If it's too good to be true...

Still, at £3,000,000 per annum. 67 days is worth £550,685.

And even if he doesn't avoid paying tax on that; and I assume him and his ilk pretty well don't if they can help it. That's a handy £275,342.

🙂

Comments

• Think it may turn out to be a bit more than that, 1mill, being bandied about, but, hey, small change in the Glorious Game.

FA proven once again to be run by idiots who can't choose a Manager for toffee.

The Managers available? Mostly ex-players, and we know how intellectually challenged they can be, and I believe, not averse to the use of a bung, moral turpitude comes to mind.

The players? Using a wages earned to intelligence used ratio, not the brightest bunch!

And the real idiots? The Great British Public, who pay at the turnstiles and to Sky/BT to watch this sad stuff.

Makes you glad we indulge in a sport where none of this could happen, squeaky clean, athletics, never be a whiff of scandal in running (we've all got TUEs to thank for that)
  • Fat Sam was the greatest England manager ever. He won every game.(I think)

• All he did was make a few comments. We've not heard all the leaked footage but by all accounts he said (more than once) that prior to accepting an advisory role he'd have to run it past the FA first.
    Never been a fan of his, but the phrase "trial by media" springs to mind..
    Still at least that nice Mr Wiggins didn't do anything wrong. I wonder what we would say if he was Russian.

• Hardly the conduct required of an England Manager whether it was sting or not!

EGO! GREED!

He gets £1M pay off for what?

I have always maintained that no matter who they are, but if they're too good, too rich or too powerful they've broken the rules somewhere along the line. FACT

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Appalling choice in the first place, pure mediocrity who'd never won anything, and now this.

Glorious work.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Stevie G wrote (see)

Appalling choice in the first place, pure mediocrity who'd never won anything, and now this.

Glorious work.

Well, actually, he won the League of Ireland First Division 91-92 with Limerick...  And Division Three 97-98 with Notts County.

Glorious work indeed!

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

He reckoned this, his (Allardyce) was a victory for entrapment.

He clearly doesn't 'get it' does he?

Doesn't he realise that a test of his integrity was put before him, and he failed miserably.

It matters not that he claimed before all the verbal garbage brought him down, that he'd have to clear the business of £400,000 with the FA. He shouldn't have even responded to start with.

🙂

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Dustin wrote (see)

All he did was make a few comments. We've not heard all the leaked footage but by all accounts he said (more than once) that prior to accepting an advisory role he'd have to run it past the FA first.
    Never been a fan of his, but the phrase "trial by media" springs to mind..
    Still at least that nice Mr Wiggins didn't do anything wrong. I wonder what we would say if he was Russian.

Those comments were specifically to advise what he thought were investors on how to bypass regulations banning business consortia from owning players. aka slavery.

The rest was borderline (taking money for speaking engagements and so on). The key part was being willing to break particularly important rules relating to a particularly nasty practice, even by football's standards.

Unforgiveable.

Allegedly. 

• Boot it down the middle to the fat scouser...

Can I have 3 million a year please ?