MK Festival Of Running

Is anyone doing any of the races on March the 5th?
I did the Half last year which takes in a similar route to the 20 mile race and I think has the same tough two mile uphill finish at the end. The rest was pretty flat though.
I'm in the 20 miler this time, and am in much better form thankfully. Guaranteed PB seeing that I have never raced a 20 mile before!

Comments

• I am also signed up to the 20, bit short on pace and distance so will be taking my time.
  • Good luck Eddy, just try and leave something in the tank for the last two horrible miles ;)
    I am not as confident as I originally was when I started this thread due to a couple of niggles. 
    A certain PB awaits so whatever my time but I think sub 3 may be beyond me this time.
  • runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    I'm doing the half.  Recovering from a cold but as I've had to bail out twice before I'm running this time and will just take it easy and enjoy it. 
  • Horrible wind and rain forecast so I'm going water a water proof wind breaker. 
    Good luck!
  • Well that was hard work!
  • runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    Yeah didn't enjoy that one too much.  Didn't help myself by trying to stick with the 1:50 pacer and after 8 miles regretted it big time.  Could have done without that hill with 600 yards to go too :-(
  • I made exactly the same mistake in the 20 miler, catching the 3 hour pace group in order to shelter from the wind around about mile 11, and then faded just coming out of Broughton after about 15 miles. 
    Yes, I've done a few training runs up that awful hill due to having a bad experience in the half last year but still had the same problem up it here.