Jurassic Coast Challenge 2017

Just putting this out there to see who else is running this event next year?

With a few years' running experience, a handful of half- and full marathons, I thought I would attempt something crazy, and raise some money for the CF Trust.

I've applied for London 2017. If this is the year I am successful, I'll need to see what sort of state I'm in by then.. image

Anyone in or around London doing this? 

Where are you doing the bulk of your training? I have family in Dorset, so I'll aim to get down there a few times before next March for dress rehearsals..

Cheers.

Comments

• I did the Jurassic Quarter this year which covers days 2-3.   The scenery is spectacular.   I did a lot of training on the north downs as it's equally brutal in a lot of sections.  

• mackfly wrote (see)

I did the Jurassic Quarter this year which covers days 2-3.   The scenery is spectacular.   I did a lot of training on the north downs as it's equally brutal in a lot of sections.  

Thanks, mackfly - will try and fit in a couple of visits there over the next few months.

• Oof, it's hilly. Done a few practise runs over Christmas - at least it's scenic...painful, but beautiful.

• i am tempted to do all three as well, can't get much hill training in though! image 

• If you choose single marathons, do you get a medal for each? So if you did the three marathons, would you get a medal for each and another medal to complete all three together? I am a medal junkie and the idea of 3 or 4 medals is very appealing!image
  • I'm doing the Atlantic Coast Challenge with them in October, I'm guessing it'll be the same just the one medal, try windermere 10 or Quadrathon in Ireland for multiple bling

• thanks, yes heard back from the organiser and its just the one! Assume that each marathon counts as a single marathon, in terms of 100 marathon club?

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

If you can enter any of the marathons individually and each has its own results, then they will count as separate marathons.  If not they will only count as one.

I've done The Oner (now run by Brutal Events) which counted as only one marathon.

Make sure you recce the whole of the Portland section - the most likely place to go wrong. It was about 0200 when I was going around there and I had a terrible time ...

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Dank-art, you need to find out if you only get a medal for completing the whole three-day event or if there is bling on offer for single-day entrants.

If the latter, enter individually for each single day. Disguise your identity by growing a beard for the first day, reduce it to a tache for the second and clean shaven for the third, wear different colour kit, affect funny foreign accents for a couple of the days, etc, so as they don't rumble you. And job done.

• QBQB ✭✭✭
    Yep just medal for completing all three - the challenge. I'm there but same as last year only for the Saturday - no medal but a great run (crawl). As you said all very beautiful but you do earn those views!