My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock - Part 2

Comments

• For me last week was a case of  : image image image image

• IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭

pods - awesome stuff, well done!

will - you can't change what happened last week now, so put that behind you and just look ahead to this week and what you want to achieve

• Evening shit stuffers!

Well done to all that have successfully raced/worked out/eaten well etc.  Great jawb folks image

WW, your training's been going really well has it not, so if last week wasn't quite to plan it won't really set you back?  Maybe your body just needed a rest.

I'm moseying along.  Was meant to run 3.5mi tonight but my lower back is really sore today (fecking hormones) so going to rest it and try it tomorrow.  If it's still not great then i'll walk the distance rather than run/walk, just to get the distance covered.  

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Sounds like a plan Lee - Will you must be in taper now?

I've got weight training tonight and took advantage of the shorter hours at work (and couragette glut) to cook vegetable chilli and chicken for tea tonight.  Yum. 

• Just got home from work and about to do an hour on the turbo watching yesterday's TdF highlights. Did 2 hours on the turbo on Sunday and a 6 mile run last night. Already committed to a 3 mile run in the morning before work followed by a 4 to 6 mile run after work tomorrow. May my sock overfloweth...
  • Happychap - I would need to have done some training to tapper image

• I've managed to get back on track, let's see how long I can stay on the rails
  • Day 6 of the new assault and its still going reasonably well.  So far, each day  I’ve had a small protein shake for breakfast and lunch and a small ‘normal’ meal for tea.  I’ve managed to avoid all snacks and had no alcohol.  Combining that with cycles of 55, 50 & 30 miles and an hours swim and I’ve managed to drop from 190lbs to 186.8lbs.  I’m still well above my ‘pre injury’ weight of c178 and long term target of 170 but its moving in the right direction.  And, more importantly, I’ve removed myself of the horrendous cycle of eating all the kids haribo, only to go out the next day and replace them, only to eat them all again and replace them…

I really, really want to get my head in the mind set to see processed sugar as the enemy. I can go out of my way to eat healthy meals but then ruin it with handfuls of processed sugar in its various disguises.  If only I could solve that and I’d be sorted!  This time I will make it work.  I will!

Lee, POdds,, Mallowpuff & HappyChap - sounds like you are doing well and managing to keep on tracksome a bit easier than others!

Shas - congrats on Holkham

Rocco - hope you've managed to get out!

• Well, i had a good week last week

23hrs training, including a big weekend on the bike with back to back 70 mile rides on the CX bike, across the north Pennines, each with about 6500ft of climbing - in bad conditions.

-----------

now i am into tapper mode - maybe a couple of longer swims

• Nice one Will, top work image  You looking forward to the race?

• Lea - I don't know - I have only done half the training i would normally do... So not as confident in my abilities as I would normally be image 

• Well if that's the case there is absolutely no point in worrying about it now.  Nothing you can do.  So just relax and look forward to it.  Life has thrown you some hellish curveballs, and you've done your best despite that, so look at it as a nice holiday with a long training day thrown in, then you can have lots of beers image

• The lady occasionally talks sense! Top effort this weekend Will, the weather wasn't exactly ideal...
  • Will - maybe because you've trained a bit less then you'll be more rested and do better than you expect? They always say "better to be undertrained than overtrained".

I've just signed up for a marathon in 20 weeks' time so that should make me get my backside into gear.

• Afternoon sock stuffers!!

How's everyone getting on?  I missed 3 runs recently due colicky stomach, but managed 2 last week including my LSR, so hopefully getting back on track image

What have you all been up to? 

• last week was a non event for me - my mood went hill down as did my training.

A few walks through the week and some weekend swimming 

• Been crap. Mood and illness (which hasn't helped the mood). Going to have a cracking weekend in Nottingham though and then I'm off work for a week. Then 4 weeks at the seaside where I will run and swim and generally be awesome. Honest.
  • How are you feeling now Will? 

• IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭

Sounds like we've all been in the wars - woke up 2.5 weeks ago with what I thought was a sty on my eye, but it got a little (lot) puffy so this time 2 weeks ago I was in A&E on IV antibiotics as it turned out I had orbital cellulitis (ie cellulitis around the eye)! 

Thankfully that all settled down once the drugs started to work & eyesight is fine which is the main thing, but turns out it was caused by an underlying sinus issue which didn't settle with the drugs, so MRI scan to check everything out but again thankfully nothing nasty and it's all finally settling (last day of pill & eye drop antibiotics today, hoorah!!).

So with my face mostly feeling normal again got out on the bike last night for a nice & chilled 22mi, and have to say it's the first ride in a long time that I've really enjoyed!! I think as you guys said a ride with no pressure or expectations on speed or anything else, just enjoying the sun & being able to ride again, felt good!!

So hopefully that's the start of getting some bike mojo back again, especially as the stupid idea of doing Ride Across Britain next year seems to be sticking in my head!!

• Ironshas - great idea having something to aim for, why not! Glad you're feeling better.

Will - hope this week has been a bit better for you

MP - hope you enjoyed your weekend in Nottingham

Lea - it sounds you're back to consistent running so well done

For the first time in my life I'm marathon training to HR and it feels like I'm not going fast enough etc but I've been told to ignore speed at the mo. Just seems a bit odd that I'm going backwards tho image

• MM... You'll have heard this loads already but stick with it.... it DOES work!.... I spent months running at paces that felt painfully slow... and I'm now back at the paces I started at.... but with a 15 to 20 bpm lower heart rate!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • MC - that's really cheered me up, thanks! I haven't told anyone what I'm doing as I'm quite embarassed that I'm being so structured, I just normally go and run blandly. I'm after a mara PB at the end of November, so I'll bear with it and fingers crossed

• IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭

MM - I agree with MC; for IM training last year I went by HR and initially I had to walk a lot to keep it in the right zone & was thinking "what the heck", but your body adapts pretty quickly and you end up being able to run faster & faster but for that same low HR, which means you can therefore run further & further!!

• yep.... its frustrating running 2 or 3 mins a mile slower than you normally would, but the payback is huge.... there is an increasing body of research based evidence, plus advice from the pro community advising people to slow down... I saw Jessie Thomas who won Lanza this year saying exactly that just a couple of weeks ago.... I have set a PB at every distance I've planned to this year,  and now for the same at IM... that's my goal for Outlaw this weekend!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • IS - In that case, bring it on, I'm now looking forward to my "plod" after work this evening. I have to walk quite a bit at the moment.

MC - I'm being coached by a pro triathlete who has taken me under his wing and he says I've got to trust him. I'm not paying anything as I often translate e-mails etc for him when he has to do interviews as he's Italian. Brilliant news on your PBs and best of luck for Outlaw and look forward to reading about your new IM distance PB image.

• Morning all image

How's everyone doing these days?

• Good and not so good. 

I'm day 7 of Whole 30 and it's going really well.  Early indications on the scales show 16lbs dropped between the two of us image

• But I'm really struggling with breathing still.  Went for a short run 1.8miles the other day and couldn't breath.  It was so bad I nearly collapsed image  And I could only manage running at 14 minute mile pace so it was hardly exerting myself.

It's making me scared to go out

• Oh that's not good image  Do you get exercise-induced asthma?  Or could it even be stress?  Sounds like something the doc will need to help you with.  Don't push yourself too much love.  Hope you can figure out what it is pronto xx

• I've been a bit pants. This weekend I at least did something though, parkrun on Saturday for the first time in a couple of months, then a little sea swim on Sunday. Might run today after work too. Hopefully collecting my bike from M&M sometime this week as long as he hasn't sold it so will be back to cycling too