Henley Half Marathon 2016

MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

£30 to enter on the day. OK, a bit steep for a half marathon but turning up and paying on the day does incur extra costs.

But if it also means no timing chip and not being included in the results, what is the point?

I've done this race loads of times and do enjoy it but this year I'll pass, thanks.

Comments

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Well if you're not in the results......why pay the entry fee?

Some unscrupulous runners might just turn up, run the race and go home 30quid better off, not that I could possibly recommend such a course of action.

After all, who needs another medal? Just dodge off before the finishing line, its what I've done in the past (oops, might have said to much there) ;0
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I would never do that, for two reasons. First, again, why bother travel there and run the course but not be in the results, whether you pay or not. Second, running as a bandit is disrespectful to the organisers and other competitors.

• Shame not to see you there tomorrow Muttley.  I'll be running this one for the first time, just hope the hill isn't as bad as it sounds image

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Runlozrun, I can tell you that it is ... Enjoy!

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    True Corinthian spirit being shown there, Muttley, but somewhat leaves me baffled as to why you posted in the first place.

If you don't like the way a run is organised then don't do it. No need to whinge in the forum really.image

From the Race Organisers point of view, runners can be a pain, and in the end they have to adopt a "pay up or push off" attitude, which is fine, and we can vote with our feet if we don't like it.

Just to clarify re "bandit" running, I agree there is no possible excuse for turning up to a run with no intention of paying.

But, I have turned up to enter on the day (yeah, I know, my fault, I should enter in good time) but on arrival been told they were sold out. Even though there were loads of uncollected numbers the Organisers couldn't transfer a number to me, which is fine.

Under these circumstances I have felt justified in telling the Organisers that I was going to run anyway, just wouldn't cross the finish line, not get the medal/t-shirt, not appear in the results - effectively a DNF from their point of view.

Disrespectful? Dunno, its a 2 way street with Organisers sometimes.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Posting about a running event on a runners' website that has a forum called "events" is baffling. Okaaaaaaay, if you say so ...

• Nice sunny day for a run this morning. Hill was horrible but had left quite a bit in the tank for it and what goes up has to come down thankfully. Race seemed short though as my garmin showed under 13?
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

In past years they used to park a St Johns ambulance at the top of the hill. Presumably to motivate us image