Great Welsh Marathon Entry

1234568»

Comments

• I am reading and knitting and watching athletics.I will get Alun or look on line for dairy.

That is good it is on tarmac so no race this weekend? Back to Wales again you must know that stretch of coast pretty well:-)

So far I have pencilled in this race in April, Jersey  half in June, Ammanford 10k July, Barry island 10k August and GSR October. but not entering until foot is healed. But early bird enter for this race is 31st August so not sure what I  will do as yet.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    That's right, no race this weekend, I don't want one as I've cranked up the mileage, done 97 miles in the last 8 days.

Such a nice guy that organises the Born to Run events I couldn't say no, and it fits nicely into my 24 hour training.

I won't be at Great Welsh next year as it clashes with Connemara but I expect I'll be back to do another event in Llanelli if Born to Run put on another ultra.

Tricky to know what to do re early bird entry, I would go for it.

I haven't made any plans for next year except for Connemara, will depend on my 24 hour as I know I will either 
    a) never want to do another
     or 
    b) immediately start planning the next one!
  • That is great mileage!! I hope you feel okay after cranking the mileage up?

I am  glad you like the area and race:-)

What a shame when great events clash hopefully see you in 2020;-)

24 hour race which one are you doing? It must be a tough race.

I have another week to decide it is so hard as you have no idea in 8 months time but I should be okay God willing.

I just watched LCW it was fab beautiful showcase to Tenby and Pembrokeshire I really want to do the half what an experience.

I received my refund from the one race out of 4 so happy to enter that race when it opens in October.
    31 days to go.....

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    WP - I am feeling a little jaded with the increase in mileage, but only another few days and then I'll ease off a bit.   Did a marathon yesterday and got a season's best, so happy with that.

I'm doing Listowel Endurance Festival.  It will be no tougher than any other 24 hour race, what makes a 24 hour race tough is the fact that it's for 24 hours :o 

I have recorded the LCW programme, glad it's inspired you to take part next year, lovely event and if you can go and watch the swim on the Friday and the cycle on the Saturday it makes a great weekend.

Good news on the refund.

How's the foot?
  • That sounds like  good training and a Season's Best -yay I hope the reduced mileage will help you?

Yes 24 hours is a long time to be running!!

I am trying to pursuade Alun to make  a weekend of it even if we stay somewhere quieter and I can get the train in to watch  the swim and bike race.

The foot is doing well no more pain and have got out twice this week as I had been in for 16 days,only to supermarket hobbling  whilst Alun  pushes trolley but good to be out. 25 days to go.I am more mobile which is great.

Any races this weekend?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    WP - when I went to stay for the LCW at Tenby I stayed just outside Tenby, very reasonable B & B but you would need a car.   The early bird prices for the LCW ends today I think so accommodation is filling up fast.  

That's great progress on the foot and at least you can get out a bit now.

I'm heading for Wales today, 30 mile race in Llanelli tomorrow, on part of the GW route.
  • Thanks for information I shall get  looking.

How was your 30 mile race? Did you see any of the cyclists the Tour of Britain was starting at Pembrey on Sunday so they may have been out practicing?

I went out for a walk yesterday we went to a flat promenade by the sea and it was perfect I got carried away and walked 3.5 miles a mile is taking 30 minutes .Foot is achy so will not walk until Thursday but it was so nice to be out in fresh air again and use my garmin. This area about 35 minutes drive is perfect for a run from what I see about 6 miles or 8 miles distance and nice for a change.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    WP - that's great progress on the foot.  It must feel good to be out there again.

Had a really good race on Saturday, and yes, saw one team out for a warm up.   A long report with pictures is on my training thread.   At the start of the race I asked another runner where ToB was starting and he said Pembroke, hence the error in my report.  
  • Oh yes Shades it felt fantastic to be outside in fresh air. 21 days to go.....

i will go and read your race report, I hope the fish and chips were top quality?

Good luck for this race Seren. I have not entered as lost too much money this year on races I will enter closer to the date if everything is okay.

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression