Paaain

So I have been running for around 4 months now from a beginner gradually building up few minutes running at a time with the occasional leg pain which I expected and it's bearable now pushing myself a bit more and I feel like my fitness is there. One of my legs is fine the other one goes number after running a few steps and I can't do anything with it the other one fully recovers but this one is painful for a few days atleast after running. I don't feel that it's a normal after excercise pain.

I started running as I need the excercise and it seems to be doing me more harm than good does anyone have suggestions what I should do?
Tagged:

Comments

• If you started from scratch, that is zero fitness and have only been running for 4 months then you are probably trying to hard to fast.

Your cardio fitness improves the fastest, then your muscle fitness but it takes a while for your ligaments and connective tissue to catch up.

Also if your core is weak, yes I hate pliates too, then you will exaggerate every poor movement at your lower limbs.

so TL:DR

Do less running, more core, maybe even some walking and give yourself time
  • I agree with Stump. Pace yourself and build running up slowly. You don't become a runner overnight. Be patient and listen to your body. Once you've built up strength and stamina there will be nothing stopping you. Running is a great way to stay fit and remember to stretch your muscles.
  • I agree with the above!
  • Hi Emily, if the numbness happens each time you run. Get it checked out! There's a difference between pains and aches from training, and body pains telling you something is not right. Numbness shouldn't come from training. The quicker you get it looked at the quicker you can get back fit :)
    You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take- Wayne Gretzky
    www.CoachPhysio.com

Apply to test a 8 week coaching program to improve your running here (only 8 spaces left for free!)
    We cover Mindset, training and Injury Prevention

https://goo.gl/forms/dDYOnEZjmFjanFIs2