My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock - Part 2

Comments

• IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭

Happy - well done on the weight loss, that's brilliant!  image Not so great on the run though image  Maybe just try walking for a while; not the same as running I know but its still getting out in some form (I actually think walking is really underrated), and might help perhaps?

Lee - how are you getting on?

Molly - how's the running coming along; are you walking a bit less now?

As for me, was slowly getting back into the swing of things after my infections but think I overdid it on the weekend; 2.5km swim & 8mi run sat and 60mi fairly hilly ride yesterday.  Just been out for usual lunchtime run but felt like I was running in treacle & struggled to get HR up despite feeling like I was putting lots of effort in.

But 2 weeks until my last half of the year so will make sure I get lots of rest & just see what sort of performance I can muster up on the day.  Not going to go in with any expectations / times in mind, just going to enjoy it especially as will have some friends there playing cheersquad!  Am enjoying riding more; not been putting as much pressure on myself & also been out with a friend / the club which helps.

• It turns out there is a rash?! of pirate exercise induced asthma after chest infections.  Gonna take myself out for a little ploddette today and see if it happens again.  If so, will take myself off to the doctors.

In a fit of motivation to train I've treated myself to a new Edge 1000 which must be worth 500 bike miles?

• image Happy Days image

Today's weigh in revealed a massive half a pound off.  A tad gutted but onwards and upwards.  Had a great weight training session so strength and conditioning going well.  But still have problems with respiratory capacity. 

• I'm a bit late to the party but definitely need to sort my sh!t out.

1 - loose some chunk about 1.5 stone I reckon

2 - Train consistently

3 - Stop talking and start doing.   Doing Chester Marathon in Oct and signed up for the Lakesman next year image

Durhambiker wrote (see)
    I'm durhambiker and I need to sort my shit out.

1) diet. I need to shift some weight, at least a couple of stone as I'm currently at least 16 stone. It would help if for a start I would get my arse onto some scales, and then repeat that regularly to keep track. Snacking and eating crap is a major issue to be resolved, as well as sorting the overall diet.

2) structure. My training needs some. I'll be moving back to Manchester in August and I'll be looking to join a tri club for swim sessions, as I've done a few with my current local club. My bike and run training needs structure though to help me improve, so I'll be looking into HR and power training. #1 will also help me improve

I've just joined Manchester Tri club and done my first swim session this morning Really friendly bunch.   If your looking for someone in Manchester to plod around with then give me a shout - same to anyone else the more people I have to make excuses too the quicker they run out.

• I've lost my mojo a little (although not entirely) post Outlaw, which isn't ideal with the Vitruvian coming up!

I have however, been eating carefully, so ok on that bit of sock stuffing.... need to get back on with the bike and swim efforts... I did manage a 2.2 mile climb last week at 15% average, so not all bad, but swam this evening for the first time in a fortnight, and it felt like I was swimming through treacle!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Hey sock stuffers!  It's been a while since anyone posted, so thought I'd get the ball rolling again.

How is everyone getting on?  I've been enjoying my running lately, so my focus for the rest of the year is to keep it up, get consistent with three runs a week (it's easy to miss the odd one, then another...), and maintain my fitness in the gym.  Strength work really helps my back/posterior chain which keeps me running, so currently doing twice a week in the gym and will build to 3 times. 

Food wise I've lost just slightly over a stone this year, but about 4 more to go I reckon.  So back on LCHF which I feel good on, and believe will really help me. I find posting what I'm doing helps, so back on here to do just that image

• 'ello! Been a bit crap recently. My new plan was all going to kick off properly last Tuesday, then Tuesday night I got a call from my sister saying she was in the early stages of labour, so could I go over to look after the toddler. She finally gave birth late Thursday night so I didn't get back home until Friday afternoon, and I've done nothing since then other than eat food and drink booze. Well, I went into Manchester yesterday to watch Horse and Razor at the velodrome, but other than that...

Soooooo, back on it this week. There shouldn't be anything else to get in the way now.

• on it.....!

swimming 3 times a week regularly since beginning of sept... with a goal for each session of either pace, strength or endurance.....

out on my bike, and on the turbo twice a week for intervals... feeling like its working.... have just bought a power meter, so will be able to track more precisely.... but feels like holding a predetermined pace on a regular route is getting easier... will start working on holding an IF of 80% and increasing P5min and P30min, as well as bFTP for those that use power and understand what these are!

and finally, have got down to planned off season weight, so in maintenance mode, along with continuing to try and eat the 'right' stuff!!!....

(plus ran a half mara PB a couple of weeks back!)

I'm overall, very very happy with progress... a year of sprints coming up (amongst some other random running type stuff), and feel like I'm setting myself up for it really nicely.... and most importantly of all, loving every minute of it!

• Brilliant Magna, sounds like you're nailing it.  Well done image  The fact you're enjoying it is the key.

Yep get back on the horse Puffy.  I want to be as consistent as poss so we can badger each other into greatness, hahaha!!

• I'm going for a run later. Then tomorrow I'm going to finally check out the new gym. Then the badgering can commence!

• Good work Puffster! 

