Kingston Running Festival Marathon

18910111214»

Comments

• Have thanked my supporters team for you all - they said they enjoyed the day although they got a bit cold towards the end (all that standing around rather than running you see).

Not sure I'm ready for a 10K just yet - I shall plan my assalt next year so will be looking out for good races from maybe March onwards.

Well done Lisa - I hope you make FLM.

I assume a lot of the photos were for the Surrey Comet - buy it Thursday, I'm not sure if they have a web site, I'll need to check.
  • Yeh, photos will be on later today it says, im looking forward to some good ones. Go to www.Humanrace.co.uk, then click Kingston Run festival, and click on the sponsors black logo sports cam. I read the message on the left hand side. Or go to www.sportscam.net

Well my diary now is:
    Blenheim 10k 17th Oct,
    Ogmore training weekend in the dunes over the 23rd,
    Looks like Snowdon Marathon on the 31st,
    Stevenage Marathon on 7th November,
    Luton Marathon on the 4th Dec.
  • Luton is 5th December PM. See you there.
    (You seem to be taking a few weekends off in November?!!!!)

The Cabbage is nice a flat Fozzy. 'Only' 10 miles......I'll be doing a very slow and leisurely 9 or 10 later in the day.
    Good Luck.
  • I will be at Luton running the relay not the Marathon off to look for the offical photos

fozzy
  • No official photos yet I see.

Legs nearly back to non-aching now - quite surprised by recovery rate (not tried another run yet though).
  • TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    My recovery is doing OK compared to previous races too. Almost feel like a short jog today, although I was really bad yesterday.

Next race is Venice Marathon a week on Sunday. Planning to take that nice and easy.

• Don One I was one of the Helens, sadly the slower one at 4hrs 7 mins. I was disappointed that I got a mug as it was my first marathon and wanted a medal, especially as the mug did not differentiate betweeen the three races. The last 4 miles were a hard slog and the wind was tough but I managed to keep running,I loved it and have just entered the FLM.
  • Toomuch, so nice and easy for you will be 3:05 then?
  • hi all

Only just made it on here!
    Well done everyone! though didn't manage to see anyone at woolies either!

Had a good time - surprised as it was only second marathon i've run (first was London this yr) and thought it was great, apart from wind & lack of energy drinks.
    I managed 3.47 according to the site, though I timed it at 3.46.30 which I was so chuffed with .... until I found out if I'd run in 3.45 or less I'd have qualified for FLM or something!!!! Still all good, not sure about Luton but def plan to be at FLM next year anyway!
  • TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Summat like that Rob!
    Venice was originally planned as a backup for this in case of bad weather and a nice half-term trip with the kids. Should be ace.
    Will have to see about pacing. With previous marathons, I've still felt very heavy after 2 weeks, but we'll see. Only real aim is to make sure I beat my mate Simon, whose current best is just under 4 hours. I might take a camera along with me to a) take an interesting photo diary of the race and b) annoy him.

• Well done Lou and Helen, they are too excellent times for a first and second marathon! should be well pleased.

Toomuchapplepie, why dont you get dressed up for it aswell to rub it in! I did 4h as Tinkabell at London this year, it is fun not to take a marathon too seriously every now and then.

Why have they not put photos up like they promised! Grrrr

Adam
  • Yep November is a little empty, Maybe the Heaton Harriers Town Moor 10km on 14th November (up in Newcastle). This is a great flat race where I got a PB last year. The connection with Newcastle is that I was up uni there and I could tie this in with a visit to my friends. If your around the area give this a go.
  • Yeah, well done girls, that wind was a bit of a killer especially when very tired in the last 3 miles.

After a little analysis (I like that sort of thing) if I had kept my average pace of the first 20 miles up over the last 6 I would have been very close to 3:15, so just shows how bad those last 6 miles were.

Thinking of Hayling Island 10 miles in November as next race.
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    well done everyone, the results are in the latest Surrey Comet and I was very envious reading allt he marathon results!

roll on FLM

Great reading all your race reports, its fascinating watching people post about their training and then seeing the end results., well done to all of you
  • Cheers Annajo, thanks for starting this thread - shame you couldn't run - good luck with FLM training and race next year.

I need to find a Surrey Comet now then methinks.
  • Sportscam photos should be available early afternoon according to website.
  • Surrey Comet was posted out to methis morning!?

Could have sworn they weren't going to do that this year.

For some reason they haven't printed any photos of me and my glorious dash to the finish line!
  • LisaH: sorry I couldn't hang around to chat and dashed off, I had to get to the loo queue (again, that is). I have applied for FLM again this year, but doubt I'll get a ballot place. Are you going for a golden bond place ?
  • Sorry to all about photos - they should be on their way today. Ive been away the last 3 days running a half marathon (1:35:13) not bad after sunday. And our team picked up first prize!
  • thanks for that Loaded will look forward to receiving them - not a bad HM time considering you have just run a marathon.
  • Checked out the photos (including all yours too) - they must have taken thousands, although with digital now it doesn't cost anything I guess.

Not sure why there are more photos of me than anyone else - I appear to have 11 and none show me in too much pain, what a relief.
  • But why do they have to charge so much! £6 i might buy 1 or 2 at a stretch but if £2 each would buy a lot more.
  • Seems very unfair that Lisa & Shirl only got 1 photo for all the effort they put in!
    Very pleased to see I was smiling - tho I can't remember being that happy. Agree with you PM, I'll have a couple (as I'm glad they go to the trouble to take them)but will settle for screen capturing the rest. Rob - they took so many of you coz they probably thought you looked rich....
  • I like the theory Ivor. I agree, and didn't mention it earlier but I do screen capture them all, not the best quality but good for the memories. I think sports photography could be good business if a good formula is worked out. 4-5 hours sitting out in the cold, then maybe a day in total sifting through them all on a big screen typing in numbers, having a laugh. well I can imagine it being more fun for someone who took part to do this bit. Then just let the internet orders come in and press print! I think it could pay well.

PM
  • morning all.Ivor pics of me finishing are under unknown runner,had number belt on and number not clear,unlike the rest of you i look in pain, also some of Shirl finishing 2nd lap. Does anyone speak to Shirl,never had chance to say thanks and goodbye for her company. Hope you are all well, i have chest infection, first of many for the winter, started race unwell but wasn't going to quit this year. Have a good day.
  • I agree Ivor, they should attempt to take the same number of pics of all runners. Obviously on some you will not be able to read the number but at least they should have got 5 or 6 decent ones of every marathoner.
  • TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Why on earth is it more expensive for an e-mailed electronic picture than a print?

If I order a print it's far more expensive for them to produce and I can scan it in, and even buy a new scanner for about the same price. How bizarre.

Good pictures though.
  • Actually don't have legs and arms flailing everywhere in these ones - hoorah!