Brick Runs

Hi All,

I missed a lot of training  last year due to an intercostal injury and am looking forward to getting back into it this year. I have signed up for Ironman Barcelona which will be my first iron distance triathlon. Due to my shift pattern being on an eight day rotation I have decided to adapt the Fink plan to match this. This means it will start in a couple of weeks. My current level of fitness and commitments are swaying me towards the intermediate plan. My concern is having looked through it that there only seems to be a short brick session each week. I was wondering whether anybody had followed this plan and if so did you think this amount of brick training was adequate. Any advice is really appreciated, sorry if it's a bit long winded.

Comments

• I'm in week 4 now, had similar concerns, but there seems to be such a huge body of evidence on the internet/facebook from people who have used the plan, say it works and to stick with it, that I've completely placed my faith in it.

• Cheers I think I'll do the same.

• I was advised to do a lot of brick training, but with all the best intentions I never actually managed that much - I'm not sure in the end for a completer such as me it made much difference.

In a sprint distance race where the run only lasts for 20 minutes or so, staggering around for the first 10 minutes because you haven't done enough brick sessions to be able to run strongly off the bike would make a big difference. For an iron distance, 10 minutes out of 5 hours or so is a much smaller difference.

• Cheers Paperman this makes sense I am definitely in the completer bracket so I am going to follow the plan with the mentality that if other people can finish doing it so can I.