stability shoes problem

edited February 2017 in Gear
Hello. I am currently training for my first marathon and I need a new pair of shoes. I am an overpronator (my right foot overpronates more than left). At the moment I am using Adidas supernova sequence boost 8 and Adidas supernova glide boost 8.
I can't use the glide boost shoes for a run that is longer than 10km because is causing bunion pain on my right foot (as I overpronate more) and some muscle tightness. At the other hand, during the past few weeks my sequence boost shoes started to cause me pain on my left foot at the end of my arch and at the top of my foot phalanx. 
I am looking for a shoe that is offering support but it will not cause me any issues with my left foot. Do you have any recommendations? 
Thank you.

Comments

• CaptainCaptain ✭✭✭
    Brooks Addiction, Brooks Beast, Asics Foundation, Saucony Stabil CS3

• I too have a bunion due to fallen arch but I now wear orthotic insoles which have completely resolved the problem - I removed existing insoles from my New Balance shoes designed for over pronation and use orthotics in them. Also use orthotics for general wear/walking. Also worked on foot flexibility with exercises and my stability wasn't good and feet were v v stiff. Have done a few 18-22 mile runs ok, no bunion pain & crucially, no knee pain either which I was also getting partly due to my foot issue. Maybe see a podiatrist?