Gym for me later, thankfully just upper body tonight.  Not sure my legs could hack all the squats etc. today.  That's for the weekend!

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

off it!!! good to hear you all doing well.

still struggling with injury so having a complete break, and too much lard. Off on holiday Saturday back early November and then it all kicks in to action. LCHF and structured winter base plan, s &c in gym with swimming.

• Didn't run the other day. Been beyond crap this week. Kicked myself up the backside today, 3 mile run which was tougher than it should have been. Been eating badly for the past few weeks and nowhere near active enough. Need to remind myself that being active makes me feel better.

Ayway, like I say, got out for 3 miles. Set my Garmin alerts up for an 8 min run/2 min walk and stuck to it, with a couple more little walking breaks up hills. Going to aim to do similar tomorrow, then parkrun on Saturday. Going to sort some sensible food out too...

• good stuff Mallowpuff... getting started is the hardest bit of all.

• TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

well done Mallow.

• I'm crocked at the moment ... back has gone off again image

I've been to physio and seen doc ... so hope to be back out there next week

On the  plus side ...

I've sorted out next years 'A' race so i have something to aim for, something to give me focus  image

• Cheers folks. Been rubbish recently and my head hasn't been in the right place. I need to remind myself that if I can force my body out the door and get it done my mind will feel the benefits!

Hope you get the back sorted Will, otherwise it's off to the glue factory with you...image

• made my 'by christmas' goal this evening, a full 2 months ahead of schedule, with a sub 7:30 400m swim.... nothing like visible progress to motivate!

• Well done everyone.  Sounds like we are all motivated.

It's been a while since I posted.  My last tri of the season was Challenge the Chilterns middle distance in September.  Just before I wasn't feeling great with a cold, but decided to do the event anyway as felt slightly better Saturday.  Come Monday after the event, I went drastically downhill with gastric flu so was wiped out for a week.  Then went on holiday for 2 weeks and in the end had about 4 weeks of doing absolutely nothing.  Slowly getting back to it and over the winter everything will be low intensity, just slowly, slowly building the aerobic endurance up again.

Food wise I've had to lose some holiday pounds, and been doing a food intolerance test.  It's only 2 weeks and the idea is not to actually lose weight, as I don't need to, but to cut out lots and lots of cr@p.  Near the end now and it has at least made sure I haven't been dipping into the biscuit and cake tin.  I will weigh myself at the end of this week, but reckon I'm close to losing 1/2 stone. Then I can start to eat normally again, but hoping I don't go back to my old habits of sweets, cakes, biscuits and crisps.

Feeling motivated and positive about the year ahead image

• hard work just keeps on paying back.... another 11s off my 400m PB tonight

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s241/magnacarter/3c79235ed8cad802dcd370251387144f.jpg

• Good work Magna image  I've yet to use the interval setting on my Fenix, reckon I need to give it a shot though.

• I need to get my 400m pb back to where it should be .. saying that, I probably need to get in the pool for a start  image

• I think I've managed to get myself on track. 3 runs done so far this week, and tomorrow I'm finally going to drag my arse over to the gym. Been eating better this week as well, mainly sticking just to meals and avoiding snacks. Told myself I can have a bit of an indulgence at the weekend so I'm not going totally without, but i was being stupid with biscuits and stuff over the last few weeks. Also been off the beer throughout the week as well. Wasn't hammering it before but it was usually a bottle or two every evening, so that's relegated to weekends and the odd one here and there if there's a reason for it.

So, feeling better about it all now. Need to keep on track though.

• Three steps forward two steps back

That's how I've felt since Outlaw. But in August got asthma diagnosed and in September a bucket load of steroids, antibiotics & stuff to inhale.

Just got rolling again all baby steps while steroids seemed to beat me up more than asthma - were they really good for me ?

Anyway body got used to them then I got a sodding throat infection from steroids & snotty head cold - training stopped again.

So I am now on my 100th come back and managed to string together a couple of weeks of training - yeah

Come back kid looking forward to getting my shit & training back on track

Parkrun again tomorrow for two in a row - happy days
  • As long as you keep making those forward steps that's the main thing! Even if from time to time the backwards steps outnumber them, you'll still move forward.

Only got one training session left this week, tomorrow's long run. Feeling good after a decent week, so I'm keen to maintain the momentum now!

• Training wise all is going to plan. Last week I hit all of my training goals, and so far I'm on track for this week too. Diet needs a bit more work, but it'll get there. Generally feeling better about everything now that the training is going in the right direction, though.

• Well done Puffy!

Can I join?  Seriously need to pull myself together!

Goals:

1 - re-lose the stone that I lost earlier this year, then put back on. Anyone tried the Lean in 15 books?  Seems like very high fat, but the food is lovely.

2 - Swim!  I got overexcited when I learned to swim earlier in the year and I signed up for the Aspire channel swim - 22 miles in the pool in 12 weeks.  Now I've got 3 and a half weeks left and about 14 miles left!  Eek!  I managed 100 lengths the other day though and going to try and do the same again today.  Too scared to work out how many more times I need to do that!

That will probably do for now (ignoring the looming half marathon!).