Hampton Court Half Marathon 2017 Review

TimeaJTimeaJ ✭✭✭

Hi Peeps

I ran the Hampton Court half marathon on Sunday, so I thought I would share my experiences, if you are after a great winter race for next year.

I have written a full review on my running blog, the link is here. Hope you find it helpful!

Did you do this race? What did you think about it?

Comments

• Hi Timea,

I ran it too for my first half of the year.  Had heard that traffic and parking was a real issue in previous years but didn't find any problems with it this year although that's probably because I got there a bit early.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, weather was unseasonably warm, it was nice and flat and the goody bag was excellent.  I don't run the same half twice but would recommend it to others.  If you like that neck of the woods then would recommend the Thames Meander and the Grand Union Canal half's. 

Cheers,
    Loz  
  • I've done it for the past two years. Last year there were issues. I came by train but there was a problem with car parking and the start was delayed. Then at the end, they couldn't locate my bag for a long time, which left me a bit stressed (since it contained my coat with my wallet, train tickets and keys in it).

This year, with a new start venue (same as the Harry Hawkes 10) it went buttery smooth. Slightly staggered start with different pace groups, pacers, lots of loos, and bag ready for me as soon as approached the tent. (Oh and I got a PB!) Medal was almost twice the size of last year's too, plus a T-shirt.

A huge improvement - well done organisers.
  • This is great as I'm doing it on 19th March! It's my first half marathon. I'm nervous and excited. Hoping to finish in 2hr15 max. Any specific hints or tips based on the course greatly welcomed!
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Georgie, it's not the same race. The original Hampton Court half starts in Thames Ditton and takes place in February. Yours is Hampton Court Palace half, which starts in the palace and is in March. I've never run it but apparently it's a decent race. It'll be flat at least.
  • How interesting! Thanks. Yes the flat part was a big attraction :smile:
  • TimeaJTimeaJ ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for your comments, peeps. How did your race go, Georgie8?
  • Hi I've ran it the last two years, I agree the start of this years was better, I also got a pb this year