GPS watch that is smart enough to wear for work.

So my partner has started running again but doesn't have a GPS watch anymore. I'd like to buy her one. Ideally it would also have a cycling mode. But it needs to look smart for all day wear at work as well and ideally be a fitness tracker.

What do people suggest?

Comments

• I have a Garmin 630 which I like, and wear all day including to work. It says on the gamin site: Cycling Features - Bike speed/cadence sensor - yes (optional) I have never used the cycling features so can't comment on them.
  • I'd look on DC rainmaker and his reviews - there are photos included so you can see the size of the watch too and also good comparisons to function and performance.  I wear my 920XT to work with no problems, you can also change the face with the apps.

• I have a brand new unopened Garmin fenix 3 sapphire edition titanium multi sport training GPS watch for sale, perfect for training as well as a Smart dress watch.
  • I have the Tom Tom Runner 3. Fits under my shirt cuff, looks reasonably similar to the Apple Watch in terms of bulk. I've got the black one and wear it both for running and with a suit.

• Waaapster wrote (see)

I have the Tom Tom Runner 3. Fits under my shirt cuff, looks reasonably similar to the Apple Watch in terms of bulk. I've got the black one and wear it both for running and with a suit.

I'm glad someone mentioned the Tom Tom Runner 3. My friend loves his and says the features are just right for an 'everyday'' watch.  I was looking at the Microsoft Band 2 because it has more social media options and text notifications.  I will see what the TomTom Runner 3 cardio with music costs in June and then make a decision.

• garmin 630 which I wear with my suit at work.

• I think the new New Balance RUNIQ looks great.However it is £325 which is rather pricey IMO.

• Thanks everyone, I went for the TomTom Runner 3 but she didn't like it as it kept defaulting to demo mode. Replacing it with a Garmin forerunner 235. 

Now to decide what I want, I also bike and swim so needs to do them as well.

• I have the Garmin 735 and I love it, I wear it all the time.

• That is what I'm tempted by, just need to save up.

• I bought the Tom Tom Runner 2 before xmas last year (in preparation for the London Marathon 2016).  Ive used it at least 3/4 times a week since then for runs/bike/gym.  Ive had no problems with it at all.  Highly recommended.  Syncs very well with the Tom Tom MySports app to track times/pace etc.

• While on the GPS subject the strap on my Garmin Forerunner 110 is about to break(again).the last time Garmin replaced the complete unit and charged me £55.I asked if I could perhaps upgrade and they point blank said NO. Does anyone know if they have changed policy?To me it makes sense to upgrade to a more modern watch and pay the difference.Obviously I have emailed them however I do not expect a reply until Monday.

• Fenix 3 (although might be too big) or Fenix 5 (looks even better than Fenix 3, and comes in different sizes)