Any reason to not just run 10k 4 times a week?

I'm 44 and started running in September after 44 years of not being a runner (apart from rugby when younger).

When I started, I could barely run fro 2 minutes, but now I do about 10k 4 times a week in about 45-48 minutes. My time has come down from 55 minutes plus in about 2 months of doing 10k runs.

I can't/don't want to dedicate more time to running as I have kids, job, other stuff I would rather do.

I split my running about 15% trail and 85% road.

Is there any reason no to just continue with this for the foreseeable future? I'm running for fitness (and because I like it) rather than sport.

Comments

• No, it's fine. I used to just go for easy runs whenever I felt like it and it was very pleasant. When I did decide to start racing (after at least three years) I started to structure my training, which has been differently rewarding, but I still remember how much I enjoyed just doing whatever I felt like, and it definitely got me fit.

• That sounds like great progress- If you are regularly doing 10k in about 45 miutes after only 4 months of running, you have improved a lot over that time!As long as you aren't running at a hard effort every time, it's fine- far better to run at a relaxed pace for every run and enjoy it- obviously you will probably plateau at some point, but then you can decide whether that's OK, since you are still enjoying it, and keeping fit, or whether to push for longer distances, or to think about a more structured plan to work on pace ( maybe enter a race or do park run??), or to run in company ( ? join a club)- all of which are also great fun, if you get tired of running solo.

• Nothing wrong with it at all, stark contrast to the thousands of people on here over the years who want to know how to stay motivated for an activity they clearly dont enjoy ????
  • Ok, thanks for that! I find it hard to run at a relaxed pace when it's been as cold as it has since I've been fairly keen to get the running over with more often than not over the last 6 weeks or so!

I've off running post-vasectomy at the moment and miss it dreadfully. They said it doesn't hurt! image

Thanks again for your thoughts!

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    "I've off running post-vasectomy at the moment and miss it dreadfully."

They're only supposed to give you a little snip and tie a knot, not remove the entire peccant member!!image
  • This sort of information would have been more pertinent before the operation!!

Still, they said if there were any complications they'd tarmac the drive for a discount price...