Shoulder Surgery- when can I return to running?!?!

What's up guys. 

I've recently had an ac joint reconstruction on a grade 4 separation. Been doing loads of research online into return to activity times. Problem is, most sites will mention return to tennis, swimming and contact sports but not running. Due to see my surgeon in a couple of weeks who will hopefully answer my question, but was wondering if anyone out there has had an ac joint reconstruction and how long was it before returning to running?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Hi Josh, I've not had an op for my AC joint but I did dislocate it back in 2015 and had to cancel a ski holiday which grated slightly.

I guess the question is how do you feel?  I started running again after about a month because the joint was still separated and still is slightly but I'll have to live with that.  I was worried about slipping on leaves/ice/wet grass or pavements but it's down to you I'd say.

Maybe head out for a brisk walk and see how you feel - any pain or discomfort then see about a slow jog and progress from there.

• Mark, 

Cheers for the response. I also had to cancel a skiing holiday- I know your pain!

Feeling better by the day: at day 32 post op and looking to be back running by day 56 (8 weeks)- pretty realistic I think!

• Have you had the shoulder rehabilitated. I would not simply trust that because you have had surgery, that everything is now hunky dory. 

THe musclar structures will need to be rehabilitated back to allow normal function. 

• <div>
    </div><div>Hi, I torn my ligament while playing cricket few weeks ago. It’s the ligament joining the collar bone and the shoulder (not sure which one!) I am recovering but missing running:( 
    is there any strap that I can put around my shoulder (and strap it to my body may be?) for running even with some pain? 
    <span>Any recommendations? </span>
    </div>