Marathon Windows Tour Of Epsom & Ewell Race 1: 3.3MT

2»

Comments

• I know I wanna run! It's me leg you see ....
    <Sticks insect repellant in bag although I don't think there's much left of me that hasn't already been bitten>

Ooooh yes the t-shirt at the end 'Tour of Epson' last year! Wonder where it will be this time ;-)
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    first here?! wasn't first last night though, 3.20 slower than last year - thats shocking!

very oddly, spent most of the race chatting to that slippery ex of mine, as he jogged round (his jog, not ours!) with murf and myself.

got all competitive up the last hill, seeing potential tour places in front of me - how much will I regret that next friday?

just under 4 hours to go...
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    where are you guys?! race reports please

tiger got a pb last night, I got a pw! got dragged around by one of my club team mates so just dipped under the dreaded 40minutes plus mark.

legs hurting a tiny little bit last night, so damage minimisation for tonights run!
  • I'm here!
    Dunno where I pulled that PB out of the bag from last night but I'm very pleased! :-))

Snoop wants an easy jog tonight, I don't mind doing that. That's right isn't it Snoop? ;)
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    yeah right - the very sniff of sweaty runners and he gets competitive!

well done tigs!
  • Think I overdid it last night, I'm feeling quite stiff at the moment!

Sweaty runners, how appealing is that image Annajo? Hmmmmm ......... :-)
  • Thought you were taking it easy this week Tigs!

My time on Monday was 2.25 slower than last year and would've been slower than that without the company of Annajo and Slippery. So glad I opted out of the whole tour this year, I definitely wouldn't have made it through to Friday!
  • Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    hhmmm...seems like you lot need a kick-up-the-bum to get you kick started..
  • Oi matey I don't need a kick up the bum, got a PB, me! :-)
    hhmmm...seems like some of you lot need a kick-up-the-bum to get you kick started..
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    well if you'd been doing the whole tour, snoops, you could have helped us out from Monday...

one year, you will be persuaded, i'm sure...!

it was great running with you on monday murf, I wouldn't have gotten round in the same speed without either chasing you for the first half of the race, or chatting to you for the second half. we seem to be very evenly paced at the moment!
  • Chatting during a race?! What's that? ;-)
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    well, got to employ some method of slowing myself down to stay fresh for the later days...!

of course, now that you're such a speedy runner, tiger, you wouldn't dream of doing anything so uncompetitive as actually chatting to the opposition?

well done to your son last night, by the way - shame he didn't win, he raced very well and very competitively, but have to admit, I've never seen a 'fun' run with such a good finish - elbows out and everything to win!
  • Yes I had to console him by telling him what a fantastic race it was to watch, it was amazing how many adult runners stopped to watch it, usually it's only the doting mums & dads who are interested!
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    good luck to everyone for tonight, its the dreaded epsom downs...

(secretly quite like this course, just don't remind me of that tonight!)

my legs started to moan at me a little bit last night, but still doing ok ish.

oh by the way, at the start of last nights race, I'm sure I heard someone say 'is that annajo' to me, but I couldn't work out who - is that slow but sure? I'm guessing from the picture youre a sutton runner?
    (or was I just hearing things last night!)
  • Well that was mighty hard work, I wondered if my heart was going to give out before I got to the top of the hill the second time round!

But as I got a PB I won't complain too much :-))

Good to see Annajo again, looks like we might just make it through the week now!
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    first time up the hill was worst than the second for me, because I knew first time round I'd have to do it all over again!

almost... almost enjoyed it... felt good to be able to push it a bit harder... almost!

one more to go know and we'll have made it through another tour - if Tiger gets another pb tonight then are the drinks on her?!
    not proper pb's though, are they?
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    whaddya mean, not proper PBs?! I run some of these courses more than I run some standard distances, like 5ks and half marathons!
    they're not recognised distances - you only do 'em once a year.

not like 10k, or 10m..
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    aha - I do the downs course at least twice a year, ditto the nonsuch park course, and gawd knows how often I run round horton park, races or training.
    (and hey I recognise the distances - 3.9 miles is a distance just under 4 miles, 4.4 miles just over 4 miles...)

loved the fact that yesterday was down as 4 miles - yeah right - of course I can do 4 miles round epsom downs in 28 minutes at the moment!
    anyway, good luck tonight you tourers, whatever the distance.
  • Hi Annajo,yes, it was me who asked. I keep seeing your name on the site but don't know who you are! Did you enjoy the Tour and manage to complete it? Are you doing the Epsom 10K tomorrow? If you are, and you see me, please come and say hello!
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    yes, I finished the tour, really enjoyed it in a weird way, and came 5th in the handicap, so I was dead chuffed! how did you do?

I didn't do epsom 10k though - slept right through that morning - oops.

not sure what you look like though - I'm a epsom Harrier, you must be a sutton runner? when's your next local race ? I'm going to do elmbridge 10k i think.
  • Overall I was a bit slower than last year, but I did take Monday very easily. I'm just very pleased my hamstring held out for the week, doesn't seem to have done it any harm :-)

You don't fancy the Surrey Slog the week before do you Annajo? ;)

Coming along to Dulwich 5K tomorrow?
  • Hi Annajo, I am a Sutton Runner and I will be doing the Dysart Dash next. I will be doing Elmbridge too so will probably see you there. I am the slow one at the back!