New Balance Shoes

I have been looking at the New Balance range and have identified the 1260 as a good shoes for overpronation and was wondering if anyone here as experience of these?

Currently wearing Mizuno inspires but being less than impressed with the 12 model am looking for a change of brand, been wearing Mizuno for at least 10 years

Comments

• I haven't run in the 1260, but i had the 1080V5. 

Battled with knee problems and then went to a place that video recorded my gait on a treadmill. 30sec is all it took to see that the shoes cushioning gives way and collapses my ankles inward. 

my advise would be to first run a treadmill and record it even on your phone, slow down the replay and make sure before buying any shoe. i do this now all the time.

• The 1080 mentioned above, will roll inward, as it has no medial support (it's a neutral shoe). The 1260 has a medial post, so is correct for what you are requesting.

I have a couple of still-new 1260v1 (and some 1226's as well), which suit me well - I find that the later versions lack the same amount of support. They are still better than most modern shoes in this respect, but each iteration seems to get softer and softer under the arches.

Give them a go - if you are moving from Mizuno Inspires, you will find them a more cushioned ride, which might pronounce the medial/lateral difference (a good thing, if you are looking for more support). I moved from Mizuno Nirvana, which I also loved.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I'm currently using the 860v6.  As a moderate overpronator I'm getting on very well with them.  NB sizing tends to be about half a size large but the big bonus is they do 2E width and even 4E in some models.