Re: Running and Fasting

1235»

Comments

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    And it was all going soooo well!
  • Come on moderator. What are you playing at? Thought you'd thrown this twat off.
  • Who knows, Bear? Time will tell, one way or the other. Treat it as irrelevant to runners if you like.

• I know I really shouldn't get involved with this, but I must point out to Gone Away that serial killers are virtually always white, and although religon does play a part in many cases, Islam being that religion is unheard of.
    And of course the Montgomery County Police have NOT said that the person they are holding is connected with the shootings - perhaps it would be wise to wait for the facts to be know before trying and convicting someone?

(Why do I get the feeling I'm going to regret responding to him?
  • This guy GA is even worse than my jokes. That's BAD.
  • Gone Away, I really don't want to have to step into this, but how can you say that was a constructive contribution to this site?

You can debate censorship all you like, but frankly you have to realise that if you were to make comments like that in public - or distribute them in a newsletter - let alone the kind on your original thread - you could be charged with inciting racial hatred.

Another way of looking at it - would you stand up ina pub and say that? I think not.

I hope you can appreciate that I'm going to disable your membership if you post anything more like this.

Sean Fishpool, RW
  • Gone Away, I'm really not sure what you are trying to achieve. You are clearly not going to change your views or moderate your opinions. The other posters to this thread are not going to change in their opposition to you. Currently, all you are doing is drawing down abuse on your head every time you make a posting. If this is what makes you tick and you get some kind of kick out of annoying other people, fine, but it seems a bit of a waste of your time and everyone elses. Please stop.

Trickle
  • "nice one mr fishpool" my arse! Just how many more chances is this cretin going to get??"!!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Ah, moderator reprimands someone by the name of "Gone Away" in connection with the posting of racist bigoted poison on a running web site. What a surprise.
  • Nice one chimp. Is that better?
  • Don't understand your point Glenn
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Sean, just a parody of GA's post - see previous page.
  • Well mines fairly straightforward. Why dont you answer that one?
  • The chimp deserves an answer!
  • Chimp, partly because we would rather the forum looked after itself - as so far, with over 1500 posts a day, it has done very successfully.

Partly because if you make a big deal of throwing someone off a site they simply come back under a different name and email address with a bigger chip on their shoulder.

It's a pretty big, complex party to host.

Sean
  • Sean Fishpool wrote:

"Gone Away, I really don't want to have to step into this, but how can you say that was a constructive contribution to this site?

You can debate censorship all you like, but frankly you have to realise that if you were to make comments like that in public - or distribute them in a newsletter - let alone the kind on your original thread - you could be charged with inciting racial hatred.

Another way of looking at it - would you stand up ina pub and say that? I think not.

I hope you can appreciate that I'm going to disable your membership if you post anything more like this."

Sean Fishpool, RW

--------

Sean, I wouldn't be charged with inciting racial hatred. (a) Muslims are not a race. They are a group of people. (b) I have no intention of inciting anyone to hate anyone. (c) Most right thinking muslims would probably freely admit that the behaviour and values of muslims just now leaves a lot to be desired and questioned.

Yes, I would be very happy to stand up in a pub and debate with any muslim or anyone else that what is happening at the moment is a disgrace etc and that the muslim world needs to sort itself out. We would discuss it and we wouldn't fall out over it. We would reach agreement.

I made a specific reply to one person on this thread. Lots of other people to whom it was not addressed have treated what I have to say as their property and then tried to rip me to bits for it. It wasn't addressed to them.
    When they comment to me, so I comment back to them, I am accused of keeping the thing going.
    One poster suggested that everyone complains to the moderator so, runners being not unlike sheep in their tendency to follow one another, you come into your office on a monday to a barrage of complaints generated by the invitation of one person to others to all hit the "Report this thread to the moderator" button. I am just exercising my right of freedom of expression. This is the very last time I will do so on this board. Goodbye to all you right thinking people!

• Can we close this thread now please?
  • Sean - is it possible to leave a thread in place as read-only? But no more posting....
  • I agree Trickle. At the risk of repeating myself, I wish the first thread was still there.
  • Sean,

I appreciate the difficulty, and I'm not trying to be awkward here, although I can see how it could be taken that way, but I'm just trying to point something out that I think (although I'm not absolutely certain) is true.

That point is that since internet stuff is viewed as a publication these days, presumably as the publisher, doesn't RW have certain responsibilities not to publish stuff that would be illegal - for example inciting racial hatred?

If that is the case, then it might not be possible to leave the boards to run themselves?

Having said that, I'm not sure that anything illegal has gone on. As GA has pointed out, Muslims are not a race, but as yet David Blunkett has yet to introduce anything akin to "inciting religious hatred". Although the idea was certainly tried, it looks from what I've read as though it has proved difficult to word.

Don't envy your position here, but I wish you the best of luck. Many thanks for the boards, they really are a valuable resource for me and I'm sure many other runners, and I hope they don't have to be closed because of the harsh practicalities of things etc.

Cheers, Iain
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Its just a shame that it's come to this on a running forum. Thanks Sean for your efforts,I understand your dilemma, and it ain't easy.