Hull Marathon

When I get the green light from my physio I'm hoping to have a crack at this - those who did it last year said it was a good race

Anyone else game?

Comments

• Sarah 99Sarah 99 ✭✭✭

Not  done it myself but friends that have done it have said it felt more like a Sunday training run than a race. Very lonely run with little support and this year you are not allowed to wear headphones either

• Did it last year.There were periods of loneliness and I wore headphones (no need for a change as the roads were closed, just health and safety gone mad, again). Not a cheap one from what I can remember. Best part - running though a school, really! worst part - the docks or whatever they were, grim.

• I did the first half last year but was under-trained and had to stop at the bridge. I was comparing it to the last version which had a lot of problems, including being under length!

I enjoyed the first half, but I live there, so I enjoyed running on my door step. Locally there was a good buzz about the race, so the hope among running clubs is that it'll get better each year ... 

• Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    This is the one I am aiming for in the autumn.

There's some others I'd have preferred but this fits perfectly for timing so hopefully will be there.
  • I've got the green light from the physio so I'm in, but now undecided between the merits of FIRST vs Hansons training plans, so might morph the two ...
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭

Great news Britrisky,good luck with your plan.