Options

The Thousand Mile Club - 2017

Comments

• Options

Ooo-errr... dunno what happened there! It looked fine to me when I posted image

[...] @ HM pace ~8:00/mi. (7:51, 7:54, 7:56, 7:56, 7:56) and a short trot back to work, making 6.15 miles in total. Very kind pace making by my two speedy work colleagues - they did an easy pace run while I puffed and panted my way round!

That gave a YTD: 128.64 miles.

Then I ran again tonight - a slow/easy 8.41 miles.

Thanks Andrew (re: machine comment, not cut off in my prime comment - LOL!) I'm not quite sure what type of machine... a little chugging one like a Teasmade maybe?

Harmander - you might not be able to do some of the paces mentioned on here but no one can match you for distance!!! Do they recognise you in Maccy-D's now - since you are 100% paid in burgers for your training runs... hahaha...?

What a nice thing to say Donnie - thank you, you've made my day! image

YTD: 137.05 miles.

• Options

Parkrun vollunteering this morning, a very sedate 5k at the back of the pack (back marker). And i'm definitely claiming the miles...

2017 - 60.81

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

That's a bummer Matt. Sending injury repair vibes in your direction.

Definitely claim them JR: slow miles are more valuable, they take longer to do image

For me today a very pleasant easy run down by the river, just mileage building, taking my time and enjoying the fresh air. Topped off with half a dozen strides at the finish to pep up the legs. 6.49 miles in total.

72.28 ytd

• Options

Muttley you hve less than a half marathon to cover by Tuesday night to be on target.

JR - I also pace at the Parkrun - normally start of at some silly pace like 35 minutes (5 hour Marathon Pace) and start knocking off 30 seconds every couple of weeks - down to 30 minutes now and will be about 27:30 by end of March.  This helps a cohort of runners progress nicely. During April I will go back to a slow time to start over.  As I run  two miles to Barking Parkrun (Valentines is 700m from my house but 'Er indoors bosses it there) it gives me a good sense of how I feel on the day - I really struggled today because I was late setting off from home - almost did a Little Nell pace and made it there in under 17 minutes with seconds to the start.

After the Parkrun I did the course again with some newbies to get extra mileage and ran home to do 10.19 miles for the day making:

YTD = 203.80 miles (YES less than 800 miles to go and 66.75 miles ahead of Nell)

With LSR tomorrow and a training run on Tuesday it will make getting to 400 miles in by the end of the short month of February that much easier

• Options

JR - a 5K parkrun is definitely 3.1 miles to log! image

Should be a tonne up for you in a few days, Muttley.

Make that 63.33 miles ahead, Harmander... did a little 3.42 miles trot out this evening, just turning the legs over prior to my planned 16 tomorrow.

YTD: 140.47 miles.

BTW, guys and gals - don't forget tomorrow is the final day for posting before the forum is migrated to a new, improved iteration (apparently). If anyone logs between 1:00 am on Monday and whenever the transition is complete their posts will not be migrated!

• Options

Nell,

Just saw your message - thanks for the heads up on your planned mileage - oh and the migration (seems RW is copying Trump and halting it until ..... whatever - lol).

• Options

Morning all,

A couple of 10ks and parkrun yesterday have brought me to 100 miles image

Good to know we are counting those miles JR as have volunteered to be back marker at Parkrun next week ahead of the Watford Half Marathon the day after. 

YTD 100.10

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭

Lots of good mileage being logged.

JR 20TO12, couldn't help but smile at your tail runner slow parkrun volunteering. I've not been tail runner at ours for a while, but we seem to be having more people coming along and walking at the back - I think someone took over an hour a few weeks back. So, just to check, does it only count as miles if I run, or does the fact that I turn up with the intention of running count? Perhaps I could volunteer for the role and be like a really irritating dog, running circles around them for the full 5k! image

Since my last check in on Monday, I've done the following:

Tuesday: 11.01 miles (MWLR)

Thursday: 10.01 miles (before 6 am, what on earth came over me) - Warm up and cool down with 2 sets of 2 x 1200m/800m reps with 50% recovery between reps

Saturday: 7.09 miles including parkrun

Today: 14.01 miles, for some reason overall finishing slower than last week! (Despite the fact that it felt we were going faster).

YTD: 126.63 miles image

• Options
    senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Gade Valley 12 today, lovely training run with a Danish at the end.image

29-Jan Wk 4: 32.15 YTD: 132.2M
  • Options

Went for a little jog with my marathon friends - ended up doing 18.22 miles.

YTD = 222.02 miles 

This is a few huundred metres  short of making it 10% of last year#s total - in under a month

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

So the forum will be offline for a few days while they turn it into something new.

Going down chaps, see you on the other side ...

• Options

Well done to all our centurions - becoming a goodly group now!

In case we don't get back up and running in time... good luck for Watford HM 20TO10 (and the parkrun volunteering).

That's some nice weekly mileage there Clag - those are long reps, what sort of goal pace do you run them at? I'm intrigued as the intervals I do (as per "The Plan") are a lot shorter and faster - they're pretty much I would do for HM training and I've been pondering if they're too short and fast for marathon training... but I guess "The Plan" knows what it's doing image

Sounds like a very nice run senidM... pastry or person (I'm presuming pastry image)?

