Goring 10k

Hi everyone,

Goring is coming up at the end of February and will be the first "serious" event that I have done - the others at the end of last year involved dressing as Santa!

I'm a slow runner and I'm ok with that.  I've not been running all that long, just since last Summer.  My questions - I guess that some of you have been to this event?  What was it like?  Is it full of serious runners that will be annoyed with me and my lack of progress?  Honestly, I'm just hoping that I finish in under the allotted 90 minutes.

Thanks image 

Comments

• Hey Emma,

It is a 'undulating' event but I love it. The first 1km is uphill and then you have some great ups and downs. Although popular with club runners, there are also many non-club runners and the event is always fairly relaxed and friendly. I will be there again this year I think. If you google the race on youtube there is a video of the course in 10mins.

If I remember correctly, you also get some free homemade flapjack at the end!

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Agreed. Don't worry about being "slow", this is a fine event and caters to all standards between serious racing snake and ordinary mortal. As said above it is quite, erm, undulating but great fun. It's a proper village-green race with hot drinks and treats at the finish. Just take it easy on the first 1k. And look out for Humphrey the Camelimage

I've done it loads of times but unfortunately can't this year - the trains from Reading are off due to engineering works.