Freiberg's Disease

Have been recently diagnosed with Freiberg's Disease. Have been struggling with what I thought was a stress fracture for over 12 weeks - having just recovered from one in my other foot! 
Am going to get a second opinion because haven't really been given any information or help about what I should (and perhaps more importantly, shouldn't!) be doing. Anyone ever suffered from this? I'm worried I will never run again :( There is little information on this apart from the basics.

Comments

• Friebergs is a growth plate injury in Young people up to the age of 15-16.
    similar to Severs disease.

there are always fundamental reasons why this will happen. 

You you should have your Biomechanics looked at to find out why there are unreasonable forces going through the foot creating stress. 

Do do you have a forefoot/midfoot strike?
    minimalist shoes?
    poor flexibility routine?

• TheSianzTheSianz ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That's the thing - I'm in my mid thirties! I heard it was mostly young people got it.
    I was always a heel striker and ran in mizuno wave support shoes. I have bunions :( so need wide shoes.
    I have orthotics to help offload the bunions. My regular physio didn't know much about this condition. I was unable to get much help out of the drs I saw at the hospital and just told to go back in a few months. :(

• An orthotic, can be outdated, and not doing what it is meant to. 
    And your feet may need further treatment, like joint mobilisation, soft tissue work, and streategic fact that you have bunions, already tells me a lot about what is gong wrong in terms on the forces along the medial column of the foot.

get another Podiatry opinion.
    ask if they do foot mobilisation.