Is that Myositis?

I'm an experienced, yet inconsistent runner, who is prone to the odd injury here and there. I'm set to be running a half marathon I'm two weeks time and have been training really well tail end of last year up till now, doing around 30 miles a week. (2x 10 miles, 2 x 5 miles)  This time last week (having not run for 3 day)  I started feeling very flu-ey, achy, sore throat etc, but it didn't develop into a cold or flu. On Tuesday my right leg started randomly aching whilst out with the kids. The headaches were on and off and I felt a really dry mouth, again on and off. 

The leg pain has eased, the headache still lingered, but I tried a run on Saturday and made it two miles before the body seized up. I tried again this morning and made it three and a half before flaking. Now I've got a pounding head.  

Seems like a virus to me, which will only be treated with rest, but googling suggests that it could be myositis. Anyone had any experience of this and can give any tips to help ease it. 

I really want to get a few long runs in before race day, but after today I think that might not be wise. 

Help please! 

Comments

• Rest up, keep warm, drink plenty of fluid. It probably is a virus but all is not lost if you listen to your body and take time to recover properly and fully. Call the next week extreme tapering. Do not attempt to run until the weekend and then start with a walk to see how you really are.
  • Thanks CJ, I was good up to today but chomping at the bit so went out for a short 4 miler to test myself and it felt great, despite the awful blowie from Doris. 

Clearly a virus that was holding me back...going for a long one tmoro, then tapering on Saturday and Monday then done!