Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• I think her message to the Leavers (Fox, Johnson, Davis) is clear: you wanted out, you sorti it out.

• It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    JT- image

I was gentle with the truth. I didn't mention that your continued regurgitating of media hype was boring and self indulgent. I bet if you could reach it you'd give yourself a big kiss on the head...

Screams- I agree, may has done what Cameron did and said you sort it out! why should I do the hard shit?
  • It's beyond a joke now.
  • Johnson Foreign Secretary?! WTF? I know lets send the court jester to deal sensitively with other countries! Brilliant!
  • On the bright side for me, Sterling is tumbling again.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Most if not all of this business was media driven hype.

Lets face it, where do most of us get our day to day information from? it's almost entirely media based.

Lose all our media outlets and what is left?

Apart from stroppy arguments, upset people over thinking, imaginations running riot and people finding an excuse to give their neighbours the 'face full' they clearly 'had coming to them'.

Nothing much at all.

The only one's involved in 'the game' directly were the politicians.

The rest of us are like fans of football teams, standing there shouting and screaming from the side-lines. Completely powerless and ineffectual to change anything directly.

Just noise.

Ear plugs are cheap.

🙂

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

..not completely powerless Ric...we can vote in referendums and totally feck everything up.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Boris as FM could be an inspired appointment - keeps him out of the country, usually on a plane, no time to meddle back at home. Davis in charge of Brexit, No 10 in charge of any real crisis so not much for him to do. Better in the tent pissing out, etc.

On the other hand, it could go badly wrong!

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

No point to this post, other than to claim the 1,000th reply to my own thread. image

• Muttley wrote (see)

Boris as FM could be an inspired appointment - keeps him out of the country, usually on a plane, no time to meddle back at home. Davis in charge of Brexit, No 10 in charge of any real crisis so not much for him to do. Better in the tent pissing out, etc.

On the other hand, it could go badly wrong!

And perhaps the plan is to fly him by Malaysian Airlines, Gernanwings. Or possibly EgyptAir...

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Owen Smith, apparently he's a labour leader candidate, thinks we should have a 2nd referendum once we know what Brexit deal has been agreed. I understand where he's coming from, but not sure what that would gain us, except more delays and further aggro? I think we should just not bother with referendums anymore...too..err...democratic....

• I'm a remainer, but I know a majority when I see one. It would be fundamentally wrong to back out from leaving the EU now. Seems to me that the new PM has realised that, hence the appointment of Johnson. He'll be a disaster, but at least he will have some responsibility for cleaning up his own mess.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Gove, Morgan, Letwin and now Hunt gone. Every cloud... Although I wretched a bit at the news of David Davies, accepting that a number of those on the right would come into cabinet, at least so far they're away from domestic policy. Davies, Fox and Boris jobs will be pretty thankless tasks. And May has the advantage of if/when predicted problems with leaving the EU start to hit home she can say this is what you voted for and kindly take it up with the Foreign and Brexit secretaries.

Is Boris is now in control of MI6? Bloody hell.
  • I don't think it would be fundamentally wrong if it looked highly likely that it would  do long lasting damage to the country.

And people voted to Leave the EU not to break up the Union so if that does become a likely outcome I would say that raises a whole other question about whether it is in anyone's interests to forge ahead with it.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

We won't know about the long lasting damage bit till it's too late and we're out. I guess we could ask to re-join...but I think the remaining EU members probably think they're better off without us and they can forge ahead with ever closer union.

• I'm banking on Scotland voting for independence and staying in the EU. I then invoke my maternal grandmother to get a passport. My half-Irish wife is looking into getting Irish passports for her and the kids.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Turns out Jeremy Hunt not sacked from Dept of Health. Bollocks. Bloody Sky news feed getting my hopes up.
  • I think Boris is least dangerous as foreign secretary.....he will be on  a lads holiday around the world most of the time....

any gaffs and he has the humour and ability to get himself out of it easily enough and it will be the civil servants behind the scenes that do the weok anyway.

Boris will just be going to lots of formal dinners and I bet everyone will want to sit next to him rather than the majority of boring idiots that have the job....

I really think the original vote was flawed as it wasnt clear what we were voting for.....but i think we have had the vote and so need to move forward and implement it.....it will be a bit of a mess and Wales will be truly shafted.....If we dont go forward with it though the UKIP will have  a field day and might actually get into power

• 15West wrote (see)

Owen Smith, apparently he's a labour leader candidate, thinks we should have a 2nd referendum once we know what Brexit deal has been agreed.

Given they can't agree a deal until after article 50 has been invoked, what does he think the referendum will be asking?  At that point we can't stay in the EU, and we wouldn't be in a position to reject the deal and renegotiate a new one, so what does he think will happen?

Or is he just pushing out soundbites that he thinks people want to hear, knowing full well that he's never going to be in a position to do anything about it in reality?  Mind you, that's what Boris has been doing for the last 6 months...

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

David Davis in charge of Brexit...he favours something like the Canadian deal rather than the Norweigan deal apparently. He reckons advantage is with UK in any negotiations due to how much EU countries export to us. So...bring it on EU muthafukas. 

Hope he fails the horrible twat.

• The Canadian deal? Mark Carney should be able to help with that?

If it is a good and fair deal no-one will feel they have won or lost, or both will feel they have won, or lost. 

Whether a good and fair deal is actually one that is good and fair or just one that people are happy they can spin in the right way remains to be seen (or if it is spun effectively maybe unseen).

• Leadsom is being thrown to the farmers as Environment Minister. Pitchforks at the ready - bwa ha ha ha ha..! image

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

May is definitely giving Brexity tasks to Brexit campaigners...risky, but smart I guess. You wanted it, here...have it.

• David J 27David J 27 ✭✭✭

I'd love to think that May is being very astute giving all the Brexit cabinet roles to Brexiters.. knowing they will fail .. we can then forget the whole sorry saga ... and the Brexiters have no come back....

But - probably just down to internal Tory Party politics. Country's future decided by Tory internal politics first then what's good for the country a distant second.

Humpphhh.

(The Canadian deal - isn't that the one that has been negotiated for over 10 yeasr and best estimates another 5 years+ off??)

Cheerful Dave - I read and heard repeated from French that even if you invoke 50 - you can legally revoke prior to exit being completed.

Surely there must be some ratification of the final deal by Parliament (preferred) or by Referendum (next best) as opposed to phone call from David Davis.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Giving Brexit to those who fought for it is like the 'support' that schools offer naughty children. It is just a way of pretending to give them the help they need and want while actually the aim is to give them an unmissable opportunity to fall foul of their own slurry.

I like it a lot. When they fail to get what they claim is possible she can sack them and go for the Norway deal. Awesome.
  • I like it too VDOT.

• david.... she might be able to get one over the Tory brexiters...but if she doesnt leave then UKIP will take advantage...

Agree - unless she brought Nigel Farage into the fold as Minsiter for Immigration or something... horrible thought...