    2) Fix my bike, which is moving far too slowly.
    3) Buy new trainers, as my running is shocking.
    4) I'm not even going to talk about swimming.

• DaylightRDaylightR ✭✭✭
    Bobs Your Father wrote (see)

My name's Bobs Your Father, and I need to sort out some things...

1) Fix my bathroom scales, as they are obviously broken, and still showing me as being just North of 17 stones.
    2) Fix my bike, which is moving far too slowly.
    3) Buy new trainers, as my running is shocking.
    4) I'm not even going to talk about swimming.

Following the pattern of 1-3, couldn't you just buy some new googles? Current ones must clearly be faulty and slowing you down image

• Cracking idea DaylightR. image
    That way I have to take no responsibility for my own laziness!

One a serious note, I only have to do 2 things - eat less and train more. Now, where is that sock?

•  LOL BobYF image

Much of my intended training in the last few days has been derailed by the appalling weather in the far SE just when I actually had a bit of time off........but riding in 40mph+ winds is not for me!!

However I have run twice including a 4 mile R/W (but mostly run) up on the cliffs at Dover this morning.......apparently it's the longest run I've done since I bought my new garmin..... image

• Right, I've been thinking all week I need to sit down and properly think about a plan of action, set measurable goals, then little sub-goals and targets. I envisaged some complicated thing and was trying to figure out in my head how to write it all down (I'm a very 'visual' learner so like things to look good). However, tonight I became thoroughly sick of myself and my constant faffing. "Never let perfection get in the way of good " ( or something similar). So to that end, this is my plan for the next few weeks. I'll report on how it's going and reassess in a few weeks:

1. Gym 3 x per week

2. Run 3 x per week

3. Start biking and swimming for pleasure again

4. Get on board with low carb high fat nutrition (feel loads better on that protocol)

5. Get more sleep

6. Drink more water - I think I'm in a permanent state of dehydration

That's it.
  • Well done Lee, action taken!

On the food front, tonight I've had a big steak dinner with Stilton and mushroom sauce washed down with a bottle of red wine. Woops how did that happen?

Parkrun and a bike ride tomorrow
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Well that looks like a pretty good plan Lee.  The first thing to success is making things habitual.  Steak with stilton and mushroom sounds like the prefect HFLC meal image

• Did well today. Stayed over near Congleton last night, rode down to Parkrun this morning, did parkrun and then did a bike ride around Cheshire. Even resisted cake when we stopped at Jodrell Bank, and then had a late lunch of salad!
  • TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

bloody hell Mallowpuff - salad? what was with it?

• Morning all. Well this morning I was lucky enough to get a free Total Immersion swim coaching session (thanks to Soupy!). I had 2 x 50 min sessions, with 2 different coaches (they were being monitored; I think it is their final coaching test). Anyway it was fab, and I feel like I learned a hell of a lot, and plenty that I can work on. Definitely feels like swimming will be less of a fight with the water/controlled drowning event if I can capitalise on this! So planning to swim at least once a week (more if I can fit it in) to improve. Feels good to feel motivated again image
  • There was tuna, cooked meats and garlic bread too.was nice sat in the sun enjoying the countryside
  • Well done Lee, keep that motivation up