P&D Training Plan Advice

Hi,

I'm following the P&D 12 week 55 mile training plan to get me to chester at the beginning of October.

I've also got a place at London next year and will be following the P&D 18 week 70 mile plan.

My question is, what should I be doing in between? I don't want to overtrain but on the otherhand I'm conscious that I need a break. I know I need to be in a good place to start the high mileage week in January...

I've got a half scheduled in Nov and Dec but apart from that I have no idea what to do!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭

You could always follow the 4 week P&D recovery schedule. After that I'd just be doing whatever sort of running you enjoy most, maybe trying to keep up 40 miles per week or so. Targeting a few shorter races, like your half marathons is a good way of keeping motivated. You could always follow a half marathon plan if you're really keen. I think the main thing is to have plenty of rest and make sure you recover properly from Chester before doing anything too hard.

In the meantime you could check out the P&D training thread.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/training/pandd-autumn-marathon-2016/329634.html