Nice "little jog" Harmander - taking you further ahead of me as my little jog was 16.22 miles in the end. So - that's the furthest I've ever run... it felt good though. Rewarded myself with nachos and pizza afterwards but could only manage 3/8ths of the pizza - stuffed now.

See you all on the other side of the migration!

YTD: 156.69 miles.

• Options

Muttley... dive - dive - dive... image

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Nell, following Pfitzinger & Latter half marathon plan. Reps are supposed to be done at 3k - 5k pace. No idea what my 3k pace is as I've never raced it! 5k pace is around 6:25 on a very good day, but I only managed to hit that in my last 800m rep this week. Averaged 6:40 pace overall. Not sure why I didn't nail it, although I'd usually do them late afternoon but this week headed out at 5:45 am due to life getting in the way so that may have something to do with it!!
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Nell, I believe you have a 920xt ... using ConnectIQ you can add a data screen showing you how many pizzas you've earned:

https://apps.garmin.com/en-GB/apps/da79ef76-eb92-48ba-a360-dd4dd1519b03#0

• Options

Interesting - thanks Clag!

I run my reps faster than 5K pace... but, like you, I've never run a 3K race, so maybe it's more like my 3K pace... hmmm...

• Options

Hahaha... thanks, Muttley - you sneaked in your reply while I was typing!

But - what if the pizza has extra olives??? Can the app cope??? image

Still came in under my notional "calorie goal" for the day - I really struggle to consume enough food on long run Sundays... not a concept I thought I'd ever have to deal with (... with which I would ever have to deal (to be precise)).

• Options

Nell,

I usually tell those newbies who try to tell me how I shoulf be running (after two or three sessions from me) that there is no difference between Pasta and Pizza as long as they make it extra hot - and then watch them try and run lol.

It is why a Big Mac is best after a run.

Muttley - With a bit of luck (and a snorkel) I will be on 275 miles this time next week - but don't hold me to it. How many Big Macs would I have earned? at 11 minutes a mile and 68kg

• Options
    NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    I also did the gade valley 12 today, ran there (4.5 miles) and most of the way back (after a Danish pastry) which made it 20.1 for the day (with a couple of 10-20 min rests in between).

20TO12, I'm also doing Watford half next weekend, looking forward to it!

Have just found on strava it gives YTD miles in total which seems to prevent the rounding error, it's about half a mile more than my total on here so I'm claiming that! Also means I don't need to find my last post and do maths every time.

YTD 110.5 miles

Hope the forum is still here after tomorrow.
  • Options

Morning all,

Another week behind us, enjoying the thread, some great banter going back and forth.

Stats for last week:

23.01.17 - 11.25

25.01.17 - 4.06

27.01.17 - 7.18

29.01.17 - 4.68

YTD = 91.52

Some enjoyable runs last week, Monday's long run was hard work as my calf is still giving me a bit of pain, I did a new route yesterday down a quiet country lane, which was nice, however it did a couple of small, but killer hills!

I am doing the Worthing half on the 12th Feb, was hoping for about 1.40 but with the leg probably looking around the 2 hour mark, but I am not too worried, its all about getting outside for me.

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

This might get lost, but what the hell .... 6 miles on Saturday, 65 YTD

• Options
    Why fix it if it's not broken? I have to say i'm not impressed with this new website AT ALL.
  • Options

Looks horrible.

Brief update to cover the lost posts:

End of January update - 65 miles

Feb so far - 18 miles

YTD - 83 miles.

• Options
    YTD - 96.82
    Will crash the 100m barrier tonight :)
  • Options
    senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Oooer, fear of new things, doesn't look too good this new forum, but no doubt will become familiar in time.  :o
  • Options
    This new site is absolutely horrid. Who the hell chose that blue for the banner? And how bloody white is this page?

I'm guessing some much younger people than me are patting each other on the back saying how 'fresh, clean and de-cluttered' it is. God I sound old, do I not like change!
  • Options
    YTD: 107.4

Good god, this new layout is awful.

I love a good forum and everyday check this alongside two footy and a county cricket one. Whats with the acres of white dead space?

I assume the original where some are still posting will be taken down?
  • Options
    NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    8.1 miles with my running club last night, easy pace fairly consistent (apart from a hill), came out at just under 8:30s on average.

Feb 29.2
    YTD 139.7
  • Options
    *Looks around, seems a bit quiet round here so far*

Anyhoo, last total on the old forum for me was 72.28 miles on 28 Jan. Reporting since then:
    - 9.04 miles slow easy run on 31 Jan;
    - 4.22 miles including some tempo intervals on 2 Feb;
    - 6.32 miles incl 5.6 miles easy and some strides on 4 Feb
    - couple of days off to let a slight hamstring-type niggle subside;
    - and 6.82 miles incl 8 x 400m w/1:30 jogging recovery today; was pleased with this because target pace was 7:30-ish but I was well ahead of that on all reps (even did one at sub-7).

98.68 ytd

• Options
    Not entirely sure about the new forum layout tbh. A lot of wasted screen space, pictures v small (I'm very proud of my whirling tail), and no edit facility I can see. But there is a preview, which is good. And the new forum makes it easier to see which threads have new posts on. I guess I'll get used to it.