Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2017

Comments

• Options
    Thought it was about time I posted on here. I just managed to get a place in this great marathon, didn't enter till 7.30 am on the 1st of Jan so I guess I just sneaked in, I knew it would sell out quick but didn't realise how quick. It will be my 6th snod, I had to pull out last year about a week before due to knee trouble but I am determined to do it this year no matter what, B&B is booked,so I have now got to get my running Mojo back. This will be my only Marathon this year so I can focus totally on getting that slate coaster for my collection. I have been following this forum and as always I am in ore of the running on here. Good to see an early list on here Trex, so if you could be so kind can you add me to the Single list, Thanks
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Done ...

The Single

• becs
    • brer rabbit
    • Brickhill Runner 
    • Chrissi (tbc)
    • Goldeagle
    • Hobie 1495    Sub-4
    • InsideForward
    • Jimbob987
    • massive
    • Mc Hilly (tbc)
    • Mr panad
    • panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • Reydon Rover
    • Run Jono
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Waygood
    • SwimsL1keaWalrus  1st SNOD
    • The Lazy Greyhound
    • TrailRunner22
    • Ultra Disco Stu

The Double

• BritNick
    • T Rex
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Any more takers for the double?  It is not as difficult as you might think, provided you go slowly enough.  Couldn't quite make 2 x 5:00 last year so my aim will be 2 x 5:10.

I've got plans for more 'double' marathons, but not this year.  At least one more in 2018.

• Options
    Thanks Trex, I would love to do the double but there is no way my dodgy knees would handle that. I will be more than happy to finish the single this year!
  • Options
    Good to have you on board RR. Hope training goes well and injury free.
  • Options
    Thanks BR, yeah I hope the knees Hold out, I see you are doing the Lskeland 50, very impressive
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Well, see you all in the new era.  I'm saving the list in case it gets lost.  I hope the old threads are all kept.  Although renewed every October, the new SNOD thread always overlaps with the old one and keeps going all year, so is essentially a continuously running one and possibly the longest running events thread on the forum.

I wonder when it started ...

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

The search function isn't very good on this website, but it looks like 13/2/2005, started by blisters. My first post was 6/2/2006.  On p2 of the '06 thread Rob Samuels posted, saying his 2005 race was his first marathon, finishing in 3:21!  He's come a long way since then.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

3 wins 2011-13 and CB of 2:35

• Options

I am back in for the single (that is more than enough for me). The website kept crashing for me too but fortunately I was in the US for the Dopey Challenge so managed to get in when I got back from celebrating New Year while those back at home were probably fast asleep.

T Rex - I think my husband has a space going for the Snowdon Trail Marathon - he now can't make it due to canoeing commitments. If you are still interested in a space I can check with him.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Anyone else coming over to this grim, new-look forum??  I hope so.  It looks like the old thread is continuing in tandem, but I suppose could disappear at any moment.  

NB: taking with it all posts after Jan 30 ...
  • Options
    Guess we'll all have to swap to here at some point. Gonna be confusing for a while though. Hope they put a re-direct on the old one for a while when it disappears.
    At least it's certain that camaraderie will still rule on this thread even if the new format seems to have ignoed the subtitle!
  • Options

Just found my way over here. Bit stark compared to the old one but guess we will get used to it!

You got your entry to the Snowdonia Trail sorted ok TR?

• Options
    Wow, just signed in to the new look forum and not a fan of this at all. Currently trying to slowly build mileage again after a couple of months off after Snod last year as it knackered my knees up. No real plans for this year other than Snod and pacing my better half around Liverpool RnR half in May. Anyone else up to much or got much planned?
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Working on it, buddy.  
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

The Single

• becs
    • brer rabbit
    • Brickhill Runner 
    • Chrissi (tbc)
    • Goldeagle
    • Hobie 1495    Sub-4
    • InsideForward
    • Jimbob987
    • massive
    • Mc Hilly (tbc)
    • Mokshaeight  3:57
    • Mr panad
    • panad
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • Reydon Rover
    • Run Jono
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Waygood
    • SwimsL1keaWalrus  1st SNOD
    • The Lazy Greyhound
    • TrailRunner22
    • Ultra Disco Stu

The Double

• BritNick
    • T Rex
  • Options
    Did your profile pic automatically transfer T-rex? Mine (and I notice lots of others) has disappeared and when I try to put one up it says I don't have permission!
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Yes - my pic transferred automatically.  Just as well because I wouldn't have known what to do!

How did you do it, The LG?
  • Options
    Search me TR. It just appeared. I have bookmarked the new thread and altered my preference settings to email but don't get the usual email to notify me there has been a post. Still can't quite see why they felt it needed to be changed.  Haven't even got the sick face emoji anymore so how will anyone be able to describe the Waunfawr hill now?!!
  • Options
    must be still in the 'rolling-out' phase then. It'll probably appear eventually. agree about the (no) need for change and the emojiis.
  • Options
    Oh, had an email alert for that post so that seems to have started working so just need the sick face emoji reinstated now.
  • Options
    Hmm - is it just me/my computer, or has the old forum now disappeared? I'm getting an error message when I try to access it now.
  • Options

No I think the 2017 one has now regenerated into this. The old ones, 2016 and before, still seem to exist but now look like this new one.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Yes, 'old forum' seems to have gone now.  The only posts that will have been lost are those posted on that site from 31 January onwards.  All the threads on the forum still exist (except again any new ones started on the old site after 30 Jan).
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    So, Munchkin2, we need to get our conversation going!  I'm still after that place for SNOD trail mara.
  • Options
    Cheers T Rex was about to rewrite what I had written on the old site.
  • Options
    :) Hi Everyone! I've made it over to the new one!
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    That's OK, Moksha8 - I spotted your post before it was lost forever.  
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Anyone doing any interesting training?  I'm doing a weekly run commute on a Friday evening, 17 miles one way and getting the train home.  Later on I'll do there and back (but not weekly).

Other than that I'm just going in the hills with my sheepdog.

Achilles tendon seems to be finally improving so might actually be able to start some tempo runs soon.
  • Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    What happened guys?  Thought it'd been a while since I'd received email notifications so came looking...is there any particular reason for the redecoration?

Not been doing a great deal of training, plenty of solid 10ish mile runs though.