My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock - Part 2

Comments

• M...eldy wrote (see)

I think I am doing ok but I forget what I promised   image

Its your age image

-----------------------------------

Another decent week for me, just short of training (this included 3hrs hiking though)
    I had a run focused week and managed to get 6 runs in, including a club handicap trace and … wait for it a long run. On Saturday I managed 14.5 miles at sub 9mm … which is dam good for me as my longest run this year has only been 8mile and that was a couple of months back.
    On top of the running I managed 3 rides and 2 swims
    So I’m happy with that

----------------
    I’m starting this week with a rest day … cos my legs need it.

Through the week I intend keeping it steady, as I have targeted Sunday for a long ride – I want to get over the 100miles, but that’s a big ask as my longest rides so far have only been about 65-70

• Great stuff Will.  Enjoy your rest day!

So my half marathon training plan starts today....with a rest day, hurrah!!  That said Monday is always PT day, so I've got that later.

So tomorrow's run will be more walking than running at the moment, but I'm happy with that.  Getting the distance done is my aim- as I lose weight and get fitter I'll be running more. 

How's everyone else getting on?

• Good work Will. And good to hear your plan kicks off now Lee! I'll be checking up on ya.

Training didn't really happen this week (partly down to sherpa/volunteer/support duties at the Lakesman) but aiming for a couple of 2 hour turbo sessions mid week this week, and Saturday is either going to be a 60-70 mile ride down in Cheshire, or parkrun followed by a spin class and a swim. Depends on whether the forecast changes from thunderstorms or not as my Pirate training partner is a wuss
  • PT felt really tough this evening, but got it done. Bag packed for the morning, going to do my run (i.e. Walk/run) in the work gym first thing image
  • Awesome.

2 hour turbo for me tomorrow. Urgh.
  • Wow.  All sounds like it's going great for you.  Keep it up.  I had a recovery week last week after Cotswolds 113.  Still doing some training, but not so intense.  I now have 3 hard weeks of training to get done, before hopefully reducing it down a bit in the lead up to The Outlaw.

Somehow though I purchased another bag of Amaretti biscuits, but I haven't eaten quite as much chocolate/sweets.  That has definitely reduced.

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Yay great job guys.  Chest infection has taken proper hold so I'm claiming 10% of all your training this week.  image

• I'm definitely suffering from post race depression - I feel lost without my training. I'm trying hard to watch what I eat otherwise I'm going to end up putting weight on. I think I'm going to have to look for another race to do image

• Mallorca's nice in September I'm told................ image

• GWSs for the poorlies.  

Otherwise positive news seems to percolating the thread.

I've mostly been booze swerving, so now to add physical activity six days a week and no 'social' processed sugar (the latter might prove troublesome until the mini-magnums are disposed of in the freezer, but they might be permissible as post long ride refuels). 

• Podds - Tempting but I wouldn't make the bike cut off

FF - mini magnums definitely count as recovery aids after a long rideimage

• Just popping in to say I did my run! It was after work rather than before because I didn't sleep well last night so elected to try and catch some extra zzzzzzs before work. 3k in 40:45 (run2/walk1). Not a PW but somewhere to improve from!
  • Great efforts all round!

I've managed lots of miles on both bike and foot  in the last week, including a 21 mile run... and feeling great. My legs are coping with high training volume so much better this year for keeping the momentum up over winter (thanks to a Paris Marathon entry, followed by IM Lanza) rather than dropping back to virtually nothing like in previous years.... then a swim this evening, but a heathy meal of jacket potato and freshly peeled prawns, followed by fat free greek yoghurt with a fresh chopped up pineapple to get through first.... 

#feelingvirtuous 

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Brilliant Magna!! Sounds like all the hard work is paying off image
  • Good work on getting out for the run Lee! Keep it up!

Fail for me, got too much shit to sort out tonight, so the date with the turbo has moved to tomorrow.

• When it comes too food, I've been doing that 'Hello Fresh' thing.

Great for eating clean, managing portion control and getting plenty of variety image

• My pals have started using that too WW.  I had a meal at theirs when I was visiting a couple of weeks ago, it was nice.

• lee - we've been doing it a few months now, normally only do 3 meals per week, but sometimes do the 5. Never had the same meal twice on it yet.

Mrs WW also makes them on no HF days, cos the recipe cards are great - for each meal, you get a full nutrition break down 

• marathon molly wrote (see)

Podds - Tempting but I wouldn't make the bike cut off

FF - mini magnums definitely count as recovery aids after a long rideimage

Are you sure?  You managed Austria.......

And on non hijack news I actually cycled to work today.........ok so it's only 5 miles or so and flat but at least I did something........... image  I have also started cutting back on the junk.........but as I am still not sleeping properly / much, it's all an uphill battle still.....

But it's not a knitting club right? image

• Great stuff Podds image  I've gone with the tack of taking it one day at a time!  Trying to eat better, drink more water, get to bed earlier etc.  My sleep is rubbish at the mo too, keep waking at 4:15 (almost exactly every night) then I'm awake for ages with my mind whirring.  So just need to adapt life accordingly.  It's bit rubbish when you feel your fitness has effed off, but it'll be back.  On Monday I was squatting/deadlifting 40kg when I was previously on 80kg/92kg!!  I could have done a bit more but I was pretty wiped, so it is what it is.

We'll get there image

• Apparently magnesium is meant to help in the sleep department.  I've always had interrupted sleep for as long as I remember.  Drop off reasonably quick but after 90-120 minutes I wake up.  For the rest of the night I drift in and out of sleep and probably have around 3 trips to the loo.  Think I've got used to it and somehow I can survive on little sleep.  I think I make up for it at the weekends and have a little snooze sometimes on the sofa. I didn't get on with Nytol at all.  Found it gave me a really bad hangover headache the next day. I did sleep though.  Good luck

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

And crazily I read somewhere that dairy also affected sleep (although I may have dreamt it boom tish!)

Lee I'm off to mindfulness group therapy (to help sleep among other things*) next week - if I get any top tips I'll share

* It would help if my other half didn't have to get up at 2.30am to go to work at the mo!

• Podds - I think Majorca is supposed to be more "tecnical" than Austria - I just made the cut-off there by the skin of my teethimage

Lee - I like your way of thinking, I'm going to copy you as I tend to think 6 months ahead and want to see a massive change rather than lots of little steps

RTN - I don't know if magnesium helps sleep but I had magnesium baths twice a week before Venice and my muscles were fine and my skin was great (I've got eczema) - but would I have been ok without, who knows?

• Over the last 3 weeks I've dropped from 202.7lb to 197.2lb and BF less than 12%... I'm happy with that image

------------------------

For sleep, grow lavender - and every now and then cut some and put it in the bedroom  --- old school i know, but it helps

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Gonna plant some Lavender underneath the bedroom window* as well as the allotment so we should have plenty on hand.  Will is that a concerted effort to lose weight or a by product of training?  Looking forward to a catch up in Maastricht.  How long are you there for?

*we're on the ground floor

• I'm going to be in Maastricht for about 10-days image I've hired a bungalow 

I think it has been a sudden burst of training that has helped. But I'm trying to get my diet back under control - Due to what has happened this year, both training & diet went out the window.

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Not surprising mate but very happy to hear you are starting to get a handle on stuff.  We're driving over and will be there Thursday to Monday. 

• Hi - how's everyone doing?

• day 3 of a new regime  again... but no training as body still not playing ball.....wonder if I can blag the long course weekend like I did Ironmna Lanza....probably not the bike