Options

Two Castles Run 10K

13»

Comments

• Options
    They told us to be there at 8, though, and didn't bother opening the toilets until 8:15 or 8:20 which is why the queue started so big. Toilets at the start are always going to be a problem unless they're going to hire portaloos.

I thought the race start was a bit of a shambles too - I wasn't that far back but I hear the tannoy or see the very front to know what was going on. When we did get moving there was no definite 'go' line to start my watch from - I guess it was the iron gates?

All in all good fun day and I would do it again. Knew I was off form but still a bit disappointed with my time :-( I blame the heat :-)

They posted about 60 MB of photos on the website yesterday and you couldn't really pick out the faces from the thumbnails - I guess people must have downloaded all the full images to look through. (I did think about doing that myself - good thing I didn't, or I'd feel really guilty now!)
  • Options
    Still no results does anyone have any idea when they will be ???
  • Options
    LoperLoper ✭✭
    I did find the photos toaday and had a quick look, then the page went down again. I think it can't take the traffic (or something techincal).
  • Options
    The results are up now on http://www.twocastlesrun.org.uk/

I managed 544th of 1500 finishers so just outside top third. That's not too bad, I suppose, but I'm still a bit annoyed at the time - I wanted 50 mins, perferably closer to 45, and I've done much better times in training since - albeit flatter courses. Oh well. Maybe it'll be better next year now I know the course - do they change it round much?